Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can somebody get my azz into e3?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Can somebody get my azz into e3?

Basically, I need somebody to hook me up. I have the ability to get to LA, but I don't have credentials to get in. I would really like to see the XBOX 360 up close and in person.

I haven't been to a e3 show since May 2000 when the PS2 was first introduced to the U.S.. So it's been a long time for me. I've been to a total of 4 e3 shows, and they have all been spectacular in their own ways. But I haven't gone to one in quite some time, primarily, because all the big systems were released and there wasn't anything earth shattering at the last couple of e3 shows.

But I think this e3 show would be one to go to. You have the introduction of the XBOX 360, in addition to the first unveiling of the PS3 and Nintendo Revolution.

Anyways, I was just wondering if somebody could some how hook me and one other person up. We would both be flying in from Sacramento.

Hit me up with a PM if you could somehow assist me in my time of need. It would really suck to have the ability to get to the show, but not actually be able to get inside the joint.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

I dont understand, man. You told me that it was hella easy to just fake some creds and go on in? Not so easy as you thought?

Chris

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is a funny thread. If you can't get in, you don't deserve to be there. God this made me laugh. And I'm not supposed to have a good time at work. Grr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could always claim that you are contributing editor to a video-game related web-site (Digital Press)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THATinkjar
    If you can't get in, you don't deserve to be there.
    That's right.

The only times I've been were in 1999, 2000, and 2001 and that was because I was part of a small time online tech radio program out of San Jose. Anyway, there were WAY too many people in there (especially in 2001) that really shouldn't have been which is why I've not yet attempted to return again. Maybe they're cracking down on it now?

In 2003 I knew a way to get you in. If you slept with the manager of a local game store she said she'd take you with her. ...no one agreed.

Anyway, I've had a more interesting time at the GDC the past few years anyway and it's closer to me. (still have to save up and go to CGE sometime - damn San Jose Grand Prix this year = my vacation spending) However if they're starting to enforce the "this is a TRADE SHOW damnit!" base then I might just have to return in 2006.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Re: Can somebody get my azz into e3?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Anyways, I was just wondering if somebody could some how hook me and one other person up. We would both be flying in from Sacramento.
    Whoa, wait a minute there, I missed that part. Two passes? You want TWO passes?! That's a little greedy to be asking right out the box don't you think? Just my opinion.

As Willy Wonka said, "Everybody has had one, and one is enough for anybody."

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by yok-dfa
    You could always claim that you are contributing editor to a video-game related web-site (Digital Press)
    No you couldn't.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

THATinkjar said:
    If you can't get in, you don't deserve to be there.

That's right. Sob Story
    Yeah right, most people get in because they are tools who work for the mainstream gaming press, or other obnoxious entities who conspired to destroy Sega, aid Sony, and thus bring about the end of gamplay.

I'm surprised the folks from real game companies can survive the stench.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:04 am Post subject:
    yok-dfa said:
    You could always claim that you are contributing editor to a video-game related web-site (Digital Press) Big Smile

No you couldn't.
    True, but wasn't that a joke? I hope....

I am kind scared of Cali anyhow... I belong to the mysterious third America that thinks the other two are a bunch of morons.... I'm safe in this cubicle... no, wait..... arggggggggh... (castle thereof? Thus were the lastest words of the FurFrood. Their power has gone out of the universe. This inscription is all that remains of their religion. Perhaps this whole post was dictated?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

Basically, I need somebody to hook me up. I have the ability to get to LA, but I don't have credentials to get in. I would really like to see the XBOX 360 up close and in person.
    Wow, you really don't know how to take a hint, do you? Two threads about the same subject, one already locked, and just a matter of time before this one is locked. So you can't get in....SO WHAT?? You and millions of other people are in the same boat, so deal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why don't you deserve to be there just because you're not "lucky" enough to be part of a publication/radio/tv broadcast?

I think E3 should be open to the public for a fee like most other events of this nature are. The San Diego Comic Con is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) comic cons in existence. All of the who's who of comics are there, all the new stuff in the field is unveild there like upcomicg comics, toys and movies/shows. And if I remember corretly the big game event in Japan, the Tokyo Game Show is also open to the public.

I think its incredibly stupid that E3 alienates more than half of the people that buy the shit that they showcase at the shows. Gamers should be allowed to attend and get all the lateset info and hands on time with all the new toys.

And just so no one thinks I'm ranting because I can't go I'm not. I write for the A&E section of a newspaper so I could go if I wanted, but I live in R.I and going out to California for a weekend is way out of my budget.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Uh oh! I hear it coming....the roar....so loud.......coming down the way.....

AWWW SNAP! IT'S THE WAAAHMBULANCE!

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by slip81
    I think its incredibly stupid that E3 alienates more than half of the people that buy the shit that they showcase at the shows. Gamers should be allowed to attend and get all the lateset info and hands on time with all the new toys.
    I disagree.

You've been there before so you must know it's a MOB SCENE, and that's only with "members of the industry". And they ARE hitting their target group - retailers and media people who are gamers. Why does every gamer on the planet need to be there? At some point the people working the booths won't get to talk to the decision-makers. That's what E3 is for: get the information to the people who make the most impact on their upcoming product sales.

For the record, E3 tried to do an "open to the public" day during the exhibit, at least twice that I can recall in the last ten years. It was a disaster from both the exhibitor and attendee perspective. As huge as the floorspace is, there are just too many people to be able to get anything done. Exhibitors were frantically trying to monitor their stations, and attendees had to wait in long lines to get anywhere near their games. Who wins in this scenario?

There are efforts to bring this kind of event to the public outside of this industry event, but they've faltered (most recent that comes to mind was set for 2004, boasting 100,000 attendees but strangely vanished months before the event itself). E3 is not the place for a massive public event, but it is on the shoulders of those who do attend to bring the information to the public. I think for the most part, that does happen.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BigPapaHusker
    PSN
    BigPapaHusker

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Uh oh! I hear it coming....the roar....so loud.......coming down the way.....

AWWW SNAP! IT'S THE WAAAHMBULANCE!
    OMG... i have never laughed this hard because of a DP post... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. I fell out of my damn chair!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wah.

No cred, no go, simple as that. You wanna go, get yourself a job in the industry some time before next year. And begging for TWO passes?

Low.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You could have someone carry you and your friend to the grocery store packed in a box and media mail yourself to E3 Attn: Nintendo. Should get you in the door.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found this particularly improper:

Hit me up with a PM if you could somehow assist me in my time of need.
    Man, I want to go to E3 as much as you do. But there are more important things...actual needs. I feel your pain, but I can also live with being able to sit at my computer and go to IGN and get all the info in real time that way. No tickets needed, no nothin'.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FurinkanianFrood
    I am kind scared of Cali anyhow... I belong to the mysterious third America that thinks the other two are a bunch of morons....
    Let me make this clear for the zillionth time since it seems nearly everyone that lives outside of California seems to think the same of this state...

Los Angeles is NOT a represntation of the state of California, honestly I wish all of LA county would get swallowed up by the Earth - freaking scumpot that it is. (my opinion again) Nothing irritates me more than when someone out of state bundles us all in with that sesspool. Especially when so much of the population lives in the truly internation cities up here in the Bay Area not to mention the rural center of the state. It's damn diverse, probably the most diverse state in the US. But getting back to E3...

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    You've been there before so you must know it's a MOB SCENE, and that's only with "members of the industry". And they ARE hitting their target group - retailers and media people who are gamers. Why does every gamer on the planet need to be there? At some point the people working the booths won't get to talk to the decision-makers. That's what E3 is for: get the information to the people who make the most impact on their upcoming product sales.

For the record, E3 tried to do an "open to the public" day during the exhibit, at least twice that I can recall in the last ten years. It was a disaster from both the exhibitor and attendee perspective. As huge as the floorspace is, there are just too many people to be able to get anything done. Exhibitors were frantically trying to monitor their stations, and attendees had to wait in long lines to get anywhere near their games. Who wins in this scenario?

There are efforts to bring this kind of event to the public outside of this industry event, but they've faltered (most recent that comes to mind was set for 2004, boasting 100,000 attendees but strangely vanished months before the event itself). E3 is not the place for a massive public event, but it is on the shoulders of those who do attend to bring the information to the public. I think for the most part, that does happen.
    The master comes through again and explains it all clearly to everyone.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheHammerGod's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Matesamo
    PSN
    Matesamo

I write for the A&E section of a newspaper so I could go if I wanted, but I live in R.I and going out to California for a weekend is way out of my budget.
    Hey a fellow RI'er (yay for the number two!) What paper do you write for? ProJo? The Times?

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be honest with you, I don't believe much of the internet "media" needs to be there or every freakin Tom, Dick, and Harry from Gamestop and EBgames. I know many people who are going and honestly, though they are friends and co-workers...in true respect they are nobodies. I mean everyone can view it from the internet, read about it as it happens, buy the DVD of the event....I mean come on, besides saying BOO YA I WENT!! Alot of internet junkies with a Video Game Website Need Not Attend. And I hate to say it DO NOT FLIP ON ME but in fact many people on this website who are going this year and have been in the past should not have gone or been allowed.

As for everyone flipping on this guy. Shut the fuck up. I have no idea who this guy is BUT he is just desperate for some E3 action as many people are. And it all goes back to IT NEVER HURTS TO ASK. If you guys say no FINE. But do not degrade him fo it...that is just asshole. It is like offerring a dollar for somthing at a fleamarket you know is worth $4, they may say no they may say yes BUT it never hurts to ask. So everyone calm down and take your almighty asses off the pedestal for one day PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Thanks guys,
    Mike

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think E3 should be open to the public for a fee like most other events of this nature are. The San Diego Comic Con is one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) comic cons in existence. All of the who's who of comics are there, all the new stuff in the field is unveild there like upcomicg comics, toys and movies/shows. And if I remember corretly the big game event in Japan, the Tokyo Game Show is also open to the public.
    That's because San Diego Comic Con is a show for consumers. It's a big swap meet made for the fans. E3 is an industry event, and it's so crowded as it is that I have a hard time doing my goddam job while I'm there. It's not easy to talk to developers about their upcoming products when they're busy showing off to Joe Gamer who got a pass because his best bud is a manager at Gamestop. It's so bad that the only coverage you're going to see of any product is by the major media, because they have enough sway to set up private appointments. I don't have that luxury, and neither do many other talented reporters that I know, so we're forced to waste our time waiting for the kids to play before we can get a word in. And believe me, we want to tell you everything the big guys aren't, but it's so crowded that we just don't have much of a chance.

My god, I'm becoming the whiny pseudo-journalist I swore I'd never be.