Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Grafx 16 finds?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Turbo Grafx 16 finds?

I just recently started collecting TG16 HuCards. I noticed a lot of TG16 games are hard to find with BOXES... is it the fact that most people threw away there boxes or there were a very low print run of TG16 games? If there were low print runs of Boxed Games or game in general for the TG16, does anyone have a list of Print runs for each game? The system is like once you start you dont stop Also does anyone have any good stories about the TG16? finds or just good memories?
    In the free/libre software
    movement, we develop
    software that respects users'
    freedom, so we can and you can
    escape from software that
    doesn't --Richard Stallman

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Are you talking about the cardboard boxes for every game, or just the later games that did away with the jewel case entirely? The only people I know besides myself who followed the TG-16 to the end kept their boxes in good shape, really. With no jewel cases there was nothing else to store the cards in.

As for memories, etc., TG-16 is probably my favorite system. There's a special place in my heart for that machine. The games are all really very good. Isn't it amazing how prolific Hudson was? I can't believe the wide variety of games they came up with for that machine, as well as the fact that most of them are damn good!

Keep collecting. Get Dungeon Explorer and Cratermaze if you haven't already.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just bought a TG-16, but I've never seen a TG-16 game, so, no finds. =\

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya im still collecting and looking for the hard to find Solider Blade... o_~ dont feel like any game is worth 50 bucks little alone 300-450 which Magical Chase is going for. I did manage to get R-Type for 33.00 BOXED... had a bid war with Bull's Eye Gaming :\ and intrestingly enof got a Blazing Lazers with Box for $15.50. I waited over 1 year to buy one but its almost impossible to find one in the wild and the games are non existant in the Wild.
    In the free/libre software
    movement, we develop
    software that respects users'
    freedom, so we can and you can
    escape from software that
    doesn't --Richard Stallman

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lack of funds prevented me from getting a Turbo Express (with TV Tuner) for $100...however i did manage to find "Parasol Stars" on another visit.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like the system its lots of fun. But its not my fav.

I can still find TG 16 games in the wild. On Saturday I found Devils Crush with manual card and cd case for $15. I've also found Bonks Adventure/Revenge in the wild too.

So far my fav game for the system is Galaga 90 I love the hypnotic galactic dancing.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

On the upside: I found a TG16 console with all hookups, turbo tap, extra turbo pads, controller extension cords, etc for $9.99 at a Value Village.

On the downside: I've only found 3 games in the wild in 6 years. It could be the greatest system on earth, but I'd never know it. And I'm certainly not going the eBay route for this system.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I purchased a system with Air Zonk, Legendary Axe, Keith Courage, Double Dungeon, Hit the Ice, and TV Sports Hockey for $40 bucks. I consider that a steal given the other bundles I've seen being price at $80+. I rarely see TG16 games in the wild and usually they are at gaming stores and overpriced. Example, local store has Dungeon Explorer and Neutopia, each for $40. It really sucks because I've been told Neutopia is a must have, but I haven't been able to find one.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's a fun system but I don't play it too much. I've had quite some luck with it. I've found almost all my games except maybe 2 or 3 in the wild, out of 30. I have a mint Ys I/2 & 3 complete with box, which I picked up at the local gamezone along with Loom and Valis II, also on Turbo CD. My best finds have been:

At savers:

Air Zonk (complete with box)
    Shockman (complete with box)

2.99 each.

At a swap meet:

Turbografx-16 with Deep Blue, Military Madness, Legendary Axe, Sidearms, Bonks Adventure for 20$.

Resold the tg16 system with legendary axe for 50 bucks.

And on ebay:

A "broken" turbo duo for 80 shipped. A friend of mine cleaned it up and it works perfectly. It even worked fine with cds and hucards right before it got cleaned even though the guy said it didn't.

So I've been pretty lucky with the turbo grafx scene but I'm not too into it. There may be a few more games I'd like to have, but that's it. I don't really enjoy browsing the games on ebay cause they're all way overpriced, but I have seen some people get good deals, so there's always a chance.

Hopefully I'll be able to snag a turbo express in mint condition which I'm currently working out a deal for. ;D.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been on the lookout for TG and Duo games as well and have found very little in the wild. I did pick up Ordyne for $15 and TV Sports Hockey for $5 this past weekend, that game store had a decent amount of games, but they were mostly the crappy common games (like the TV Sports series) and a ton of PC Engine Duo RPG's which is no good since I don't read Japanese... :P

When I first saw the Jap Duo games I as like till I looked them over well and saw that they were all RPG's, was hoping for some good shooters. TG/Duo stuff is hard to find in the wild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Necromutant
    TG/Duo stuff is hard to find in the wild.
    That it is the only place i've found that.... carry some is Gamecrazy.Any thing else for my TG16/PCE needs i go on Ebay for sad but ture

As for complete games long as it has, it's case and manual then that's all i need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

I have never found Turbografx games or system in the wild. Ive been searching for at least 4 years. Therefore I dont have anything TG-16

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found 5 games at a half price books for $3 a pop. Got Bonks Adventure, Bonks Revenge, TV Sports Football, Ninja Spirit, and Legendary Axe. A couple weeks later, I found a guy selling a cib system, a loose system, 5 cd games, and I think 8 hu games. It was kinda high, but I got it anyway for the boxed system and games. Right now, I'm in the middle of a deal that's going to net me a boxed Turbo CD system!

Insert Coin (Level 0) MuppetMaster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I recently started to collect for the TG16 (one of my favs) and in a short while I have got about 25 games! only a handfull from ebay (military madness, Impoissimole-boxed,Aerofighters-boxed and Galaga 90-boxed) but I've never seen them in the wild I usaualy get them from other game collectors.
    Gotta have it all!!!

My Game Collection:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

I had bought my original TG-16 back in 1990. I had sold the system later in 1994 after I came across a good deal on a Duo while I was working at a game store. Still have that with me now. I had kept the boxes of the games that I had bought new but the many used games I had bought used many are with out boxes but I do have all the jewel style cases that they came in. It seems many people and rental stores had thrown the boxes away.

The Turbo is one system I always loved. Over the years I had sold countless NES, Gen, SNES, games and never sold any of my Turbo stuff. I still have receipts for many of the games I bought new like $59.99 for Neutopia purchased at the now defunct Childrens Palace. I actually paid $69.99(plus tax)for R-type at TRU.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first and only TG16 find was a boxed system & turbobooster w/ keith courage for a scant $4. It was missing the power adaptor, but my genesis 1 plug works fine. I've still never seen a game in the wild...I own about 14, all of which were purchased here or on ebay. It's an amazing system, I just wish the games were easier to find.....
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, this topic really brings back the memories ...

I haven't seen any TG-16 games in the wild recently, in fact, I think I'd die of shock if I ever saw any (I can't believe some of you have found TG-16 at Gamecrazys ... I can't even find Saturn or Sega CD games at mine!) But I remember back in the day, around 1994 or 1995 when I was hitting up local smaller video game stores for great Duo games like Beyond Shadowgate, Ys, and others. I took so much shit from the guys who worked at these stores; they would always try to get me to buy SNES stuff instead. While the SNES was and still is a great system, there was just something special about the TG-16/Duo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Haven't found the need to look for anything since I have the whole US collection, though right now I would kill for someone who knew how to repair Duos...I have to use my Laseractive or TG16 w/ 3.0 Card because my Duo suffers from the skipping music issue :/

That and maybe the map to Ys.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry,double post.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a brand new turbo grafx from telegames awhile ago. It came with one game(alien crush). I love the system but the games are pretty hard to find in the wild. I've found a keith courage and a ninja spirit in the past year. I got a few more games online and I plan to get more. One of the games I got was a really good deal. Neutopia II for $8 and I believe it goes for $30 or more on ebay.