Thread: Bonus Music CD included with Final Fantasy Anthology help?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bonus Music CD included with Final Fantasy Anthology help?

I was just cataloging my collection of PSX games again and I noticed I'm missing the bonus music CD that was included in the compilation package Final Fantasy Anthology. This pack includes FF V & FF VI each on their own disc. This is the non-greatest hits version and I bought it used so I never did receive the Bonus music CD that was included and just realized this now. Is there a separate release of this CD available or do I have to buy the collection again? If anyone knows anything please let me know. Thanks guys.
    Why don't you go play in the other room. Why don't you BURN IN HELL!! - Stewie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

You're gonna have to buy the collection again. The CD is a nice single-disc comp of some of the best stuff from both games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yashiro
    You're gonna have to buy the collection again. The CD is a nice single-disc comp of some of the best stuff from both games.
    I was afraid of that. Oh well, I'll just add it to the list. And then make a copy of the music CD to make both collections complete, well sort of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmmm, since when did ff Anthology come with a music Cd?

Obviously this is American, but still... I never heard about it coming with a music Cd...

Was there two original releases of it before they re-released it as a Greatest Hits? My copy is still sealed, and as far as I can tell, it has no mention of a third disc inside...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes,my original (not greatest hit)version of final fantasy anthology has the soundtrack.it says on the front"collector's package"final fantasy anthology,on the spine of the case it actually says 2 disks,but on the back of the case,in red,it says:contains bonus music cd featuring favorite scores from both games.it does have 3 disks,the two game disks,and the soundtrack disk.it is a cool soundtrack,and its nice to have.james,if ya want a copy,pm me,and i will burn you one.
    do not buy/get system repair from martin krohn aka iamnotageek.com

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    Hmmm, since when did ff Anthology come with a music Cd?

Obviously this is American, but still... I never heard about it coming with a music Cd...

Was there two original releases of it before they re-released it as a Greatest Hits? My copy is still sealed, and as far as I can tell, it has no mention of a third disc inside...
    Indeed, the original North American release of FF Anthology included a bonus soundtrack CD which, unfortunately, wasn't included with the Greatest Hits re-release.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So is teh Canadian version different? Is there any noticeable package differences to tell them apart?

I have seen people on eBay state that their one is either North American or Canadian, so I am guessing there is some difference...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

honetly, it is a very poor selection of music.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    So is teh Canadian version different? Is there any noticeable package differences to tell them apart?

I have seen people on eBay state that their one is either North American or Canadian, so I am guessing there is some difference...
    I have the US version of this game. The Canadian version has both French and English on the box and same with the manual. Mine is all english which I prefer as there is absolutely no French of any sort contained within the actual game, only english. And the Canadian version also contains the Music CD anyway so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

What James has said. Usually the Canadian version of any game is identical to the American one, save for the French manual and packaging. One notable exception is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which was also released as a French-only NTSC cart (and yes, the English version was sold in Canada as well).

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I disagree, the CD does have some of my favorites from both games. It sees use in my car's CD player.

Makes me glad I bought the game when it first came out.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    What James has said. Usually the Canadian version of any game is identical to the American one, save for the French manual and packaging. One notable exception is The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which was also released as a French-only NTSC cart (and yes, the English version was sold in Canada as well).
    That's funny I recently picked up this game just because I must own everything Zelda and yes I believe it is the only game to ever be released in Canada that has a French only version as well as an english one. I chacked for it in the Rarity guide and it doesn't show up so I guess that makes it really rare.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James
    That's funny I recently picked up this game just because I must own everything Zelda and yes I believe it is the only game to ever be released in Canada that has a French only version as well as an english one. I chacked for it in the Rarity guide and it doesn't show up so I guess that makes it really rare.
    I believe there is also a French NTSC version of Kirby's Adventure.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    I believe there is also a French NTSC version of Kirby's Adventure.
    I know someone who has a Spanish version of Kirby's Adventure that was bought by mistake. I didn't know there was a French version though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is also a french-only NTSC version of Zelda : Link's Awakening on the GB.