Thread: Worst Video Game Experiences

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Default Worst Video Game Experiences

I'm not sure if anyone has done this before, but what is your Worst Video Game Experience? It can be anything, your file getting deleted, your games getting stolen, Laughing so hard while playing you crap your pants, and any other bad expeiences that may have happened to you, post it here!

Here are a few of mine:

I was playing "Ancient Empires" on my PC, when I made it to the Final Chaimber
    in Expert Mode! I was haveing trouble, so I took a break. A few weeks later, my
    PC would not turn on! I checked every last connection, and it was fine! Now
    because my PC is dead, I'm going to have to start it over again!
    --
    I was playing "Super Mario Bros." on my NES, and had made it to the 3rd Level, when my NES cut off! My NES AC Adaptor had a problem with getting loose and cutting off, and because of that, I lost a very good scopre and had to start from World 1-1!
    --
    Go ahead, post your worst experinces!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I had beaten Donkey Kong Country at 101% in under an hour, and my college roomie's druggie girlfriend deleted all of my data.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

CastleVania 1...just defeated Death...I haven't even continued once in the game...did a small victory "Hell yeah"...as soon as I moved from my seat, the controller jerked a lil...causing the NES to start blinking...

Super Mario All-Stars, I just unlocked World 9 in Lost Levels. The save battery is on the fritz since it's a used cart...all data is erased

Sonic 3 and Knuckles...I just collected all 14 emeralds, I just wanted to play Sonic 3 by itself, so I popped that in, saved my game on the 3rd file. Two days later, I put Sonic 3 back on "Sonic & Knuckles"...All the data is erased...all 14 emeralds is gone. I guess this was a glitch?
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    I had beaten Donkey Kong Country at 101% in under an hour, and my college roomie's druggie girlfriend deleted all of my data.
    I know exactly how you feel because I once had a similar experence happen to me. Sept in my case it was a complete file of Chrono Trigger that my friend girlfriend erased while I let him borrow it about 8 years ago. By complete I mean maxed stats for all the characters, all the best equipment, and 99 of every non weapon item. God was I pissed. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get everyones levels up to **, or stealing tabs just to max out their stats?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got so mad while playing Wayne's World on the SNES once, I punched a hole thru mom & dad's coffee table. Man, were they pissed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A month after the SNES came out I had beaten every level of Mario World. Lent the cartridge to my kid brothers and said do not mess with the first save and use 2 or 3. What do they do...erase it, on purpose, and with full knowledge of what they were doing.

Still never got back around to playing all the way through it again.
    But they have since made up for that small error by giving me free games every now and then.
    We saved some guy's life. Killed some vicious murdering lichs and blew up something big. I'd call that a pretty good night.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was playing ESPN NHL 2K5 and finallt got to the playoffs. went all the way to the stanly cup finals. thats 12 games in a row, then my X-Box froze up and i lost everything man was i pissed off. So now every time i play any sports game i save after every game.

Years ago i was half way through my season of Baseball Simulator 1.000 for the NES and during a game it starts blinking. when i reset the machine my season was gone. again pissed off so i start a new season, recreate my team and it did it again 20 or so games into my new season. since then i have never played that game again.
    This is my BOOM STICK !!!!

hail to the king baby!!

my collection: http://videogamecollectors.com/galle...r-Room-of-Doom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

I kept failing miserably attempting to beat Cronos on Legendary difficulty on Rygar: The Legendary Adventure. Now, I seriously don't know why I had did this, especially considering that I had beaten the game on that difficulty once before. Must have been hormones that day... I flipped the nearby coffee table upside down and smashed my foot through one of the boards on the bottom. The board popped right out, I turned the table back up, I "effortlessly" (freaking lie) placed the board back in its place, and so far, no one seems to know that it's still kinda loose. Heh... I wonder how pissed mom would have been if she had found out then and there.

I also got a severe headache when doing my impromptu impression of Metal Gear Solid's Ninja as a result of failing repeatedly in the same freaking section of Breakdown. You know the white room? The one just before Nexus? Oh yeah, that's the one. That was also the same day that the Steelers lost against the Commun... I mean, the Patriots. Yeah, that was a pretty bad day.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Laughing so hard while playing "Battle Monsters" on Saturn* I crapped my pants.

j/k

Its actually far worse and far more embarrassing:

Playing "Sword of Sodan".

I did redeem myself by telling this overly annoying regular customer that the game was awesome and to buy it ASAP

*It's still a terrible but funny game...Frankenstien in Khaki pants OH MY!

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Probably spending several hours on Ikari Warriors on NES and making it to the end only to have the power go out in the house. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I am pretty sure I did both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I couldn't find my original Zelda 2 cart years after I couldn't finish the game( I was at the Link's shadow stage, and I wanted to revisit it to see if I could finish it), so i went and bought one at Funcoland. Before I played this one, I found mine. I put one in, saw the name "Batman", and deleted it. Hmm, methinks later, what movie did i go see 14 times in 1989, while I was playing Zelda 2? Hmm, could it be, BATMAN? What an f-ing idiot. I tried it again from the beginning a few years ago, but you know what? I suck more now than I did then. I got better on the Atari and worse on the NES. How is that possible?

"Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Unlocked EVERYTHING on the SNES version of Super Mario Kart back when it was released, which at the time was a huge achievment. So I was showing a friend the button combination to wipe the entire cartridge memory clean, and when it popped up "Erase Data?" he selected yes, not thinking. It would be many years before I'd ever play it again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Playing Space Ace on the Super NES. I spent ten minutes trying to dodge some shots at the beginning of the game. Never made it past that part and about 45 minutes later, I was back at Gamestop (this is when they were still selling SNES carts) exchanging it for something else.

The only thing I liked about that game was Kimberly.

Runner-up: Several years back I was playing Ocarina Of Time on the N64 and the game froze. I reset the N64 only to find out the save file was corrupted. My save file was in the middle of the other two and you could only pick the top file or the bottom file. I couldn't even delete it. I was almost finished with the Shadow Temple too. I never went back to the game until I got the Zelda Collector's Edition on the Gamecube, and I just got out of the Forest Temple.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Watching my friend play Gods & Generals. Horrible. I wasn't even playing either. There was one part where a large fire was in the middle of the field and all the AI would run STRAIGHT into it and run around in circles burning. They didn't even pay attention to my friend, just ran into the fire and burned horribly.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm... Maybe the time when my computer broke down and I lost all of my WarCraft III saves and maps.
    RIP Bargora.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by testament89
    Quote Originally Posted by joshnickerson
    I know exactly how you feel because I once had a similar experence happen to me. Sept in my case it was a complete file of Chrono Trigger that my friend girlfriend erased while I let him borrow it about 8 years ago. By complete I mean maxed stats for all the characters, all the best equipment, and 99 of every non weapon item. God was I pissed. Do you have any idea how long it takes to get everyones levels up to **, or stealing tabs just to max out their stats?
    If you save to just sonic 3, everything on s3&k will be wiped. It's very well known.

My worst would have to be getting to the near end of Might and Magic 8, then I installed directX 9... I never played it again. (Then I reformatted)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

PSX RPGs + 3rd party memory cards = .

I've had my FFVII save wiped right before emerald weapon and my Star Ocean save wiped right after I entered the second world.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

trying to find the stupid hammer at the begining of zelda 2.. Seriously.. I still cant find it.. I read tutorials and all I get is "in the town, get the hammer"... I searched both towns for hours (and still do on occasion) and still no hammer.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Thought of another one... I was watching my friends play Halo (which is punishment in itself) and they were like, "Oh, check this out, this'll give ya freakin' vertigo" They fly the purple motorbike thing (the Puma?) to the very top of this one level, then go straight down, spinning the entire time. That'd be bad enough, but we all know how bad the framerate is in that game. It DID give me vertigo, I couldn't even get out of bed the entire next day because my head was spinning so badly

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Accidentally deleting a high level Phantasy Star Online character. Stunned silence was all that ensued.