Thread: Could somebody break down all the PC Engine variants?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Could somebody break down all the PC Engine variants?

I'm hoping that somebody that really knows alot about the PC-Engine and TurboGrafx, could break down all the variations of the various versions of those systems, and the differences between them.

In the United States, we basically just had the TurboGrafx-16 units, and the TG-16 CD attatchment and the TurboExpress and then the Turbo Duo.

In Japan, you had the PC Engine, the Core Graphx, the Shuttle, SuperGrafx, etc, etc. What I'm trying to find out, is what are the differences between all these different units? What are the differences in the power adapters and video outputs? In the controller ports, etc, etc.

I did some searches, and there is lots of posts on this, but I couldn't find any that basically gave the skinny on all the various versions.

Oh, also could somebody give the skinny on the various CD system Hu cards, and which ones you need to go with the various CD units?

I know that this is asking alot, so if there is a thread like this that has already been done, or a website that explains everything, then a link would be just as good.

Believe me, I appreciate any and all information that anybody can provide. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What have you done America?