Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by samuraiX
    Quote Originally Posted by buttasuperb
    Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Best Buy and Circuit City are basically saying "tough luck" to anyone with pixel problems.
    If I wind up with a bunch of dead pixels and they tell me that, all hell will break loose considering I paid the extra $40 for the replacement plan. I'll take a shit on their floor.
    like that would be abnormal for you? you shit everywhere you go...

:nate:

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to see other gamers enjoying the psp I picked up mine a couple months ago, but am excited to see how it does in the states. Btw, has anyone heard if tokyo highway battle psp is coming to the states?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats to all the lucky devils who landed one,
    I'd dearly like to get one, but I'd have to live on instant noodles for a month or so.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Man, I don't know why people are putting up with Sony for such high rate of dead pixels, I know it's cool product, but one out of 10 having dead pixels is not acceptable.

Other than major cities like NY, I don't think it's selling out like what some sites have claimed, couple stores in my area haven't even sold a single unit (no joke), worsened by the fact that most places are bundling this thing up like crazy with game prices upward of $40, anyone with common sense would think twice about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raedon
    Hey Darren, I heard you got one. Impressions?

I'll be down for that test drive thing so I'll look at it then.. No one I know has one yet..

As for dead pixels.. LCD tech. is used stock by the time it gets to the US.. We get Japan's old tech. repackaged.
    Haven't gotten mine yet. I went through that local store I took you to for mine. Won't get it today, but at least I know I'm helping them stay in business.

Come down next weekend and you can play it all you want! I've already got Twisted Metal and will be picking up at least Untold Legends and Lumines.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Other than major cities like NY,
    Well, ncsx.com says its readily available around there, and theyre right by NYC (Flushing, Queens) and here on Long Island I was on the Best Buy line at 7:00 AM and there were maybe 25 people on the line with the store having gotten in 210 PSPs, so I don't think it's even selling out here like those sites had hoped.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you play online if you connect to a hotspot thats connecting to the internet, or just connect to a psp thats within 100ft ?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by link1110
    Other than major cities like NY,
    Well, ncsx.com says its readily available around there, and theyre right by NYC (Flushing, Queens) and here on Long Island I was on the Best Buy line at 7:00 AM and there were maybe 25 people on the line with the store having gotten in 210 PSPs, so I don't think it's even selling out here like those sites had hoped.
    My main gripe with Sony is actually quality of hardware, not price, if they launch the system with very low rates of dead pixels and good/no-hassle exchange policies for retailers and customers, I'd be glad to pay $250 for the newest gadget. It looks like the same problem with Japanese launch.

On a side note, to my amusement, some suckers/geeks actually think they can buy up all the PSPs they can find on launch day and resell them on eBay for huge profits

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8179841661

The break even point is $300 (price after tax + bloody eBay and Paypal fees), anything lower than that you're losing money, not to mention time and energy, and this guy is even trying to offer lower bidders 2nd chance offers.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haha, I like how there's a copy of the yet-unreleased Gran Turismo game (And the Spiderman 2 game, too, which isn't included) in that picture in the auction. Could be a bit misleading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NE146
    I WILL get one.. But I'm balking on a quick buy due to the price.

I'm sure once a game comes out that I can't resist I will have one in my pocket.. usually this process takes anywhere from a month to one and a half years.
    Ditto what Anyone for sex said.

I've already looked at the release forecast and it's all stuff I won't like. So far there's a total of three games I want for it.

Lumines looks kick ass. I watched a 25, TWENTY-FIVE minute video of it the other night. It was AWESOME. Though there was a long pause between songs. Unexplained. Weird. The PSP should be able to handle changing songs, so it seems weird they actually programmed that in? Loading time? Weird. Almost a turn-off.

Mercury I haven't seen in action, hell, I have only seen some shots, but for some reason I really want it. Don't know why.

Namco Museum. Yeah. Looks awesome. And is my third choice.

Other than that, I can't see anything I'd want to play myself.

The gamer in me wants to wait until good stuff comes out and it comes down in price. But the collector in me wants to get a launch model so I don't miss out on the free Spider-Man 2 DVD.. er UMD.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

When I paid for my PSP, I plugged her in while I was still at the counter. I found a bubble in the screen so I swapped it for another one. I found a bubble in that one too so I swapped it for another one. That one was perfect but when I got it home, I found a dead pixel right in the center of the screen. Other than the dead pixel, its freaking awesome! It really makes makes my DS look like something out of a Barbie tea set.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope they fix all the problems for the next round. I'm actually starting to not want that first generation with Spider-Man 2. Not if there's a high chance of dead pixels or bubbles.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My GameStop must have had really bad shipping problems, because both PSP's have assorted scratches on the screen, although barely visible.

Anyone else have this problem?

By the way, to answer DeputyMonkier's Question....

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker
    2. How large a file is a full length MPEG4 movie? Ive seen people talking about saving "movie clips" on their card but isl it able to handle a full length movie?
    Well, it really depends on the clip quality, length, and capacity of the Memory Card. If you increase the quality to High, then the video clip will play well, but it will also have a bigger file size, so it really depends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm hoping someone down the line creates drag and drop emulators for NES and SNES (And even a DOOM engine.) that I (A Mac user) can just drop onto the memory card and run on the PSP. To me, that'd be heaven. It's only a matter of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I'm hoping someone down the line creates drag and drop emulators for NES and SNES (And even a DOOM engine.) that I (A Mac user) can just drop onto the memory card and run on the PSP. To me, that'd be heaven. It's only a matter of time.
    Yeah, I'm a Mac user too and would love to have an emulator like that for my PSP. I hear that there is a drag-and-drop NES one for the Gameboy Movie Player that can be loaded up easily from a Mac but I'd like one for my PSP instead.

At least we have a program for OS X that's an all-in-one tool for video conversion (iPSP).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PSP looks very nice, but for the price I could pay my rent for a month.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should I return my PSP? The dead pixel is very annoying, but the problem is GameStop probably won't get another shipment in for a while.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi 9mm
    Should I return my PSP? The dead pixel is very annoying, but the problem is GameStop probably won't get another shipment in for a while.
    From what I heard, not too many stores that got big shipments sold out of them today, so I'd expect availability soon. Personally, if there is a dead pixel, I'd return it in a heartbeat. Those drive me nuts!

I played one for a bit today at EB when I picked up SpikeOut for the Xbox. The system is pretty, the weight feels just about right and I love the analog nub. That thing is seriously awesome. While I was impressed overall, I didn't think the screen was quite as beautiful as it has been made out to be.

The analog control however... Honestly, that impresses me a ton. And the way the unit looks is pretty slick. It looks cool.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi 9mm
    If it bothers you, yeah, return it. I'd rather wait a few weeks for a new shipment to come in than be stuck with a PSP with a bad screen.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My FYE sold 4 of the 10 units we had today. No returns. I'm assuming the button layout "problem" and the disc-ejection issue, if that wasn't fixed, will be fixe din the 2nd gen PSPs?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)