Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Official PSP Thread!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is Sony selling empty UMD cases online? (the game box, not the actual umd plastic 'shell') It would be nice to have a real case for Spiderman & the demo disk rather than the cardboard sleeve...

Nintendo sells empty DS cases at their store...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I said it before, Lumines OWNS MY SOUL!!!! It will own YOURS!
    The falling blocks in Lumines are only TWO colors, not four, but I do understand the point of the strip. :)

-- Z.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    Has anyone noticed thier speakers acting funky? I can't tell if it's my ears or not, but the speakers are sounding kinda funky (distorted/popped sounding) from time to time in the Wipeout Pure game mode selection menu...
    I had this problem w/ Wipeout this afternoon, only it was during a race. Just once, too. I wonder if it's a problem w/ the software?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Find great prices for 128, 256, and 512 Mem sticks here

http://dealram.com/prices/42/512MB.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vincewy
    Actually this thread isn't too bad, better than some threads at CAG that have 80+ pages during TRU or CC clearance.

For the record of foolishness, check out how many PSPs this guy bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8180996092

OMG, anyone with common sense would think twice about picking them all up, this guy must be bankrupt now, the only winner out of this ordeal is eBay, doesn't it (eBay) wish everyone to be this foolish?
    Or stole.

With sales taxes and ebay fees the guy is going to barely break even at wholesale prices. Iif you include his ridiculous shipping rate, he will be making a marginal profit not worth the effort.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    Is Sony selling empty UMD cases online? (the game box, not the actual umd plastic 'shell') It would be nice to have a real case for Spiderman & the demo disk rather than the cardboard sleeve...

Nintendo sells empty DS cases at their store...
    Probably not, you'd have to go through their parts department or a special third party retailler and I don't think just anyone can buy stuff from there. I once tried to order replacement PS2 cases because I wanted the memory card slot in them but they didn't sell them. Sony generally has lousy customer service when it comes to that sort of thing. To bad it's such a specialized case otherwise you could just use a third party one. Try bugging Sony, I'm sure if you ask the right questions you might find out where they sell them.
    Why don't you go play in the other room. Why don't you BURN IN HELL!! - Stewie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The video I watched for Lumines the other night (The 25 minute one that sealed my decision to buy the thing.) must have been an old version of the game, (maybe the Japanese one) because that long 5 second silence is nonexistant in the US version. Music changes almost right away in the current release. THE GAME KICKS ASS! Tetris for the new millennium.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I'm going to unsticky this now that the launch weekend has ended - feel free to continue discussions here or start new threads, but redundant threads will be re-directed as always.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let me be the first to say "Yay!" and well, now I don't know what thread to post.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Let me be the first to say "Yay!" and well, now I don't know what thread to post.
    You've just proven my point.

EVERYONE wants to talk about it when it first comes out. Now (hopefully) the discussions will revolve around specific PSP topics - just like every other system.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    I get the feeling you have to be very gentle with it. My real concerns forget the dead pixels is can it take the handheld beating? I found 2 dead pixels but I am going to keep it because I probably would not have notice it if people weren't obsessing and overblowing the issue. On the other side I think some people have valid concerns, if I have one dead now will I have twenty in 5 months? Will the issue ever be resolved I doubt it because with perfect quality comes a perfect price.
    What I've seen working with monitors is that if you get one with a dead pixel, in a few years you'll still have one with a dead pixel. Pixels do not suddenly spring to life (as Sony seems to state they do) or die easily. We have a laptop loaner program at work where students get a laptop with their tuition if they are in a certain program, so they don't exactly treat them nicely. When we get these laptops back four years later, about 90% come back with no dead pixels, and they are beat to hell. The 10% that come back with dead pixels I assume had them when we got them and no one said anything. So, in my opinion based on personal observations, as long as you're not throwing or dropping your PSP, you'll have two dead pixels in five months, and in five years.

Just a bit of an edit -- knowing this doesn't mean that I don't worry about my own monitors getting additional dead pixels in the future. As I've stated many times before, if I had two, personally I'd trade it in... but realistically, you probably don't have too much to worry about.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been broken

Went out this morning with the sole intent on finding a PSP. I decided to go to Deptford since there's a bunch of stores to choose from, just in case it was sold out.

First I went to Target at 9AM (they open at 8 ), because they are the first store open in the area. I get there and they have a whole shitload of PSPs (probably around 30). So I ask if they have a protection plan...they don't. So I had to sit in Target for an hour until the other stores opened. I decided to buy the game I knew I was getting, Lumines, and also picked up the Incredibles DVD and a CD.

So next I go across the street to Best Buy. Walk in as they are opening and head straight back to the game section. I see a sign for the PSP and look down...all gone. It seems like everytime I go to that store they never have what I want. :/

Sooooo...I decided to go to Circuit City (also close by). I walk in and see nothing but display boxes... ...but I ask the girl if they have any and they did She goes in the back and gets me a system and she also has a game with her...Twisted Metal. Apparently you had to buy the two to get the system...now as stated before, I was torn on whether to get this or Untold Legends, obviously I got TM...I guess it was better this way or I would have been in the store all day trying to decide. x_x

I also got the 2 year protection plan and opened the system up right there...didn't see any problems so I left. Spent most of the day playing the games and checking out the UMD videos. I noticed what appears to be 5 or so dead pixels (all black)...but they are so small. I never notice them when watching a video or playing a game so I don't really know what the fuss is all about...I guess it's the principle of the thing, but I'm not bringing mine back.

So...Lumines and Twisted Metal both rock. The screen is amazing and so is the video quality. I'm going to pick up Mercury next week. Overall I'm very happy with it...and I haven't even tried the other features yet.

Now obviously I don't have official sales number but I don't think the system did as well as they hoped. Deptford is a huge huge shopping area with tons of stores, and when something big hits, it's usually hard to find it or sold out everywhere here. Like I said, Target had about 30 systems, and the girl at CC said they had a ton in the back. I can only imagine Toys R Us having a ton too with the amount they usually get in. I guess the prices is a bigger factor than anticipated.

Oh and BTW...I love my PSP and DS equally

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Has anyone tried out the Infastructure mode on any of the games that support it? I have Twisted Metal and im having a lot of trouble with it.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923

I have been broken
    DP will break you, I swear, I didn't give two shits about the DS when it was released. Hell, I didn't even know WHEN it came out! I started reading the threads about it the day after release and within' an hour I was heading over to Circuit City to pick one up.

Now I love it, it was the system that got me back into handhelds.

The power of DP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I haven't got one yet, But i will get mine someday.. 2 Years from now is when i expect to get one..

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

got my psp today at ebgames, I preordered one but they said I wouldnt get one until the second shipment comes in. they said they would call me if anyone cancels. Well they called me thursday but i already went out of town to houston to see slipknot, that thing would have come in real handy for the trip there. I came home monday and went in to see if I could still get one, luckily they had one left. I got it and rode home. No dead pixels, everything works as it should. I have been tinkering around with it and I love this thing. I put a NIN video on there to see if it works, of course it almost took up the memory card, I put an mp3 on there to see how good it is, and set up my wireless infrastructure successfully without any problems. Although I do not have any games that is ok, spider man 2 is my source of entainment until I go back and buy a game this friday. My final thoughts: this is the greatest portable system ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm really eager to see how Sony's gonna handle the whole UMD movies thing. I still say they should be free with the DVD.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wat do you mean free with dvd ?
    I don't follow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Jasoco means that you should get the UMD version of a movie for free if you buy the DVD version. Which I think would be a great idea, because I can't see myself shelling out $20 to watch a movie on a handheld when, for the same price, I could get the same thing with more features for a bigger screen and surround sound.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldn't even pay $10, $5 would be a stretch. For one thing, the disc only holds enough for the movie, no special features or extras. Packing them in free with the movie would be the best way. Hell, I'd love a UMD version of Fifth Element.