Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default Morrowind (PC and XBox) now only $10

Just in case anyone has'nt picked up this great game:

Wal-Mart is selling a Jewel Case edition of Morrowind -- just the regular game -- for the PC for $10

Best Buy (at least in my area) has the GOTY edition of Morrowind for the XBox for only $10

Personaly, I'd suggest getting the PC edition, as you can do more things with it -- there are tons of mods that have been made to add more life and playtime to the game, and I think it handles better on the PC. On the other hand, the XBox port has the two expansions and you don't need a good computer to run it.

Just wanted to share the info.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You don't need a good computer to run morrowind PC either...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Morrowind never ran particulary well on my PC, and its a reasonably decent one.
    Much better game on the XBox
    Currently collecting Amiga games

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bunnibear's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having owned and played both the PC & Xbox version more than I am willing to admit, I would say you can't go wrong with either one. That being said I spent more time with the Xbox version. I could never get the hang of the controls for the PC. I was also never able to get the PC version to run smoothly on my machine, even though it is well above the recommended specs.

Thanks for the tip SoulBlazer

Cherry (Level 1) DaBargainHunta's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the Xbox Morrowind GOTY with a gift card a while back (full $20 price, but it was really free for me because of the GC), and honestly, I don't get it. I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Whenever I venture too far, I die. I'm lost and confused. Looking at the FAQ doesn't really help. What advice can you give to a newbie looking to get into this game (and the genre as a whole)?
    Formerly the poster known as Retro Pro

My review of Road Trip for PS2: http://digitpress.com/reviews/roadtrip.htm

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm...

here's a tip anyone buying the game who's never played something so massive before needs to know. all the walkthroughs i've seen aren't as well done (although some are nicely written and categorized) as the game's official strategy guide, which is a couple hundred plus pages.

it's easy to die and die often in the game if you try to play it like a regular console rpg simply because the game does a damn fine job of creating a living world. try to walk from one town to another, and if you're unprepared for the road, you'll get ganked again and again. but do some careful spelunking and exploring (and stealing) in the first town in the game and the first "dungeon" and you'll be a few levels up and have a tiny idea of what's to come.

if you're having trouble in the beginning, try luring a beast chasing you into an occupied town, and watch the guards help take it down (just don't accidentally hit one of them, or you're goin' down as well). restart and choose a magic wielding character and use ranged spells- you can hit some flying creatures across the water on the left side near the exit of the town and gain experience. keep jumping and swinging a weapon (with no one around) when you're not doing anything else- you'll gain experience for any physical activity in the game, a cool factor some folks forget... and so on, and so forth

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Re: Morrowind (PC and XBox) now only $10

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Just in case anyone has'nt picked up this great game:

Wal-Mart is selling a Jewel Case edition of Morrowind -- just the regular game -- for the PC for $10

Best Buy (at least in my area) has the GOTY edition of Morrowind for the XBox for only $10

Personaly, I'd suggest getting the PC edition, as you can do more things with it -- there are tons of mods that have been made to add more life and playtime to the game, and I think it handles better on the PC. On the other hand, the XBox port has the two expansions and you don't need a good computer to run it.

Just wanted to share the info.
    Hmm.Thanks...I've been wanting to buy this game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

morrowind was my first xbox game, and possibly one of my most hyped games EVER. Seriously I REALLY looked forward to this game. I wasnt dissapointed, and it was really my first first person RPG, and I enjoyed it very much. Killing and stealing from people is sooo satisfying...

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room