Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The demise of Coleco is almost upon us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I have to say is, "thank you' to Joe for coming up with something that pokes fun of all the stuff being posted about certain systems that are gonna die.

Thanks for the laugh Joe... Nice to see someone that doesn't take the other guys too seriosly...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I seek strength, not to be greater than by brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ozyr's Odyssey2 Archive!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Colecovision might have one more card up their sleeve if they plan a major release on the PS3 launch day just as Microsoft is doing with their planned release of the new religous title, an odd step for such a mature console, Halo 3. This might backfire in their face with the the growing demand of violent first person shooters. Another noah's ark 3d perhaps?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pffft....Coleco has the Cabbage Patch Kids, and that's all I care about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I know Colecovision's gonna die, but I know it more than any of you because I'm smarter than any of you. No music? No movies? No internet? What exactly are we supposed to do with this thing anyway? Face it, Coleco is DEAD. They've never been more DEAD in their lives, and they're so DEAD they're not coming back. Even if they release the greatest system next generation, nobody will buy it because it will be terrible and Coleco will DIE. If you disagree with me, its because your an idiot and I'm t3h R0X0R.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Who needs polygons when you got sprites?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Joe, I love your posts. So why do you come across as such a belligerant buffoon in person?

Must... Mix... Compliments... With inaccurate insults. Followed by retraction.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who needs sprites when you have Mountain Dew!

MY GOOD SIR!!!

buy mountain dew

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This could just be the best post of the day

Unfortunately, I agree. The Colecovision is just a wee bit too underpowered right now. I mean, unless Colecovision suddenly comes out with the Palm OS, I'm writing the ADAM off too.

Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Apparently somebody hasn't heard about Coleco's new killerp app they are releasing ... Super Duper Ultra Mega-Awesomenerer. It does everything the PS2 and Xbox can do ... only awesomenerer

Sorry goatdan no Palm Os though.

Formerly letsallgameon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, but consoles aren't the only important market out there. Have you seen Coleco's handheld technology lately?

See? Right there: "ALL THE ACTION OF A REAL FOOTBALL GAME!" Let's see PSP compete with that.
    o2william's Found & Lost

The Odyssey˛ Homepage! - Visit it for Sync-Sound Action!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Colecovision isn't dead. I can't understand where all this hatred for the Colecovision comes from. Good games are good games, no matter what, and will be played.

Gamers don't want powerful graphics, better resolution, and high tech stuff like the NES and Genesis and PS2 deliver. They want innovative games, short games, fun games, simple games they can pick up in five minutes and play for 30 minutes; the president of Coleco said so himself....gimme a break with these long and complex Zelda and Metroid stuff, God of War is doomed, not the Colecovision.

Colecovision will find a niche, and will survive, it is a cash cow. It is for the true gamer who doesn't care about shallow stuff like graphics, but cares about if games look good.

...and after all, the Colecovision has a soul, a SOUL I'm tellin' ya, show me the soul of the Xbox...then we'll talk.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's with this newfangled Coleco stuff?

Who needs ICs when you have all kinds of fun resistors and capacitors right there in the Magnavox Odyssey.... (and not that awful one that uses those vulgar, unchristian, "joystick controllers". I know better than to fall for such euphemisms.

Forget HDTV. Real games play just fine on oscilloscopes.

And if the Odyssey (which only works on a newfangled Magnavocks how do you say, "tereveedeo" by necessity...) breaks, just imagine all the fun you can have building circuits and testin them with yer scope.

Solid state. Heh... Squalid state.

And don't be taken in by vect her graphics. No self respecting girl would ever allow herself to be vected. It's the height of depravity. Says so raight hea in da book o Dumbferotomies.

Damn kids with their spirographs and rock em' sock em robots! The road to hell is paved with fancy-pants plastic tinkertoys. Wood is good dammit!!

show me the soul of the Xbox...then we'll talk.
    I would, but then the men in white coats would show up....
    Some things are best not seen by mortals.

Everyone knows that the Xbox is but a tool of the elder gods dude.... I shouldn't have told you that......

Bleeeeurgh... Sploosh.... Queeeee..... Shplat!

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Don't listen to DP, he's just trying to practice "The Art of Trolling".

I mean, how could Coleco ever go wrong? They have Donkey Kong, for chrissakes!!! Try to find DK on the PS2 or the Xbox, you won't!!!!

And does Sony or Microsoft sell you those cool Cabbage Patch Kid dolls (they're all different! try to see how many you can collect!) or that cute green Turtle wading pool? Didn't think so!!!

I'm sure we'll talk about Coleco long after Sony and Microsoft are gone.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Finds what they are using takes some and Still Doesen't know WTF they are talking about"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure we'll talk about Coleco long after Sony and Microsoft are gone.
    I will, I will make the joke a reality. So shall it be written, so shall it be dumb.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Dude, Coleco 'teh sucks'. Even O2 'pwnz' it.

This thread is awesome.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*takes some of what everyone else is taking* Nothing happens.

*takes some MORE* There we go...it's all clear to me.

What the Colecovision needs to stay competitive with the other consoles is to come up with an attachment to hook up their handheld games to the console itself and play head to head to head to head with other people on the television.

Either that or it needs to come out with new colors...like Nuclear Green and Atomic Purple.

*Men in white coats take me away now*
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This thread is awesome.
    This thread is awesome??? It is awful, you're a dumbass (don't take it personal, just my honest opinion)

Stop this thread now, end it PLEASE! Don't you people have nothing else to discuss? Where are those DP moderators when you need them? Lock it, I can't take it anymore.

Where is the guy who runs this place anyhoo? Does he even care that threads like these are BAD for games and the world in general? (George Bush doesn't care either, and look where it got us!!!! In Iraq they're selling now Xboxes and corrupt longstanding identities, that's the prob, not the Colecovision)

Every week, EVERY week, I have to read a 'Colecovision is doomed' thread. Tell you what, this topic is dead, not the Colecovision!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!)

Here are my two dimes about the topic I don't wanna know about and there is nothing to discuss:

Nomen est omen! The Colecovision has just that: a VISION! It will revolutionize gaming as we know it, just be patient, wait a couple of minutes, and those allegedly simple sprites will take over the world and leave evil companies in the dust. Colecovision cares about gamers, others care about money. (just picked up a cartridge in a thrift dirtcheap, saved me a lot of money)

SPRITES AND INNOVATION FOREVER! POLYGONS AND SMASH HITS ARE FOR KIDS!

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to call anyone stupid or anything BUT....if you look at the first post of this thread "those DP moderators" STARTED this thread.

That is all.

End Transmission. (Oh, All Your Base Are Belong To Us.)

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin

This thread is awesome.
    This thread is awesome??? It is awful, you're a dumbass (don't take it personal, just my honest opinion)

Stop this thread now, end it PLEASE! Don't you people have nothing else to discuss? Where are those DP moderators when you need them? Lock it, I can't take it anymore.

Where is the guy who runs this place anyhoo? Does he even care that threads like these are BAD for games and the world in general? (George Bush doesn't care either, and look where it got us!!!! In Iraq they're selling now Xboxes and corrupt longstanding identities, that's the prob, not the Colecovision)

Every week, EVERY week, I have to read a 'Colecovision is doomed' thread. Tell you what, this topic is dead, not the Colecovision!!!!!!!!!!! (!!!)

Here are my two dimes about the topic I don't wanna know about and there is nothing to discuss:

Nomen est omen! The Colecovision has just that: a VISION! It will revolutionize gaming as we know it, just be patient, wait a couple of minutes, and those allegedly simple sprites will take over the world and leave evil companies in the dust. Colecovision cares about gamers, others care about money. (just picked up a cartridge in a thrift dirtcheap, saved me a lot of money)

SPRITES AND INNOVATION FOREVER! POLYGONS AND SMASH HITS ARE FOR KIDS!
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)