Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wario Ware -Touched...... what a waste.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Wario Ware -Touched...... what a waste.

Wow, what an absolute and utter total let down. I got this game along with my DS for birthday yesterday. Played it for about 2 hours. Um..... I'm done. I had to try one stage twice. I beat everyone else, and played all the extra games I unlocked.

Even the 2 hard mixes (gnarly and whatever the other one is) were WAY too easy. I played the one that is supposed to be hard and gives you one heart to do it in, I got like 45 the first time I tried it, failed on drawing kanji

Just a real letdown after the first wario ware game (haven't tried twisted yet) Even the "boss"es in this one were really pathetic compared to the first one. The only thing I can't seem to beat or do good at is air dude, I can never get him over 56. Doesn't seem like it's doing ANYTHING, but I tried doing nothing, and only got 18, so I must be doing SOMETHING.

Oh well. Hopefully xx/yx will be better :/
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had the same response. It does not grow on you either, I'm just chalking up all of the DS games released so far (that I own, which is all but Ping Pals and Robots) as $30 demos of what the DS can do. I havent been thrilled with any of the games thus far( with the exception of Sprung which imo is at least amusing) but have not lost hope for the future as some may have. Anyone think there has been a US release so far that you didn't think that the box art was cooler than the game?
    if you can read this congratulations!! you can read

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried one (dunno if there are more than one) of the Wario Ware games for GBA. I found it realy boring. Was fun for maybe 2 mins.
    But I see many like this game. I wonder why. It looks realy easy to beat and the re-play value doesnt look that high either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It IS super easy to beat. I unlocked everything I think I could. I even ended up talking to the parrot for 10 minutes trying to make it say combinations of words to a sentence

I guess I was looking for more unlockable games besides Pyoro, the rest all seem to be just toys like the harmonica. And what is exactly the deal with the "Kitchen Timer"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played it yet so I can't make a totally educated comment, but I'm not surprised one bit. It sounds like Wario Ware. The GBA game was the same exact way, and I still enjoyed playing it over and over again. The game is the "pick up and play" type that really at most you should only be speding 30 minutes with. Like I said though, I've only played the GBA one...it just seems like you should have known what you were getting.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I liked Wario Ware Touched, even though it is easy. However, I do agree that the extras were crappy compared to the first Wario Ware (for great extras, I recommend instead Super Mario 64 DS).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    I've only played the GBA one...it just seems like you should have known what you were getting.
    Actually no I think it's different. I'm a HUGE fan of the original GBA Wario Ware (I posted about it when I had the jap version a couple of months before the U.S. version even came out). But Wario Ware touched is just a little too... well.. simple. I think it has to do with the fact that they're trying to figure out ways to use the touchpad. And thus, the games just end up being really easy.

Here's one example.. the highest I've ever gotten on a Wario Ware game is around the 60 range. On one game in Wario Ware touched (the "Wave bye bye" stage) I got 160+!!!! I could've kept going forever too! But I stopped out of sheer ridiculousness.

Put it this way too.. one of the characters uses the speakers (i.e. to blow on the screen). You can pass 15+ stages with your eyes closed! LITERALLY. All you do is listen to the music, and when the stage starts.. start blowing! Granted tou will miss a few stages the goal is to inflate a guy 3 times, or not to blow at all... but for the most part, you will pass every single stage there by simply blowing. Yes, even with your eyes completely closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree, Touched is not as good as game as the original WarioWare, it is much lower in overall fun-factor. It is like they weren't necessarily expecting the success of the first one, and they had to come up with new, wacky, stuff, which just didn't have the magic or spontanaiety of the original. I think a mix of touch-screen and button activated games would have been a better idea.
    I hope "Twisted" doen't fall into this trap ----
    47 years young ---
    Favorite game genres: 2D games, classic/puzzle, golfing games. No longer collecting games...

My Feedback:
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81369

Strawberry (Level 2) Super Mario Fan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Touched did leave a lot to be desired, but It has something today's games don't. The abillity to just play for a little bit. It's a bitter-sweet situation.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is a cart full of mini games. It uses the tech very well, and is a fun mindless time. The first one wasn't hard, so I dont know why you think the second (or shortcoming third) would be. You guys piss and moan about 'let downs' and 'rip-offs' an awful lot, why dont you just apreciate the game for what it is, a nice way to show off the DS, and do it in a creative way. Unless you would rather have 30 EA sports games for the system...
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    It is a cart full of mini games. It uses the tech very well, and is a fun mindless time. The first one wasn't hard, so I dont know why you think the second (or shortcoming third) would be. You guys piss and moan about 'let downs' and 'rip-offs' an awful lot, why dont you just apreciate the game for what it is, a nice way to show off the DS, and do it in a creative way. Unless you would rather have 30 EA sports games for the system...
    Hey.. I BOUGHT it didn't I :P I agree with DaveD that they should've had more of a mix of button activated games along with the touch screen ones.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default So

Hmm

So are you guys saying this is a great game to leave in the bathroom for when you have a few spare minutes ?

I have been playing Rampage Puzzle Attack like this for 2 years ..

VJ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BurgerTrench

I think Touched problem is that of diminishing returns. It's hard to have lightning strike twice after the first was so refreshingly original.

Despite the fact it's all stylus/microphone driven, it rehashes too much of the original WarioWare.

Most gamers favorite levels are the NES nostalgia (9-Volt) levels. Unfortunately, Touched uses nearly the exact same games.

Where's Kid Icarus? Where's Pilotwings? Where's Gyromite?

And the bonus games are not nearly as creative as the first WarioWare. Pyoro T is fun and all, but Juggle Boy? The only game I found myself trying to high score on was Orbit Ball. The original had a full version of Doctor Mario (Wario) in it; Touched has nothing this cool.

But, it's still a lot of fun to play through. I did everything (including all of the individual level challenges) in about 15 hours worth of play time, so, if you're going for those challenges too, you'll get more milage out of it. BUT, it's so repetitive, you may not want to do the level goals.

In any case, it's recommended if you've played and enjoyed the first, but don't expect that proverbial lightning to strike again.
    "Be proud of what we make you do." - Master Shake, SGC2C - Baffler Meal
    Blog time!
    On Facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everyone has to remember that this is a pick and and play type game. Not some indepth 15 hour RPG or action game or something.

I was seriously thinking about picking up this game this week. I have been playing Yoshi Touch and Go ALOT, and have been wanting another game. Wario Ware came to mind. Don't know if I'll get it this week or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoMan
    Everyone has to remember that this is a pick and and play type game. Not some indepth 15 hour RPG or action game or something.
    So is the original Wario Ware. And that's actually the only thing I'm comparing it to.

I agree that lightning is hard to strike twice.. but I still feel that the original Wario Ware had elements that didn't quite make it into Touched. i.e. unlockable games rather than little demonstration 'toys'. And yes, even difficulty. Wario Ware it often wasn't clear exactly what you were supposed to do (Although I guess the english version kind of messed it up when they added text like "AVOID", or "JUMP" in the games :P) But maybe it's just the fact that minigames which utilize the stylus are just really easy which kind of brought this title down a notch from the original.. at least in my opinion.

Again, a little mix of the stylus with some regular controls instead of being just a pure tech demo of the DS's "new" functionality would've made it far better. Just my opinion of course though.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Then, you oughta love Wario Ware Twisted when it comes out in May... EGM reviewed it in the April issue and they say that the difficulty level is harder than in Touched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think its a fun game.i love the wario ware games.i have been playing it all the time at lunch and breaks at work.it is very easy,but its still lots of fun.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I could not bring myself to buy this game. I was going buts for a new DS game and I actually went to the store to get it once I had finally broken down and decided against my better judgement - Once I got to the store though, the line was way too long and I would have missed my prior engagement, so in turn, I did not get it.

Thank God!

I waited one week and got Yoshi Touch & Go instead, and it's awesome.

I refuse to even give Touched a chance when I have the original sitting on a flash cart ready to play. I just can't justify paying 30 bones for it, not when the first one was better and I was able to aquire it without the means of losing cash. With everything that's on the market right now, it's gotta be damn good if I'm going to slap my hard earned cash down on the counter. Resident Evil 4? totally worth the cash, Yoshi Touch & Go? totally worth the cash! Wipeout Pure is keeps calling my cash toward the PSP. Look on the shelf to the left and you have less than 2 hours of fun in the orange box with wario on it - then look on the shelf on the right and you the see the HOURS of awesome gameplay in a game like Wipeout Pure - that's worth the cash, not two hours of tapping. I'm not comparinght gameplay - but I think that some games are an obvious waste of cash - nintendo released only that game (touched) on the DS that month, b/c if there were ANY other games at all that came out in the same month (well, aside from ROBOTS) it would not have sold nearly as well as it did. They are selling a craptastic game and taking advantage of the lack of games and the thirst of DS owners. I won't waste my cash and I'm passionate about making it known.

No no, I'm not disgruntled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I loved Touched. Short or not, it's great to play for little 5 minute spurts at my buddy's place.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

First of all, I haven't played the first one (or is there 2) Warioware games, but I own Touched. Yes, it's easy, but nobody's giving it credit for something that I find really interesting about it: presentation. That's what this game is all about. I just got through Ashley's stage, and I thought the music on it was just incredible with all the voices, and they had the bored, deadpan goth-girl voice spot-on. A lot of the voice samples are really cool, actually, and give the game a definite style.

This game also seems to depend on rhythm a lot; there is a definite rhythm between the little "get ready" cinemas and the actual microgames. I think the timing in those is deliberate, and it's really well-cued to the music, making for an experience that's rather aesthetically pleasing.

Lastly, the use of the 2 screens during the movies is pretty cool, you've gotta admit. As other people are pointing out, it's a demo of what the DS can really do. And it's holding up to it's promise in this game, so don't discount that.

Anyway, these are some things that I think the game does really well, despite it's simplicity. These things are not normal vehicles that we use to discuss games (these have more to do with films, actually), but I've played few games lately that have these qualities. If they could keep these things intact and up the actual gameplay a notch, I think they'd have a real hit on their hands, maybe even a system-seller.