Thread: If prices or rarities seem "off", POST THEM HERE

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Madden 2005 for the XBOX is not worth $17 by a long shot. Also, only the PS2 version came in Limited Edition variety, not the XBOX. Finally, add Madden 06 to the list!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Time to Tweak ol' Mr. Boston

Hi Folks,

In reading the Raritiy Guide definitions, plus the Mr. Boston details. http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=1488, I think it might be time to tweak the entry a bit.

First off the game was prodece by GCE. The box says soe and I think the authors even commented on it.

Second: The game is not really a prototype. The package is complete. The manual is there, the game label is there. The box is there. The game itself is modifed and completed. Even the overlay is there and customerized. All with a Mr. Boston logo and character.

I would say that this title variation for Vectrex Clean Sweep is better classed as a short marketing specific production run. The same as any other marking production run such as the themed Sega Game Gear system and game.

Mr. Boston had a definite bent to market a specific product in Mr. Boston Liquors. But the Vectrex Mr. Boston package is far from being a prototype.
    - v

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PTO 2: Pacific Theater of Operations

Rarity maybe fine, however $25 for a loose. I couldn't sell mine for $20 with everything except the manual or trade it. I was about to list it on ebay, but I think Rhino will give me like $20-25 for it so I changed my mind. Also, Ebay's average sold price was $8.00

How is it dropped or just no one cares about the game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't check to see if this has been discussed yet, so I apoligize if it has. Flashback for Sega CD should not have a value of $45. I have never seen it sell for more than half that. Just a suggestion to lower it to $20 or so.

Trade List: http://gametz.com/user/Atarian75.html
    Last Game Finished: Earth Defense Force 2017 on Normal. 5/27/2009

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nevermind the above post. I noticed in the online rarity guide it is $15. Sorry.

Trade List: http://gametz.com/user/Atarian75.html
    Last Game Finished: Earth Defense Force 2017 on Normal. 5/27/2009

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

VIC-20 Frogman should be a 10. Only 2 ever seen as far as I know.

Was a rumor until 2005.

Why a 9? I see other platform's 9s on ebay many times each year.

Maybe I'm wrong, does anyone own one out there??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Virtua Cop 2 for the Saturn listed as an R4 and $35? Rarity could be more so an R2/3 and it's value is quite a bit less than $35, maybe more to the end of $8 complete.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332

Was a rumor until 2005.

Maybe I'm wrong, does anyone own one out there??
    10 is reserved for prototypes only in the DP scale of things. That's why it's a 9. It's the highest it can go. I'd love to give it a 10 for the fact that yes, there's only 2 known out there, but it's not how the DP rating system operates.

And as you asked, I own one of them

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

10 is reserved for prototypes only in the DP scale of things. That's why it's a 9. It's the highest it can go. I'd love to give it a 10 for the fact that yes, there's only 2 known out there, but it's not how the DP rating system operates.

And as you asked, I own one of them
    There are plenty of games that are 10s in the db, it could stand to be changed.

I have some things that need to be considered

The American CD32 is a lot rarer than a R4, they almost never pop up on Ebay in NTSC and are almost unknown in america I'd say a 7 to 8.

The Memorex VIS is only worth maybe $30-35, I can't seem to give them away with games included, they are probably around a 7-8 in rarity.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    There are plenty of games that are 10s in the db, it could stand to be changed.
    Actually you're right there (hello Video Life and Eli's Ladder). Guess I've always worked with 10=proto in my head for some reason. With that in mind, I may reclassify a few entries (and yes, hello Frogman).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was a rumor until 2005.

Not saying Frogman shouldn't be a 10, but I don't think it's fair to compare between systems. Rare VIC-20 games are going to show up on eBay much less often than rare Atari 2600 games, for example, because the 2600 is a much more well-known and well-documented system. Also, I bet many of the 2600 9s and 10s that show up on eBay are the same ones being swapped around.

Quote Originally Posted by vintagegamecrazy
    I have some things that need to be considered

The American CD32 is a lot rarer than a R4, they almost never pop up on Ebay in NTSC and are almost unknown in america I'd say a 7 to 8.
    I should probably answer this one, since I came up with that rarity. The simple answer is that there is a lot of NOS (new old stock) sitting around. Unknown does not equal rare.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quote Originally Posted by Keir
    Not saying Frogman shouldn't be a 10, but I don't think it's fair to compare between systems. Rare VIC-20 games are going to show up on eBay much less often than rare Atari 2600 games, for example, because the 2600 is a much more well-known and well-documented system. Also, I bet many of the 2600 9s and 10s that show up on eBay are the same ones being swapped around.
    Actually that is how the rarity system has been clarified by Joe to work now... cross-system comparison. So a rarity 9 on the 2600 is as hard to find as a rarity 9 on any other system, be it Coleco, Vic20 or NES. It is no longer only comparitive within the system itself. That, though, is a bit harder to judge admitedly.

Given how hard Eli's Ladder and Video Life are to find for example, I can't see why Frogman and a few others under my juristication can't be bumped up to 10 rating.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    Quote Originally Posted by Keir
    Actually that is how the rarity system has been clarified by Joe to work now... cross-system comparison. So a rarity 9 on the 2600 is as hard to find as a rarity 9 on any other system, be it Coleco, Vic20 or NES. It is no longer only comparitive within the system itself. That, though, is a bit harder to judge admitedly.
    Right, I understand that. What I was trying to say is that a rare VIC-20 game is much more likely to go unnoticed because fewer people know or care about them. So if your average collector comes across an Eli's Ladder they're going to brag about it and probably sell it on eBay for a fortune, whereas if they come across a Frogman they won't even realize what they've got and just put it away and forget about it. Whatever, just make Frogman a 10 and be done with it.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

:P

Actually I'll agree in part there. But the rarity is always fluid and I always change it as need be as I see things go. For example, Jelly Monsters was listed as a 8 by Ward, but because it's rather readily available on eBay now (curiously enough, almost only here in the UK) it's been bumped down to a 5 now, I think, by myself. Ditto Star Battle.

A few items on the Vic20 list I've never seen in my life, and rely on the fact they exist from Ward's sterling work. That's the sort of thing that'll get upgraded.

If more of an item come out of the woodwork over time, then naturally the rarity might get bumped down accordingly.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Frogman

All I know about it is I collect VIC 20 carts, and check Ebay and other sources very regularly and I have only ever seen one frogman within the last year or so. While on other platforms I have seen several carts that are 10s appear several times. I also collect 2600 carts so I'm checking for those too and I see alot more rare 2600 carts (same one several times).

Also with frogman, try doing a google search and see where thats gets you. Good luck.. not very far.

Thanks allot..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Frogman

I have seen several carts that are 10s appear several times.
    A correction: 9s on ebay.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a Pippin game, and in the guide is incorrectly entered as "Gundam Mobility Fleet 0079," without the "Tactics."

Also, speaking of Pippin, I am having an increadibly difficult time confirming that "Pegasus Prime" was actually released for the console. There are a lot of articles that I can find talking about a 1997 release, but the system was killed off before then. There are also a lot of "The Journeyman Project" sites that reference a Pippin version, but they seem to be citing marketing material only.

Because boxart does not exist for this game, I think that "Pegasus Prime" belongs in Rumor Mill.

Finally, "Gundam 0079: The War for Earth" is not in the guide. It seems to be a released title. If not a confirmed release, it definately needs to be in the Rumor Mill.

Both "Pegasus Prime" and "Gundam 0079: The War for Earth" are on the "titles" page of the official Presto Studios archive website:

http://presto.tommyyune.com/presto/titles.html

However, my belief is that both titles were likely cancelled before their 1997 releases and released only for other platforms.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unhappy

i dont know if this was mentioned before, but i cant find the game "The Ignition Factor" for the snes in the rarity guide

any help is appreciated!

thanks
    ~A Veteran of The Physic Wars

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by segamaster View Post
    i dont know if this was mentioned before, but i cant find the game "The Ignition Factor" for the snes in the rarity guide

any help is appreciated!

thanks

here ya go:

http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=14083

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh! thanks a lot. i guess i just had to drop off the "The" in the front

Thanks
    ~A Veteran of The Physic Wars