Got a chance to finally play this 1995 puzzle from the folks at Ecole yesterday. It had long been on my "that looks interesting but I'm in no rush to get it" list. Since 2001? Haha. Finally got it.

It's very bare bones, what you see is what you get. There is a vs. CPU mode and a 2P mode.

You shoot "blocks" to the side of the screen, trying to "push out" your opponent. It's a halfway interesting concept. If you liked playing "connect four" I guess there are some similarities.

You connect four or more to burst blocks.

It's not a terrible game pe se, it's just not all that exciting or addicting. It's only worth it if you're a diehard puzzle nut and I would not pay more than 10 bucks for it.

Interesting note though, in 2P mode you can play it one of two different ways. One is where you and your opponent can go all out crazy and keep launching blocks OR you can make it more like Chess where there are turns. This is probably the coolest feature of the game.

Like I said, not a great game, not a horrible game. Your mileage may vary. If you're mainly a solo gamer I'd probably skip. If you got a fellow puzzle fan who is open minded this could be fun.

BTW, too bad those drab graphics are SO bad looking. I normally don't really care for graphics but these are so low-res you can't help but point it out. If it had colorful graphics like Puzzle Fighter then that certainly wouldn't have hurt...