Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HERE

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was browsing throughthe PS1 section and some of the rarities seem off...meaning they are over 10! lots of 18s and some 20s, I don't think this is intentional?

Story Lane Theater 1 Lightspan 20
    Story Lane Theater 2 Lightspan 20
    Story Lane Theater 3 Lightspan 20
    Story Lane Theater 4 Lightspan 20
    Story Lane Theater 5 Lightspan 20
    16 Tales Lightspan 18
    16 Tales 3 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 1 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 10 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 2 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 3 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 4 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 5 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 6 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 6 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 7 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 8 Lightspan 18
    Write Away 9 Lightspan 18

and others too, i don't know anything about them but I was pretty sure the guide just went 0-10

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

DDR Disney mix looks really off with a rarity of 3 and a price of $15 complete. That game used to go for $70 complete, and although the value may have dropped a little, I'm pretty sure the plug n play version didn't decrease value.

DDR Mario Mix doesn't even have a value, and that's another expensive iteration of the series.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jjgames View Post
    I completely agree with this EVO price and rarity difference. The game consistently sells for $55-60 on ebay. At VGPC we have records of more than 15 EVO sales on ebay this year. Not a single one sold for less than $40 and the average was $56.
    I agree with both of you. Even though im looking to sell most my games, EVO is one that I intend to buy. Ive been tracking it for the last 3 months on ebay and the cartridges that surface are usually the same ones except this time being flipped by a reseller. I have seen only 1 complete copy during this time. By complete I mean it has to have the maps and filler inserts included.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone give me a price estimation for Final Fantasy X in PAL version ? still sealed, can't find it anywhere on the net

Thanks

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Outback Joey is listed as a Prototype/One-of-a-kind game, when it was actually a retail release.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we add the newly found Colecovision Fireman Prototype to the database now?

And can we finally get Gamma Attack listed for the Atari 2600 in the US games section?
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

i think the agetec arcade stick for dreamcast is underpriced in the guide, and im not just saying that because i found one.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

somethign i got awhile ago and noticed it's a 6 but only worth $20 in the guide

Bronkie the Bronchiasaurus for SNES

from what I know it was a very rare game that had a limited release. Taught kids that smoking was bad etc. The ones i've seen on ebay go for about $50+ loose, never seen a complete one.

mike

..."The One And Only"

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i sold a factory sealed one for $70 recently (bronchie)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Lostdwarf

just did a look on ebay and the cheapest is $69.95 loose, although there is a sealed one up there too

..."The One And Only"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zeno2112

Hi guys. First time posting in this forum. I notice our online price guide does not have an entry for an Atari 2600 game made by Panda called "Space Canyon". AA has its rarity at a 6 according to their scale. All the released Panda games on DP are listed as R7. The truth is somewhere in between I guess. I got incredibly lucky today and scored one of these off CL, and I think I'll record it as R7 until I hear otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No way in hell is Up N' Down or Super Zaxxon for the C64 a 4; they've gotta be a 6-7 at least. I've been collecting C64 for as long as the computer has been released, and I've seen *ONE* Up N' Down cart the entire time I've been collecting, (the one I own) and never seen a Super Zaxxon.

I just want to reopen for discussion the ranking for these items.
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I noticed the Japanese game ZXE-D: Legend of Plasmalite for PlayStation is missing from the list. I'm not sure of the rarity as I haven't ever checked Japanese auctions, but I do know it took me over six months to find a single listing for the complete game via eBay (it comes with four model robots that can hook up to the game via the memory card slot). I found one thread that claims that less than 10,000 copies were produced, though I can't verify that number. The game alone is on eBay right now, but the value would be in the complete set. It's at least a rarity of 6, I'd wager, and possibly as much as an 8.

I'm sure everyone around here knows of Magical Chase (I did a google search for it with this site targeted and got hundreds of results), but, uh, why the price of $275 for a complete copy? That's low for even just the Hucard.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crux View Post
    I noticed the Japanese game ZXE-D: Legend of Plasmalite for PlayStation is missing from the list. I'm not sure of the rarity as I haven't ever checked Japanese auctions, but I do know it took me over six months to find a single listing for the complete game via eBay (it comes with four model robots that can hook up to the game via the memory card slot). I found one thread that claims that less than 10,000 copies were produced, though I can't verify that number. The game alone is on eBay right now, but the value would be in the complete set. It's at least a rarity of 6, I'd wager, and possibly as much as an 8.

I'm sure everyone around here knows of Magical Chase (I did a google search for it with this site targeted and got hundreds of results), but, uh, why the price of $275 for a complete copy? That's low for even just the Hucard.
    I don't think ZXE-D is terribly rare or valuable. All the major importers took orders for it here in the States and I have seen it pretty regularly on Yahoo.JP auctions for about what it sold for new. Using Ebay as your only rarity guide for Japanese stuff is foolish.

As for Magical Chase, I have to agree with you. Complete copies are regularly going for double that amount and sometimes 3-4 times that much.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I figured there was the possibility of ZXE-D being more common than it seemed, as I've yet to figure out how to find things reliably on Yahoo Japan (it took me ages to find Minimoni Tambourine for PS, despite the fact that it was being sold on Amazon Japan), although it's an early PlayStation release and a niche release at that (four configurable model robots). I can't imagine a title like that would be terribly common (sometimes a reasonable price for a seemingly rare title is just an indication of low demand, like some of the SuperGrafx games), but again I haven't verified it myself.

I'm also new around here, so what do I know?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Earthbound on snes is way off, i see it going for 70-80 commonly, not the 55 the list says.
    Last edited by wingzrow; 01-17-2010 at 05:58 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey,
    i also think that either the SNES COmp. carts should be raised to R10 (how many actually exist??) or the NWC lowered to R9, i have the feeling those should be in the same category, but maybe i haven't got a clue about US rarity.

Thanks.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Only16bits's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi! How much does a Space Channel 5 Part 2 PS2 PAL game cost?
    Good Sellers:
    http://stores.shop.ebay.es/El-Desvan-De-Laura
    http://stores.shop.ebay.es/Videojuegoshoracio
    Bad Sellers No one yet... Positive 47 - Negative 0

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Japanese Virtual Boy games

Hi Joe and everyone,

I go to Tokyo at least once a year and have noticed recently that the Japanese Virtual Boy prices and rarities are off in a variety of ways. Since the DP Guide is my go-to resource for this stuff, I'd like to help fix this up.

Japanese Virtual Boy games fall into roughly three categories.

Common: These sell for anywhere from $10 to maybe $25. Many stores still have brand new copies of them just sitting around! Galactic Pinball, Mario Clash, Jack Bros., Mario's Tennis, Red Alarm, T&E Virtual Golf, Teleroboxer, Tobidase! Panibon, V-Tetris, Vertical Force, Virtual Fishing, and Virtual Pro Yakyu. Of these, Mario Clash and Jack Bros. are the least common, but again -- brand new stock, still available, roughly $20 each.

Uncommon: These are slightly harder to find, but they're still readily available in a few specialty stores for between $40-80. Again -- you can sometimes still find new ones. Insmouse no Yakata, Space Squash, and Wario Land. Of these, Wario Land is hardest to find, believe it or not.

Incredibly Rare: These are the only games that cost over $100, and most of them cost even more than that. It's possible to find them, of course (it's possible to find anything there any day of the week) but they are some of the most expensive games in the country. SD Gundam Generation War, Space Invaders Collection, Virtual Bowling, Virtual Lab. Of these, Space Invaders Collection is the cheapest at around $200; the rest will run you $400-plus.

Import games are a bit tricky because of course they're a little harder to acquire outside Japan, and I know the DP Guide tends to take that into account. If we were living in Japan, I'd bump the common ones down a few points, but here are the ratings I'd recommend.

Virtual Golf, V-Tetris, Virtual Yakyu: 3
    Galactic Pinball, Red Alarm, Mario's Tennis, Vertical Force, Panibon, Teleroboxer: 4
    Virtual Fishing, Mario Clash, Jack Bros.: 5
    Insmouse, Space Squash: 6
    Wario Land: 7
    Space Invaders Collection: 8
    Virtual Bowling, Virtual Lab, SD Gundam: 9

Let me know if you have any questions; I hope this helps!
    Chris Kohler

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/listing.cmf

The Resident Evil Bonus Disc is not listed. It is uncommon. I'm not talking about the Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc. The 1080 avalanche Bonus disc isn't listed as well as the Pac-Man Vs. Bonus Disc with Pac-Man World also.
    Last edited by nensondubois; 01-08-2010 at 08:27 PM.