View Poll Results: Why do you collect for the N-Gage?

Voters
94. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the games and the system.

30 31.91%
  • I got a bunch of games cheap so why not go get them all.

21 22.34%
  • Its different and has a unique place in gaming history.

31 32.98%
  • I don't really like the games but its easy to collect for.

12 12.77%
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: N-Gage collectors thread

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

{took out the game scans}

and just in case people havent seen em, heres my demos for ngage

[

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so I see it's still sealed. will you be opening it and playing it. I'd like to know how it plays in case I ever come across one.

pictures are always fun thanks for sharing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey when you were at the Gamestop did you happen to see if they had Glimerati yet. Its supposed to be out I was wondering if anyone has seen it yet.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

did not see glimmerti, but did get some interesting info from the new store manager, who is apparently close to the ngage rep and is an ngage dork too...

she said the rep told her that a megaman compilation is on its way soon, as is the pirate game i mentioned a while back. she couldnt remember any other games he had mentioned, but said he was confident in these being released. thats encouraging at least...and she said shed check on any newer NFR games, and ask about a store display. id love to have a dual ngage store display!

though i expect you(classicb) and i(me) are the only ones keeping tabs, im still looking for the other two(or more) NFR games i need...ashen is one, ive forgotten the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well its not just you and me I know that at least DP is as well. BTW I have an extra sealed copy of Ashen if you want to trade something.

Megaman on the N-Gage would be great but Capcom is draging its feet with the system as they still haven't released Catan yet.

The pirate game looks great its seems to be basically Advanced Wars but on the sea and Online. Should be great along with Rifts.

It seems that Nokia is fine with just trickling out a few releases to the hardcore fans untill their new smartphones come out that will allow people to download all the N-Gage games released so far. I think at this point Nokia with hype up their systems again. From what I understand of their new plan their will still be MMC card releases (although probably very limited) of the games even when the new smartphones come out. This will last untill the N-Gage 2 comes out when we will see if they give up game card type distribution all together.

Also I just found a Gamestop with Xanadu game but they won't hold it for me. "we don't really do that but I don't think it will be a problem your the first person to ask about it... its N-Gage game we don't sell many of those". Well I hope its their when I get there.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

found two more NFR games. one is pandemonium, which simply has the title printed on the back and has no label on it(seems factory, as the contacts don't appear to have been played) and ive also acquired an NFR of tom clancys chaos theory.

thats 9 by my count, no word about a US xanadu next NFR...

a list of NFR games, just because...

pandemonium
    ashen
    ssx out of bounds
    sims bustin out
    ncaa football 2004
    spiderman 2
    tom clancy chaos theory
    rayman 3
    red faction

anyone else have others? id suspect theres a tony hawk NFr, but ive yet to see one....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Quote Originally Posted by qbertandernie
    found two more NFR games. one is pandemonium, which simply has the title printed on the back and has no label on it(seems factory, as the contacts don't appear to have been played) and ive also acquired an NFR of tom clancys chaos theory.

pandemonium
    ashen
    ssx out of bounds
    sims bustin out
    ncaa football 2004
    spiderman 2
    tom clancy chaos theory
    rayman 3
    red faction

anyone else have others? id suspect theres a tony hawk NFr, but ive yet to see one....
    I have a copy of a NFR Fifa 2005, which seems to be very common.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pandemonium
    ashen
    ssx out of bounds
    sims bustin out
    ncaa football 2004
    spiderman 2
    tom clancy chaos theory
    rayman 3
    red faction

I own 4 NFR Games
    Fifa 2005 x2
    Pathway to Glory x3
    SSX x2
    Ghost Recon x3

LMK if you need any....
    eBay Feedback / eBay Auctions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought I'd just throw this out there. Any of you N-Gage collectors want to help me build a N-Gage Collecting website. I already have the site http://www.ngagecollector.com I just need help with the content such as which games have NFR versions (i don't really follow that stuff) variations of console unit colors, accesories ect... Anyway if any of you are interested send me a PM and we can work something out.

I decided to do this since it has everything I like about collecting rolled into one.

-its an off beat unique system
    -every release is limited
    -most people hate a negative opinion of it (i love the underdogs)
    -unique packaging and game cards
    -i can learn foriegn languages reading the manuals

Plus I always wanted to make a website related to video gaming and collecting. This seems niche enough for me to manage. I don't know how DP does every freaking video game system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    I thought I'd just throw this out there. Any of you N-Gage collectors want to help me build a N-Gage Collecting website. I already have the site http://www.ngagecollector.com I just need help with the content such as which games have NFR versions (i don't really follow that stuff) variations of console unit colors, accesories ect... Anyway if any of you are interested send me a PM and we can work something out.

I decided to do this since it has everything I like about collecting rolled into one.

Plus I always wanted to make a website related to video gaming and collecting. This seems niche enough for me to manage. I don't know how DP does every freaking video game system.
    I like it because I've always wanted a system with games small enough to eat. Somewhat off topic: Xanadu Next has the best music of any portable game I've ever played. Simply amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What is wrong with people and Ngage games? Why is there next to none on eBay? Sealed ones are even harder to locate too, even on eBay! I have to really scrape eBay dry to actually get a sealed Ngage game these days, and only manage one per month at the rate it is going as people just don't list them at all.

And I must live in the very worst place on the planet. There is only two places that sell brand new Ngage games here, and that's either Comet or GameStation...

Comet have a few good titles, but want £39.99 for them (Older first release titles are around £34.99) ~ And is it any surprise that they have not sold a single game since February! (So the sales lady was teling me) Ha!

GameStation want stupid money for their new releases as well, off which they don't stock each new release (Xmen Legends II and WWE being the only two current releases they stock). Even their pre-owned Ngage games are twice the price that brand new ones cost on eBay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can help you a little, I don't have Not For Resale MMCs of games, but I have some Media Review versions of some titles, the labels of the MMCs are like the pic Satac posted and the covers different. I suppose every game has a NFR version.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

There certainly is one. Came out of the original demo unit.

Also, @classicb - I'm sure you've seen Glimmerati by now, but I thought I'd mention that I saw ot about a week ago at GameStop, alongside Xanadu. It looked decent on the back of the package, I wonder if it's any good?
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I've seen Glimerati at my Gamestop along with Xanadu but I had already ordered it online. The real trick will be finding the next four releases in a store. Catan which is supposed to come out this month isn't in the Gamestop computers. The next game they show is Rifts. That skips System Rush, Atari vol1, Hiegh Sieze and Catan which are all scheduled to come out before Rifts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Yeah I've seen Glimerati at my Gamestop along with Xanadu but I had already ordered it online. The real trick will be finding the next four releases in a store. Catan which is supposed to come out this month isn't in the Gamestop computers. The next game they show is Rifts. That skips System Rush, Atari vol1, Hiegh Sieze and Catan which are all scheduled to come out before Rifts.
    The only place that will carry them seems to be N-gage.com, ahhh...i can smell the rare games.
    oh and classicb are you interested in the gizmondo at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slipdeath
    The only place that will carry them seems to be N-gage.com, ahhh...i can smell the rare games.
    oh and classicb are you interested in the gizmondo at all?
    yeah N-Gage.com I've heard mixed reviews about ordering from them. They seem fine to me though. I hadn't gotten the last three releases so I took advantage of their 3 for 15% off deal with free 2 day shipping and had no problems. I'm all up to date on my n-gage untill Catan comes out.

Gizmondo? ??? I really don't what to think of it yet but I am interested in it. I always seem to be drawn to the odd ones in the bunch that have high chance of failure. I also think the smart adds are kind of interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    What is wrong with people and Ngage games? Why is there next to none on eBay? Sealed ones are even harder to locate too, even on eBay! I have to really scrape eBay dry to actually get a sealed Ngage game these days, and only manage one per month at the rate it is going as people just don't list them at all.

And I must live in the very worst place on the planet. There is only two places that sell brand new Ngage games here, and that's either Comet or GameStation...

Comet have a few good titles, but want £39.99 for them (Older first release titles are around £34.99) ~ And is it any surprise that they have not sold a single game since February! (So the sales lady was teling me) Ha!

GameStation want stupid money for their new releases as well, off which they don't stock each new release (Xmen Legends II and WWE being the only two current releases they stock). Even their pre-owned Ngage games are twice the price that brand new ones cost on eBay...
    have you tried Allack. I've never used them since I don't live in the UK but I always hear people on the N-Gage boards talking about their sales they have every once in awhile.

http://www.allack.co.uk/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well the only release for the N-Gage in August has been shipped according to N-Gage.com. Also the only place that you can get it right now.

Only time will tell but it is my feeling that this game will not show up in stores since when I tried to pre order it at Gamestop it didn't show up in the computer. That along with no sign of an upcoming release on the gamestop.com website make me feel that they are done with the N-Gage. I also spoted the 50% off sale thread here today that furthered my theory of them ending N-Gage sales. After EBgames had their sale they got WWE and that was it.

So if anyone sees a Catan out there let us know. I'm curious if this game finds its way to actuall B&M stores.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my gamestop said theyre dumping ngage all together(hence the 50% off sales). i figure ill get caught up with games too while theyre $10 each new. i have also placed an order for catan, high seize, rifts, one and mile high pinball. guess ill see if they show up. it came to $97 for all 5 games, shipped (if they ever do) from ngage.com.

also got three more NFRs(titles stated by GizmoGC)....still wondering if they made one for every game? anyone know an ngage rep or worker that may have this info?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have also placed an order for catan, high seize, rifts, one and mile high pinball. guess ill see if they show up. it came to $97 for all 5 games, shipped (if they ever do) from ngage.com.
    Not "ngage.com"... That's some crappy search-site/click-grabber. Do you mean one of the sites mentioned earlier in this thread? The one that has the 15% off sale by chance?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?