Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HERE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just two rarities that seem a bit off:

Moon Ranger for NES: currently R3; I think this should be raised to at least an R5; based on personal experience.

Krazy Kreatures for NES: currently R5; should be lowered to R4, maybe even lower. Tends to be more common than other R5s.

-Speedy
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think Civilzation (SNES) is price wrong

it says 12 for a loose copy

see these auctions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8198924830

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8198298719

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8198073968

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8196093835

while the last one fits the price, the others clearly don't, and we want to be on the low side, so it should be lowered to like 8
    -Jan

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only rarity discrepancy I've noticed would be Koudelka for Ps1. It's currently rated as an R2, which is, IMO, far too low. I've NEVER seen a copy of it in the wild, and I was actively searching for it for at least a year or so before I broke down and bought it on ebay. I think it should be raised to at least an R5, if not an R6, but that's up to the PS1 guys. Thanks for listening!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Crush Crawfish
    The only rarity discrepancy I've noticed would be Koudelka for Ps1. It's currently rated as an R2, which is, IMO, far too low. I've NEVER seen a copy of it in the wild, and I was actively searching for it for at least a year or so before I broke down and bought it on ebay. I think it should be raised to at least an R5, if not an R6, but that's up to the PS1 guys. Thanks for listening!
    Its not a 5 or 6. You've got to realise that most RPG's just have a higher demand for them, especially the PS ones. I've seen numerous copies in the wild over the years. I'll push it up from a 2. But its not a 5 or 6. It should show an update the next time I send in the list to Joe.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Captain Commando (R3) and Tecmo Super Bowl II: Special Edition (R2) for the Super Nintendo are both very hard to come by and should be rated at the very least R5 and possibly R6. Captain Commando rarely ever comes up on ebay; I've seen only 4 or 5 copies all year and I've been tracking it on a weekly basis for the last 8 months. TSB II also saw a very limited production run and is also very hard to find. I had read somewhere that only 10,000 units of the game were produced. It's also a game that is scarce on ebay.
    3,582 games and counting! Pics of tons of stuff!
    Come visit and sign the guestbook:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v48/SimplyDave/

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Divine Atropos

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=35928

The Game Gear carrying case. Maybe there was a typo or something, is it really an R10? I highly doubt it. >_>
    Come on, take a trip with me, across the bridge of lunacy...

Jed - The Fearless Leader of JedMart. Fighting the war against high prices, one sale at a time.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been looking for a U/C NTSC Saturn Powerslave (listed Guide Rarity 3, value $8) for the last couple of weeks, but I'm not finding it. Not at local stores (but then, I haven't seen a Saturn game in the wild in Cleveland in a couple years). Not for less than $20 online (and that being the only listing I saw), and not on ebay at all.

Am I crap at online searching? Did I just start looking for it during a dry spell? Or should U/C NTSC Saturn Powerslave get a rarity bump to 4?
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wizard of Id Wiz Math (ColecoVision):

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=9309

The online guide lists this as an R5/$15 ... that seems hopelessly out of touch with reality. It shows up as a loose cartridge perhaps four or so times a year on eBay, and for as long as I can remember has always fetched at least two to three times the listed $ value at auction.

Does someone have an ungodly stock of these, because I've just never seen it in the quantities one would expect of an R5 -- not to mention that for the last couple years I've had far more requests for it in trade than I've ever been able to find myself.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NES experts please chime in here, but I have been trying to find a copy of Galaxie 5000 for a long time now, I haven't seen one in forever, I think it is a lot rarer than a R6 I find all the Pac-Mans and Qix a lot more often than this and I don't see it on Ebay much either, does anyone else agree or is it just me?
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

R6 seems about right to me. i've found three of them so far and about the same number of qix and pac-man.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by mumbai
    Wizard of Id Wiz Math (ColecoVision):

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=9309

The online guide lists this as an R5/$15 ... that seems hopelessly out of touch with reality. It shows up as a loose cartridge perhaps four or so times a year on eBay, and for as long as I can remember has always fetched at least two to three times the listed $ value at auction.

Does someone have an ungodly stock of these, because I've just never seen it in the quantities one would expect of an R5 -- not to mention that for the last couple years I've had far more requests for it in trade than I've ever been able to find myself.
    Yeah, that game definitely needs a bump up.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=35928

The Game Gear carrying case. Maybe there was a typo or something, is it really an R10? I highly doubt it. >_>
    Looks like the rarity and dollar values are reversed. I'll fix that, thanks!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    I've been looking for a U/C NTSC Saturn Powerslave (listed Guide Rarity 3, value $8) for the last couple of weeks, but I'm not finding it. Not at local stores (but then, I haven't seen a Saturn game in the wild in Cleveland in a couple years). Not for less than $20 online (and that being the only listing I saw), and not on ebay at all.

Am I crap at online searching? Did I just start looking for it during a dry spell? Or should U/C NTSC Saturn Powerslave get a rarity bump to 4?
    A 4 seems fair, and a slight uppage in price as well, though I do see Powerslave in trade boxes occasionally.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe a new rumormill entry for Zombie Revenge for Playstation 2 can be added. A conversion of this Dreamcast-game was mentioned in the Acclaim Playstation 2 Un Nouveau Monde Catalog, which I got with my Virtua Cop: Elite Edition. I don't know if it was mentioned in UK versions of Acclaim-catalogs, but is at least in the version for France and the Benelux.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=25683

Is this entry only for the very first console revision? Otherwise it should be R1 :)
    Wii: 8285 8147 1575 6278

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is a mistake made with Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the Saturn PAL-format. The game was not released by Acclaim, it was released by GT Interactive.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another minor note. King of the Zoo for Game BOY was also released in a UK version at least and is not Germany only, but a European release.

Also I would like to mention a Megadrive title variation as Rolo to the Rescue was orginally intended to be called Furry Friends, it is even listed under this name in the EA Megadrive catalog for 92-93. So maybe that can also be added.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sharp
    Also I would like to mention a Megadrive title variation as Rolo to the Rescue was orginally intended to be called Furry Friends, it is even listed under this name in the EA Megadrive catalog for 92-93. So maybe that can also be added.
    Yeah, why not? I'll add a comment to the description field. Cheers!

Strawberry (Level 2) heyricochet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was doing a random search on some n64 sports games I got for free cause a guy didn't want them and a store wouldn't accept them for trade and all the n64 fifas, and All Star tennis 99 are priced at 15 dollars or higher, I would think this is a little excessive for n64 sports titles, even if they are a 4 on rarity.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heyricochet
    I was doing a random search on some n64 sports games I got for free cause a guy didn't want them and a store wouldn't accept them for trade and all the n64 fifas, and All Star tennis 99 are priced at 15 dollars or higher, I would think this is a little excessive for n64 sports titles, even if they are a 4 on rarity.
    N64 prices are based on complete games, not cart only. If you check places like eBay, US versions of FIFA 64 cart only sold recently for $8 and FIFA 98 cart only for $10 (Buy it Now). All Star Tennis 99 has only one US cart recently sold for cheap (under $2) but it doesn't turn up often.

-Mike