Thread: If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HERE

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

There are some incorrect information about brazilian sms games on rarity guide

Just an example, sonic blast and street fighter, 25 dollars for each in complete condition, looks "odd"

I sold since may around 5 or 6 complete copies of each on ebay and all auctions finished under 100/120 dollars. The boxed only sold very well too, much higher than 25 dollars

Looks very incorrect for me, I never sold one for 25 dollars on ebay

Another example is fire'n ice, looks cheap and common on rarity guide but my auctions and my experience says different, this cart is very hard to find in Brazil and always (when I have it) finish under 100 dollars or more on my auctions. Guide says that mickey ultimate challenge is the most hard to find, it's wrong, fire'n ice and ultimate challenge are the most hard to find here and there is another title, power strike 2, that is much more rarer and almost impossible to find in complete condition here and very hard in boxed/loose conditions

Mickey ultimate challenge is so cheap on guide too, easily ends more than 100 dollars on my auctions when, rarely, I have it

I can list more but this is the most important

XBL: ArthurOtaku
    PSN: Arthur-Otaku

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fido Dido doesn't have a manufacturer listed. The game is made by Kaneko

Fido Dido Ebay auction
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

I probably said this 2 years ago but Tiny Tonns:Wild and Wacky Sports Challenge for SNES is not very common and only has a rarity of 2, I haven't seen a US one on ebay for almost 3 years. It's a great game to play with friends and family as well. I think the rarity should be at least a 5.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

Ecitebike for the 2? In 3 or so years of game collecting Iv'e only seen one copy of the game, and I own it. It might not be super rare, but 2? seems like more of a 4 to me...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Quote Originally Posted by nintendoeats View Post
    Ecitebike for the 2? In 3 or so years of game collecting Iv'e only seen one copy of the game, and I own it. It might not be super rare, but 2? seems like more of a 4 to me...
    Could very well have to do with your location. I see this game a lot in my travels.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Monkeyfracker

must be. ok then.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by nintendoeats View Post
    Wow. Would anyone in your area be interested in four dozen or so of them?

Great game but extremely common.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I feel there's something off with the Genesis games, specifically with the Blockbuster World Video Game Championships II. The Genesis is my favourite system so this has kind of been bugging me for awhile. I'm really hoping it'll be changed so the information will be more accurate.

The title is missing the "s" at the end of "Championship", the label shows it's "Championships".

Also the rarity is listed at 9, but there's less than ten copies confirmed to exist so it should be a 10. The Nintendo World Championships 1990 is more common but it's listed at 10, so the Blockbuster cart should be too. At least for now, until more copies are discovered.

The value is also way off, it's listed at $100 but it should be set at the guide's maximum as copies sell for over $2000. That's more than double the guides maximum.

I'll post a couple of references;
    http://www.gamesniped.com/2007/11/08...e-video-games/
    http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sega/...ive-games.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

just curious,... will the original xbox ever make it into the guide... just curious since its essentially a retired system... however i know its nowhere near classic so... anyway maybe in 10 years or so...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ncman071 View Post
    just curious,... will the original xbox ever make it into the guide... just curious since its essentially a retired system... however i know its nowhere near classic so... anyway maybe in 10 years or so...
    No it will not because it will not age well as a system, and the game cube and PS2 are way better. I have no facts to support this other than I never owned the system, and I have an unnatural love for Nintendo and JRPG's.

Seriously though, the XBOX has a very very large library and probably will take a long time to catalog. I believe s1lence is currently working on it- maybe by himself. But be patient, as it's a work in progress.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-Otaku
    There are some incorrect information about brazilian sms games on rarity guide

Just an example, sonic blast and street fighter, 25 dollars for each in complete condition, looks "odd"

I sold since may around 5 or 6 complete copies of each on ebay and all auctions finished under 100/120 dollars. The boxed only sold very well too, much higher than 25 dollars

Looks very incorrect for me, I never sold one for 25 dollars on ebay

Another example is fire'n ice, looks cheap and common on rarity guide but my auctions and my experience says different, this cart is very hard to find in Brazil and always (when I have it) finish under 100 dollars or more on my auctions. Guide says that mickey ultimate challenge is the most hard to find, it's wrong, fire'n ice and ultimate challenge are the most hard to find here and there is another title, power strike 2, that is much more rarer and almost impossible to find in complete condition here and very hard in boxed/loose conditions

Mickey ultimate challenge is so cheap on guide too, easily ends more than 100 dollars on my auctions when, rarely, I have it

I can list more but this is the most important
    The Non US SMS section hasn't been updated in eons, it needs work and most games are underpriced and need to be changed. They need to go up but not to Ebay highs. I agree that some are quite expensive though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is is possible that the rarity and price of E.V.O. (SNES) are a bit off at R4 / 35$ ? The loose copies available on eBay are around 100$, and there are less copies available than, for example, Dracula X, which is an R5 / 50$ ... Dracula X seems regularly a good 20$ less than E.V.O. on eBay. And I must say that in 5 years of searching this game, I only saw it twice (outside of eBay) : a loose copy at 50$ and the complete copy I got in 2004. I really have the feeling it's at least as rare as Dracula X.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phénix View Post
    Is is possible that the rarity and price of E.V.O. (SNES) are a bit off at R4 / 35$ ? The loose copies available on eBay are around 100$, and there are less copies available than, for example, Dracula X, which is an R5 / 50$ ... Dracula X seems regularly a good 20$ less than E.V.O. on eBay. And I must say that in 5 years of searching this game, I only saw it twice (outside of eBay) : a loose copy at 50$ and the complete copy I got in 2004. I really have the feeling it's at least as rare as Dracula X.
    I completely agree with this EVO price and rarity difference. The game consistently sells for $55-60 on ebay. At VGPC we have records of more than 15 EVO sales on ebay this year. Not a single one sold for less than $40 and the average was $56.
    Owner of PriceCharting.com and JJGames.com.
    Video Game Price guides for every game for every system from NES to Xbox 360.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com:8080/DP/cm...f?gameid=24141

is this right i looked on ebay and it sold for 30 to 40 bucks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mr Do!'s Castle hasn't been that expensive in a while and yes it needs to be updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Time to point out the Splatterhouses on Genesis. The DB is low since these have gone up in price. Part 2 should be listed at roughly $30-35 and part 3 should be $20-25.

I would also like to mention that the Genesis port of Syndicate seems a whole lot rarer than a R4, I'd list it at a 5-6.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker for Genesis value seems a little off to me. I see that cart only of that game go for $20, and complete copies go for $30, yet the game is only valued at $8? It should be more around the $15-20 price range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try to sell the cart for that price elsewhere than ebay and see how much you get.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ebay is such a double edged sword. On one hand, yes, you have a decent gauge of what something is worth so you aren't walking in completely blind. But on the other hand, that value is based on the demand that exists in most of the civilized world. The demand on Ebay is not going to carry over to anywhere else for most things. Ebay generally gives you a high ball price which while certainly useful in its own right, is not always realistic.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 05-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    Ebay is such a double edged sword. On one hand, yes, you have a decent gauge of what something is worth so you aren't walking in completely blind. But on the other hand, that value is based on the demand that exists in most of the civilized world. The demand on Ebay is not going to carry over to anywhere else for most things. Ebay generally gives you a high ball price which while certainly useful in its own right, is not always realistic.
    This is a very good point. Stuff like Sega-CD and 32x consoles that once went for really cheaply now go for outrageous prices sometimes due to the eBay demand.