View Poll Results: Why do you collect for the N-Gage?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the games and the system.

30 31.91%
  • I got a bunch of games cheap so why not go get them all.

21 22.34%
  • Its different and has a unique place in gaming history.

31 32.98%
  • I don't really like the games but its easy to collect for.

12 12.77%
Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: N-Gage collectors thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so as the N-Gage some how some way finds a way to continue into 06 how many games do you think we'll get?

It doesn't look like anything is scheduled for January but there are reports that Nokia will release 2 games a month through to 07. If that starts in February that would be another 22 games I don't think that will happen but who knows. Right now I know of only 7 games scheduled for release. If Nokia could manage another 18 games this year I think that would be good and bring the total up to 70 games

I finally decided to go get Sega Rally. I don't really collect non-us releases but since it was just one and the N-Gage is the only system I've gone for a complete collection with I said oh well. I think I got it from the same guy in Thailand that many of you have since when I checked his feedback I saw some familar names

I'm sure most of you kept it sealed but not me I busted this game out of the wrapper as soon as it arrived so I could see just how bad it was. It's not unplayable but there is no reason to play it when we have Colin McRae Rally on the same system that just does everything right.

Also it looks like some of the accesories are in stock at letstalk.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

I think the games are announced are the last games were going to get. But who knows, Nokia has suprised me before.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i expect 2-3 more titles, then the system will be abandoned...

i cant imagine sales are that good on the newest released titles, and nokia will only release those games that are near completion - the rest will simply be scrapped.

then, in 2011, someone will have to hunt down the programmers who used to work at nokia and get beta copies of partly completed games and some concept art for systems...maybe a proto of the infamous 'n-gage 2'.

in an unrelated issue, does anyone have employee records for nokias n-gage division?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    I finally decided to go get Sega Rally. I don't really collect non-us releases but since it was just one and the N-Gage is the only system I've gone for a complete collection with I said oh well. I think I got it from the same guy in Thailand that many of you have since when I checked his feedback I saw some familar names
    I am interested in picking it up as well, but haven't seen it on ebay lately. Can you post a link to the auction, or disclose the seller's id?

Also it looks like some of the accesories are in stock at letstalk.com
    I recently picked up the Speaker and MMC switcher, and both work great. They attach to the n-gage quite well, and seem to be pretty durable. Also, if you buy 3 games with them and enter the discount code, they'll take the discount off the accessories as well. Not sure if it will work just on accessories as well, or say 2 accessories and 1 game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

here is the seller ID:iamsiamz

and he has an Ebay store as well: LINK

looks like he has a BIN Sega Rally for $49.99 but I got mine in a regular auction for $30 and I saw others even get it for as little as $13 so you might want to wait until he puts some up as regular auctions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

something else you might want to try is PM Amy Rose here on DP. I saw she gave someone Sega Rally in the Secret Santa thread. She lives in Australia so she might have acess to them. Just a thought.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

might as well pick up sega rally too i guess. id hate to have one game in the library missing, even if it is import only.

and im glad to know the speaker and game switcher are available now. i quit watching letstalks site when the games i wanted all arrived.

looking at my excel list, the average price for an n-gage game has been $9.14. how many supported systems can you have a complete collection for at that cost? i love n-gage!

classicb: whats the 52nd game? my count had it at 51 if counting sega rally. so another 18 games this year would be 69?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qbertandernie

classicb: whats the 52nd game? my count had it at 51 if counting sega rally. so another 18 games this year would be 69?
    I'm not sure. I was just going off what I had wrote on the first page of this thread. I edit it everytime a game comes out but I could have screwed it up somewhere. I have 51 US and then Sega Rally 52.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oops, my mistake!

i was missing tiger woods golf from my list...came free with my display and i forgot to record it!

so the count stands at 52!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

does anyone have any extra n gage games for sell/trade. I happened to be in EB games when i picked up a bunch for 1.89 each so im starting a collection now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried to use the 15% off code and it said it was expired. it was bound to happen.

I ordered the headphones (the cheap ones, I can't believe they have $79 headphones even if they are bluetooth), speaker and MMC card expander. I wanted to get one of those new cases but I can't find them anywhere on the site.

you know what other accessorie I would like. I'd like a screen magnifier like the old Gamegear and Gameboy had (although smaller). Not for playing games though since I think it would get in the way but for watching movies and stuff on the N-Gage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

hold on is it 51 or 52 w/out counting sega rally?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slipdeath
    hold on is it 51 or 52 w/out counting sega rally?
    51 US releases + Sega Rally Non US release = 52 overall

Insert Coin (Level 0) MasterChief78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried to use the 15% off code and it said it was expired. it was bound to happen.
    it told me that as well, but still gave me the discount and free ship. weird hu?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey does anyone have the N-Gage Insider magazines. I got vol #2 from a former N-Gage collector here on DP I think he had 9 of them so I would guess some of you got one as well. I was wonder how many issues there are? My guess would be around 4 or 5 since it looks like they just make them for the big video game events.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I'm an N-Gage collector, too. I've got about 10 games for the system. I'm particularly interested in the N-Gage games that are mail-order only. I assume if the N-Gage takes after the Atari 2600 pattern, the final batch of mail-order only games will become the rarest games for the system. I can't wait for the Civilization port to come out in particular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blue lander
    I'm particularly interested in the N-Gage games that are mail-order only. I assume if the N-Gage takes after the Atari 2600 pattern, the final batch of mail-order only games will become the rarest games for the system. I can't wait for the Civilization port to come out in particular.
    on top of being rare they are actually some of the best N-Gage games which should make them even harder to come by at a later date.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only two N-Gage games I've ever really enjoyed are Xanadu Next and Pocket Kingdom. I hope these latest releases reach that level of quality.

Wasn't there supposed to be a sequel to Pocket Kingdom, by the way? I wonder if it's been cancelled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default I have been suprised by the amount of games still coming out

I have been suprised by the level of games still coming out. I was also wondering who here knows what type of promotional displays N-gage released to display their games. I have an extra n-gage QD dual mounted wall mounted dispay kiosk that I have up for trade or sale.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

I figured I should jump in here.

Got a QD for Christmas. At first I didn't think it was possible for a system to have controls this awful. My fingers were in agony because the buttons and pad were so stiff. I switched with an extra faceplate and that cleared it up quite a bit. Thank god that was included in the deal.

I'm more than impressed by the games. I love Tiger Woods, Sonic N, Pathway to Glory, and Colin McRae. I believe if the media gave it a little more credit, the original model wasn't so poorly designed, and the graphics looked better in screen shots, it would have had a chance. There are some great games, and now it's just a matter of getting them all.

It's great to get a solid collection from the start and for so cheap. EB and Gamestop shipped quick, and with the other deals from DP members, I'll have around 20 games. Not a bad start!

(Classicb I'll get back to you soon on that trade!)