Thread: Donkey Kong Country Competition- Complete - Bid 460 $ US

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Donkey Kong Country Competition- Complete - Bid 460 $ US

Honestly ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...179247057&rd=1

I Dont think is worth more than my higgest bid, i only broke the 400 $ US Mark for a snes game once , and i was willing to do it again.
    But not luck.

What would be the reserve price ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow...Ive never heard of such a thing. This guy may want $1K but who would pay that...lol. Thats just a crazy price already.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw a Starfox Competition for €25, but his mail was broken :'(

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The reserve was $650, asked the seller.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think someone on here had a complete copy they said they would sell for $400. $650 for that is a bit high, I personally think that $450 would be a good price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate reserve auctions. It feels like the seller is just wasting everybody's time. Who else is with me?

*steps off soapbox*

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by delafro
    I hate reserve auctions. It feels like the seller is just wasting everybody's time. Who else is with me?

*steps off soapbox*
    I COMPLETELY agree! Reserves are a freaking joke. I honestly don't see the point of them. Start the auction at the price you are willing to let it go for!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reserve is good because then you can estimate the value, how much people want to bid.
    But the reserve system on Ebay is strange i think. If the reserve price is $100 and the starting bid is $1, and you bid $50 it wont raise the bid up to $50.
    Check the bidding history for this auction. The guy raised his bid like 5-6 times at the end, but it didnt go any higher because no one overbid him. It might be possible that his/her highest bid was over $650, but since no one bid over, he/she didnt win it, eventho he/she might had a higher bid than the reserve price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Raising a bid when the reserve's not met likely represents the process of trying to find the reserve. It's easier just to ask.

Reserves are kind of annoying, but overall, sellers should have protection. Problem is, with the structure of eBay's seller feedback and real lack of community, there is no penalty for gratuitous reserves- but should there be?

Alot of people have this mentality of, 'If I could get $xx (insert absurd price here) for it, I'd sell it.' Reserves, in this instance, are completely annoying.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sometimes use reserves, but only when I put a BIN on the auction. That way it preserves the BIN until someone places a high enough bid on it.
    Still a gamer, still a liberal.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You do have to pay extra to put a reserve price on an auction, so that is kind of a penalty against gratuituos use of the reserve.

I generally don't like reserves, but I have used them once or twice, usually on a BIN auction, to preserve the BIN option.

Vroomfunkel

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jajaja
    Reserve is good because then you can estimate the value, how much people want to bid.
    But the reserve system on Ebay is strange i think. If the reserve price is $100 and the starting bid is $1, and you bid $50 it wont raise the bid up to $50.
    Check the bidding history for this auction. The guy raised his bid like 5-6 times at the end, but it didnt go any higher because no one overbid him. It might be possible that his/her highest bid was over $650, but since no one bid over, he/she didnt win it, eventho he/she might had a higher bid than the reserve price.
    if you bid over the reserve price it automatically becomes the high bid it wont say reserve not met, it WILL say reserve met though
    <a href="http://www.stormpay.com/?2337228">
    </a>

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boredashell
    if you bid over the reserve price it automatically becomes the high bid it wont say reserve not met, it WILL say reserve met though
    No, i think you missunderstood what i wrote. Once i bid on an auction with reserve, think it was $150
    I placed a bid on $200 and at that time the highest bid was like $40 or something eventho i had put in $200 on my maximum bid. Someone else had to bid over me or else my bid wouldnt rise.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a complete copy of this game that I bought from a boardmember a few months back and I would not sell it for $475. I think that this will eventually be the hands down most desirable SNES game.

Star Fox Comp may be slightly more rare and more people are probably looking for it, but DKC comp has the advantage of having an original box that is hardly ever included. This is a tough game to find boxed and I think it's a really good investment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arent reserves good to save money on insertion fees? If you inserted an item at $1000 the fee would be huge. Would it be as much if you inserted at $1 with $1000 reserve?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

No, i think you missunderstood what i wrote. Once i bid on an auction with reserve, think it was $150
    I placed a bid on $200 and at that time the highest bid was like $40 or something eventho i had put in $200 on my maximum bid. Someone else had to bid over me or else my bid wouldnt rise.
    If that was the case, they've changed it since you did that.

If the reserve is $150 and you bid $200, then the high bid will be set to $150 and the tag changed to "reserve met" regardless of what the highest bid of the previous person was.

Or in other words, if you bid more than the reserve, the highest bid is then set to the reserve price and you currently lead the auction.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem
    If that was the case, they've changed it since you did that.

If the reserve is $150 and you bid $200, then the high bid will be set to $150 and the tag changed to "reserve met" regardless of what the highest bid of the previous person was.

Or in other words, if you bid more than the reserve, the highest bid is then set to the reserve price and you currently lead the auction.
    It's always been this way. You're bidding against the reserve, not the other bidders.

Maybe he bid $150 and reserve was $200, or he bid $200, and reserve was really something like $250+

If the reserve isn't met then yes your bid is only against the other bidders, so if you bid a proxy & outbid someone by a good margin, but don't hit the reserve, then you only raise the price above the 2nd highest bidder.