• Summer

9 50.00%
  • Winter

3 16.67%
  • Spring

6 33.33%
  • Fall

0 0%

Thread: When's your best game hunting season?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default When's your best game hunting season?

I was just noticing how awesome my finds have been lately, and how I've been actually FINDING stuff at flea markets, pawns, thrifts...everywhere.

Then I started thinking back over the past years and realized that Spring has always been good to me. I guess everyone doing all that Spring cleaning and such and getting rid of the crap they don't want (but I need )

I was wondering what everyone elses lucky season is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mine is summer coz im out of school and ive got loads of free time to go thrifting/flea-ing, and also coz summer is when all the fleas are out. i mean- flea MARKETS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Summer...

Do i really need to explain? Check the finds

Heh, well the Car Boot Sales are back on around this time and finds become so so sweet!

Winter is usually the worst time where i have to resort to shops and ebay.... money wasting season if you ask me, must feed the habit!

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I used to always have Good Hunting During the Winter..
    Because IMO people are afraid to come out in the cold,less like roaches in the Summer and Spring.

Most of my major scores were during the Winter months..

Most Flea Market vendors do come out during the Winter,yet some not until the spring..enough for me to score with less competition.

It didn't work out that way this last Winter Season..Weather Sucked and they no longer plow the lot for the vendors,as the dollar charge to get in has been dropped..

I've yet to find anything special so far,it seems the verdors are either getting Ebay smart and they just have had a lot of junk..
    I love the finds..I'm just not looking to pile up on junk...I've become a lot more picky when I comes to buying systems and games at Fleas and garage sales now..

Spring is the best for Garage Sale finds for me though...but it takes a lot of traveling around..

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Always found the best deals in thrift stores in Jan/Feb, probably due to people dumping older stuff when they get something new for Xmas. And the week between Xmas and New Years is the peak time for donations (tax breaks), and it takes a few weeks for that stuff to be processed out onto the shelves.

There's a secondary peak just after labor day when garage sale season ends and people donate the stuff they couldn't get rid of otherwise.

-Ron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

I just don't have the time to look for games here in Atlanta... I just don'tr have the time and the traffic is super-scary.

I buy a lot of games when I go home for the holidays... I stop at a couple of cool shops on the way, then hit all the game stores in the Triad area. Hey, I'm bored.

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Summer, of course. Garage sales are in full swing, and thusly so are my finds...I wonder if anything this year will beat last year's $4 boxed Turbografx. What a day that was!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Around this time of the year...because that's the only time I get in to it for some reason...

for the past 3 years, I got really into it right around the same time (now)...get into it until june/july, then pretty much forget about it until the next year.

it's weird.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Summer, because that's when I'm on summer vacation and I go to visit my family. If I stay here in NYC for the summer, my game shopping habits wouldn't really be any different from the rest of the year (when I search eBay and Marketplace forums for deals and once in a blue moon I stop in GameStop or the Salvation Army). There's just not much around here, and nobody here has garage sales since well... nobody has a garage or yard. :P Plus people don't trust others enough in the big city to invite any person off the street to come in front of their home or in their garage.

When I'm staying with my mom, she's nice enough to drive me all over to check out stores and such. I try to make it convenient for her, though, by just going along with when she's going out and I wander off to my places while she's busy or I'll ask if we can make a quick stop. I've found lots of different game stores and thrift/pawn shops in that area, and I stop at a lot of garage sales too. My only problem is that I'm so tight on money in the summer because I already put most of my money into the school year and the flight across the country to my family.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Summer is usually when I find the good stuff. Once in a while i'll find something at the fleas, But some of the best stuff comes from the garage sales, especially when some people don't know what they have. Bargains on older games and systems become harder and harder for me to find as videogaming becomes more and more mainstream.

Hey that reminds me, haven't been to the pawns lately.

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll need a special button for "whenever Flack rolls into town".