Thread: Owners of the street fighter arcade stick please read

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Owners of the street fighter arcade stick please read

April 8 I asked if anyone knew what the little piece included with the arcade stick was if one was included at all. I have found the answer. this piece should be included with the arcade stick but due to no seal packaging chances are it feel out of the box either at the store or in transit. It took me a minute to hunt down the piece because I even looked at 2 so called new sticks at eb and both didn't have the piece. and I knew I wasn't crazy and if you are like me I want everything that is suppose to come with it. This peice is not even in the documentation.

The piece is called an EQUALIZATION SOCKET the writing is on the included piece. The piece caps off the ps2 plug when not in use it is in a little zip baggie with instructions.

This is what the instructions say.

Equalization socket
    For use with the street fighter arcade stick

The equalization socket improves signal response when you use the arcade stick on the xbox console. It also doubles as a pin protector for the ps2 connector of you arcade stick.

Instructions of use
    turn off the game console
    Attach the equalization socket to the ps2 connector of the arcade stick
    turn on xbox console
    plug in the arcade stick

The caution instructions. Good luck finding your part that should have been included anyway. I believe if they are selling it as new it should be complete. The store might tell you you are crazy but trust me it exist.

Good Luck
    neo geo system

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The store might tell you you are crazy...
    They usually do when I walk in there

after a grueling session of naked DDR.

They always ask: "What are you doing???"

I answer:

"Just browsing!"

Tony Fox
    Digital Press Resident Mix Master
    Digital Press Records NYC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought this stick new from EB and didn't get any kind of equalization socket with it. This is the first I've ever heard of it too.

I haven't noticed any kind of lag while using it with SFAC on Xbox though. Still, is there any way I can order a replacement from the manufacturer?

BTW, how were these packaged with the stick? Were they inside the box or attached to the outside of it? My stick was sealed, so I can't imagine this part just falling out of the box.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The piece is inside a clear little ziplock baggie with the folded instructions . It should have been enclosed with the cords. I didn't believe it the piece was part of the unit until I read the instructions.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    The piece is inside a clear little ziplock baggie with the folded instructions . It should have been enclosed with the cords. I didn't believe it the piece was part of the unit until I read the instructions.
    The joystick manual I have explains nothing about this piece. Just shows the joystick layout and a little blurb about the stick with a bunch of Capcom ads. Are you talking about a manual separate from this one?

Can you post pics of this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not positive, but I believe this stick had 2 manufacturing runs. Perhaps the said piece only became available with the second run?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sisko
    I'm not positive, but I believe this stick had 2 manufacturing runs. Perhaps the said piece only became available with the second run?
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I know EB received a new shipment of these sticks on the first of April. My stick is from the earlier batch though. Sounds like gepeto got his recently so it could be that this part was only included with the second batch of sticks to be manufactured.

If that's the case, does that mean that the 1st batch of sticks need them too, or is it only an issue with the 2nd batch?

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried getting the pics from my wife's sony clie I was unsuccessful. I will try again Monday eveing with a camera from work.

The Socket instructions was folded up in the baggie with the part. The instruction manual for the arcade stick was seperate and made no mention of the socket. will try to get pics up monday night.

I am not to familar with 1st run 2nd runs. The whole socket thing is a mystery to me. I just know they made it for a reason.

After my original post on dp I assumed it a misc. part from the store back stock that since the lids were open it mysteriously fell in the box. Next time I went to the store I saw the part again this time I opened the baggie and read the instructions. I told the mgr I just bought one and I needed the part. Instead of giving me the part I had to go get my reciept and controller he made me exchange the whole package.
    neo geo system