Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HERE

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sharp
    Another minor note. King of the Zoo for Game BOY was also released in a UK version at least and is not Germany only, but a European release.
    I'll change that once I get the data files back (sometime next week most likely). A number of the games listed with specific countries were mostly likely resleased in other parts of Europe and will be changed over time. Does the UK cart have the -UKV suffix on the part number?

-Mike

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is a mistake made with Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the Saturn PAL-format. The game was not released by Acclaim, it was released by GT Interactive.
    This'll be corrected once the Saturn Excel file is reformatted - Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturius
    There is a mistake made with Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the Saturn PAL-format. The game was not released by Acclaim, it was released by GT Interactive.
    This'll be corrected once the Saturn Excel file is reformatted - Thanks for pointing it out.
    you should check this, i know GT Interactive DISTRIBUTED a lot of Midway games, but often enough they did not publish them!!
    -Jan

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gain Ground. Made by Renovation. Sega Genesis. Currently an R4.

Now that is said. Many of you here on the boards know I have been searching for this title complete for over a year. Recently, a sealed one turned up on Ebay in Europe and sold for $75. The MegaDrive version turns up frequently, but the US version is becoming really tough to find. I propose that this title needs to go up in rarity, and if others agree, value. I definitely think that trying to find a complete one for more than a year on Ebay at a reasonable price calls for me to request this. Please post your thoughts. Oh and if anyone DOES have a complete copy of this in good condition, PM me immediately.
    (However, I am not looking to pay out my ass.)

-Chris
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I already mentioned this in one of the NWC topics, but if there are at least 119 copies known to have escaped Nintendo's hands, then how can it realistically be rated R10 ("one-of-a-kind, or certainly no more than a dozen")?

Also, wouldn't the Outback Joey cart be more accurate at R9 instead of R10? Or are there honestly less than a dozen thought to exist?

And while I'm busy debunking R10's, isn't the Dina 2-in-1 also similarly over-rated?

I understand how this could be controversial, especially with the NWC cart being viewed as the "ultimate grail" by many here at DP, but that's more due to the sheer number of NES collectors than anything else. After all, it does appear on eBay a couple of times every year.
    We really should be internally consistent with the rarity scale as stated in the database FAQ rather than make exceptions on a whim if we can really hope to be the definitive guide.

Thoughts? Anyone agree/disagree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

agreed
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    I already mentioned this in one of the NWC topics, but if there are at least 119 copies known to have escaped Nintendo's hands, then how can it realistically be rated R10 ("one-of-a-kind, or certainly no more than a dozen")?

I understand how this could be controversial, especially with the NWC cart being viewed as the "ultimate grail" by many here at DP, but that's more due to the sheer number of NES collectors than anything else. After all, it does appear on eBay a couple of times every year.
    We really should be internally consistent with the rarity scale as stated in the database FAQ rather than make exceptions on a whim if we can really hope to be the definitive guide.

Thoughts? Anyone agree/disagree?
    I fully agree with you here. Even the Myriad 6-in-1 pops up on eBay as much or even less than the grey NWC 1990 does, and it's rated as a R9.

-Speedy
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

The Power Glove price range should be around 45 - 60 bucks. They sell for that price on ebay.

UN Squadron's price needs to be around 10 - 12 bucks.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about the R10 issue, I'd personally like to see it stay around the 100-150 count range. There is a lot of games that are a R10 that are known to have around a 100 copies known to exist and they never turn up at all. Myriads never turn up because they just aren't as popular as NWCs. That games turns up so often because people know what they are worth and they are a cash cow right now. Tengen Tetris, Dragon Warrior 4, Alien Invasion and a list of others are quite rare but pop up on ebay quite often because of hype. One of the rules is that we don't rate things off of Ebay standards and any of the above mentioned games are only known to have turned up once or twice off of Ebay. NWC being the prime example, Bounty Bob Strikes back is another.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That'd be fine if the Rarity FAQ stated as much - instead it clearly says "no more than a dozen".
    One or the other needs to be changed - it undermines everything else if we're blatantlly disregarding the stated guidelines. Personally, I'd rather see R10 remain as being the games there are genuinely only a handful of, but all I'm really asking for is consistency.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

VCS Stargate and Defender II are both rated 2. Defender II is much harder to find than Stargate. I don't think either is a 2...I'd say Stargate is a 3 and Defender II is a 4 or 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

as stated on the main board, Rodland should be rare at least as Stadium Events (I don't remember seeing a rodland on ebay the last 1/2 years)

...and, as you should have seen, Sonic Extreme for saturn should go in the prototype list, not rumor mill (a proto has been sold recently).
    search engine @

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Default CRASH 'N THE BOYS STREET CHALLENGE

CRASH 'N THE BOYS STREET CHALLENGE

The game is clearly going for more than what the database states.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned/fixed already, but in the DP Advance guide, Sword of the Berzerk (Dreamcast) is listed as worth $3. In actuality, it is worth around $20.

Also, Zaxxon's Motherbase 2000 is listed as worth $20, but is really worth around $5 - $8.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Motor City Patrol for the NES should be higher than an R4. This is based on personal experience as well as eBay. There are currently only 3 copies of this game on eBay, and if you check completed auctions there are also only 3 completed auctions with this game. I think it should be pushed up to at least a R5 if not higher.

-Speedy
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Metal Warriors seems a little off the fact that im about to sell it on ebay for 50 dollars and it says its worth 20 and only 3 rare i tihnk maybe it is atleast a 4 and atleast 35 bucks

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

is red clash for arcadia THAT rare?

i was searching for this game because its an 8 in the rarity guide, but it seems every third arcadia auction on ebay has a boxed copy. might be something worth reevaluating....

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i was searching for this game because its an 8 in the rarity guide, but it seems every third arcadia auction on ebay has a boxed copy. might be something worth reevaluating....
    Agreed, That game is becoming more common, it shouldn't be less than a R7 though, they are pretty tough to find off of Ebay though, I think Spiders should be a R8 though.

On another note X Man and Malagai are listed as R10, but they seem to pop up more often though, maybe they should go down to R9, Karate by Ultravision should be a R10 because that never pops up anywhere at all even Ebay, Coke Wins should be listed much higher in value than $500 though.

Bomb Releases seemed to have gotten insanely rare, and should be raised, value seems to have fallen though as they seem to have no attention paid to them though.

Condor Attack maybe could be a R9, I may be wrong, someone correct me if I am but this turns up pretty infrequently.

Vectrex Mr. Boston should go in the US game releases because it was released afterall and there at least a small handfull that are accounted for. This needs a section switch

Snes

Powerfest 94 should be listed in the database even is NOA owns all of the copies, it does exist afterall and MACS is listed even though it wasn't available to the public, it should go into the non us releases as a R10/$0

NES

Canadian Campus Competition (or whatever it is called) and the lottery modem cart need to be listed in the database because they too exist afterall, just not to the public., same with the Powerfest as for rarity.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Also I would like to mention a Megadrive title variation as Rolo to the Rescue was orginally intended to be called Furry Friends, it is even listed under this name in the EA Megadrive catalog for 92-93. So maybe that can also be added.
    Yeah, why not? I'll add a comment to the description field. Cheers!
    lol, yeah, i'm late, just saw this now, always remember you can also add that wip-title as an AKA
    -Jan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy

Agreed, That game is becoming more common, it shouldn't be less than a R7 though, they are pretty tough to find off of Ebay though, I think Spiders should be a R8 though.
    I agree with Red Clash beeing R7 and Spiders beeing R8. I'm monitoring US-Arcadia auctions on ebay for about a year now. There have been 323 games in several auctions in 2005. Red Clash appeared so far 4 times in 2005. This is the complete list (The first number shows how often the game was in an ebay auction, the second is the rarity from the guide. The numbers in the square brackets mean: First number is the average price, second number is the number of single item auctions counted for the price):

3d Bowling 12 R3
    Alien Invaders 13 R2
    Americain Football 16 R2 [5,52 / 2]
    Baseball 23 R2
    Brain Quiz 8 R2
    Breakaway 11 R2
    Capture 11 R2 [5,52 / 2]
    Cat Trax 37 R2 [4,66 / 3]
    Escape 31 R2 [6,50 / 2]
    Grand Slam Tennis 3 R6
    Jungler 19 R2
    Missile War 9 R5 [7,38 / 2]
    Ocean Battle 6 R5
    Red Clash 4 R8
    Soccer 8 R2
    Space Attack 30 R2 [5,50 / 2]
    Space Mission 4 R3
    Space Raiders 35 R2 [5,25 / 4]
    Space Vultures 9 R5
    Spiders / R6
    Star Chess 6 R5 [24,28 / 2]
    Tanks a lot 27 R2 [6,50 / 2]
    Console 41 / [32,31 / 7]

My plan was to wait until the end of 2005 and overwork the rarities than. Of course I'll need your help as I have not too much experience in US-Arcadia games. For example I have no idea how easy it is to find US-Arcadia games in the wild. If someone is interested in the complete list, feel free to pm me.