Thread: Are these SNES games worth picking up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Are these SNES games worth picking up?

Hi,

My local thrift-shop has these (PAL) SNES games:

Flashback
    Mortal Kombat II
    Stunt Race FX
    Streetfighter II

Are these worth picking up? I don't collect SNES so i only want them if they would make good trade bait
    Ofcourse i tried searching for these in the online rarity guide, but all are listen with rarity 0 (rarity unknown). If anyone has a good pointer to a PAL SNES rarity list, please let me know..

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

They are all fairly easy to find (and hence not worth a huge amount) but they are all great games to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, all of those games are worth a purchase if you want to play them, as trade bait i wouldn't recommend them, in fact there are almost zero SNES PAL games that would be really good for trading

none of those games is rare, Street Fighter II is common as Super Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat II you could sell for a bit to someone from Germany as MK is hard to get over here (you're not allowed to sell it on German ebay though), Stunt Race FX ain't sought-after at all afaik and Flashback is a fantastic game that might be good for a trade, IF you find a SNES collector who knows it's good but doesn't have it yet (quite unlikely as it isn't rare)

generally speaking, if it's a big publisher, the game ain't rare, true for almost every pal snes game, if it's a publisher like Sunsoft, Atlus, Irem or whatever then it's most likely at least uncommon, that's an very easy rule to remember when it comes to snes pal rarity, almost no exceptions to that rule

btw, as you are from Finland, was the Zelda Big Box incl. Guide also released in Finland or only in Sweden? and if it was, is there a chance you could grab a rather cheap one somewhere for me (of course only complete)
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hydr0x
    btw, as you are from Finland, was the Zelda Big Box incl. Guide also released in Finland or only in Sweden? and if it was, is there a chance you could grab a rather cheap one somewhere for me (of course only complete)
    I only moved here a few years ago, so i don't consider myself being finnish yet, but i can always keep an eye open for that Zelda. Although i have no clue if it was actually released here. I suspect it is, because most games get translated for/released in all three nordic countries (Sweden, Norway & Finland) at the same time.

If i ever find a big box Zelda incl. guide i'll let you know

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Surely most SNES games are worth a pickup if you're thinking about the long haul. In 10 years time, will Super Mario World or Street Fighter still be as common as muck on eBay? I don't know, and neither does anyone else. Pick them up if they are going for the right price, enjoy them now, enjoy having more games in your collection and maybe one day enjoy cashing in on them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super Mario World and Street Fighter II will ALWAYS be easy to find loose, no doubt about that, well maybe not in 300 years, but in your lifetime they will be easy to find
    -Jan

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

generally speaking, if it's a big publisher, the game ain't rare, true for almost every pal snes game
    Except for those Capcom games distributed by Laguna (Mega Man 7, X2, X3, Final Fight 2, Final Fight 3, BoF 2) in Germany. Almost never see them here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Those are all good snes games. Get them and play them!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruudos
    generally speaking, if it's a big publisher, the game ain't rare, true for almost every pal snes game
    Except for those Capcom games distributed by Laguna (Mega Man 7, X2, X3, Final Fight 2, Final Fight 3, BoF 2) in Germany. Almost never see them here.
    with here you mean the Netherlands, right? they are not common in Germany and usually demand higher prices than most other SNES games, but i wouldn't call them rare (yet), they are definetly on my "grab them if you see them complete, no matter how much they cost" list

Ruudos one question especially for you, how often have you seen "Aero the Acro-Bat 2" in the wild?? i've seen it on ebay twice when i was watching, both BIN only in france and as it's a Dutch/French-only game i was wondering if you see it on fleas in the Netherlands once in a while?? i myself found a copy with box and manual in perfect shape a few weeks ago in some store in Germany that has >1500 complete games and is known to very few people only,so i don't know if it's because he has everything or if it maybe isn't as rare as i thought... (he even had another copy of it iirc)
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Default Re: Are these SNES games worth picking up?

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa
    Hi,

My local thrift-shop has these (PAL) SNES games:

Flashback
    Mortal Kombat II
    Stunt Race FX
    Streetfighter II

Are these worth picking up? I don't collect SNES so i only want them if they would make good trade bait
    Ofcourse i tried searching for these in the online rarity guide, but all are listen with rarity 0 (rarity unknown). If anyone has a good pointer to a PAL SNES rarity list, please let me know..
    Mortal Kombat II is a pretty damn good port, as is Street Fighter II(although SF2 Turbo is more playable).

Stunt Race FX has aged HORRIBLY. The framerate on it is god awful. It was decent for it's time, but nowadays, you'll find it nearly unplayable.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Are these SNES games worth picking up?

Thanks for all your answers, but since i don't collect SNES (don't even have a console) and none of the games seems to be rare or good trade-bait i've decided to leave them at the shop so that someone else can buy them (and hopefully enjoy them more then i will, since i'm never able to play them anyway).

Cheers,
    Raymond