Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2162

Thread: What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The importing bug has bitten me once again, so I've picked up several lately:

One more PC-FX game toward a full set, and a few more N64 games for the very arbitrary set I've been collecting for years (every Japan-only N64 game that isn't sports or mahjong/shogi/pachinko). I just need to get a Bio Sensor accessory for Tetris 64, and then I think I'll have all the N64 accessories I want (though the fishing controller is tempting). Got Goemon just because I love the series and the second Starfy because I enjoyed playing through the first one last year. I'm not a big fan of the Phantasy Star franchise, but I've been meaning to pick up Nova since it was developed by tri-Ace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    and the second Starfy because I enjoyed playing through the first one last year.
    The Starfy trilogy on GBA has always been overlooked it seems.
    I too really enjoyed the first game, and went on to buy all the rest.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

A few more recent buys:

A lot of anime licensed stuff this time around. Finally added Dragon Knight 4 to my PC-FX collection after just barely losing multiple auctions for it over the years. Super Robot Spirits is another fairly cheap and common game that still wasn't in my N64 import collection for whatever reason. I splurged a little on Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story, considering most imports I buy are dirt-cheap, but it still wasn't expensive in the grand scheme of things. It's a game I've wanted in my Super Famicom collection for many, many years. On that note, I also want the Rayearth Super Famicom game, but I'll settle with the Game Boy game for now. I hear it's extremely short for an RPG, so even if it stinks, it's still worth blowing through, if only because it was my favorite anime back in the 90s. Akumajou Special Boku Dracula-kun (aka Kid Dracula) is a bit of an anomaly as I virtually always buy imports CIB, but the price difference between loose and complete is pretty stark with this one. I'm fine with settling on a loose cart, and besides, probably around half of my small Famicom collection is loose anyway.
    Last edited by Aussie2B; 12-01-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One of the neatest things about old games, imports or otherwise, is discovering something left by a former owner. I picked up a Phantasy Star IV with a bunch of extras, including someone's old cheat sheet of combo attacks. It even has an old printer message on the back!

Also, a confederate of mine picked this up for me on a trip to Japan. It's a doujinshi sequel to Emerald Dragon by the original game's character designer, Akihiro Kimura.

There are scads of doujinshi based on everything you might name, of course, but I'm especially intrigued by comics put out by people connected to the games in question.

It's mostly in Japanese, but some delightful English phrases appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
    The Starfy trilogy on GBA has always been overlooked it seems.
    I too really enjoyed the first game, and went on to buy all the rest.

The Starfy titles are cute and sturdy games, but they're also basic and easy, with occasional blips of Tose laziness. They're pretty good games for those of simple and childlike mindset, which I assume is why Bratwurst likes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I've never bought anything off eBay myself. For me it was always the thrill of the hunt, I'd go out on my day off and come home with a couple of bags of games and various weirdness. I've done things like leave early on a Saturday and spend 12 hours driving across east Texas, hitting every thrift, flea market, or game store in every town. But people have become aware of how much fun those retro games are, and nobody's donating old stuff like they used to. The experience of searching for games was so much fun for me years ago, now there's nothing to find. Sure, I can look on eBay but it's just not the same thrill.

I have bought games online in the past. When Rakuten started selling internationally I did have fun buying a bunch of PC-Engine games without knowing what on Earth I was buying because of the language barrier. I bought a bunch of random cheap games and a few more interesting looking costly ones. By the time I was ready to buy more, Rakuten was essentially stripped bare of PC-Engine stuff and most retro games. Now you search for "old video games" there and you only find T-shirts and PS4 games. I kind of feel like my hobby has been taken away from me.

Well, the good old days
    May not return
    And the rocks might melt
    And the sea may burn
    Last edited by Kid Fenris; 12-02-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

KF, I like how "American" the advertisement for Sonic Spinball is.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I think the last import I got was the jap version of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on the PS2, loooooooooooooong before they announced the localized version (which I also bought, much cheaper, managed to snag one, brand new on release for under 10 bucks).

My only imports were all 'rasslin games, I'm a frickin mark. First was Super Fire Pro Special on the Super Nintendo. Never had to import the latest Fire Pro, though, got World (physical disc) for PS4 a few months ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I had a complete copy of Devil's Crash for PC Engine come from Japan a week ago or so and same day domestic PCE HuCard only of Time Cruise II arrived too (both pinball games.)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Last year I finished a PC Engine collection and I found the Hu Card format interesting. The only other "retro" card format that I knew about was Sega My Cards, so I figured that they would make an interesting collection of games to have as well. Though a complete Sega My Card collection was much much smaller than my PC Engine collection, it took me significantly longer to accomplish. There were several versions of Sega My Cards made, including re-writable ones. The blue cases are SG-1000 games, the red cases are Sega Mark III games and the white cases are North American/European Master System games.
    Sega My Cards are region locked unfortunately, but Hyperkin has released a RetroN 5 3-in-1 Adapter that will play Sega My Cards from all regions. There are tough to find Sega My Cards games in both Europe and Japan, which made this small but unique collection one that I'm very proud to own.

As I started looking at the 3-in-1 Adapter I realized it would play Game Gear games too! I'll confess that I cringe at the thought of playing a hand held console. But numerous adapters have allowed me play hand held games on HD TV's, giving me reason to collect very large hand held libraries. So with this new adapter, I challenged myself this year to acquire what I thought would be an interesting collection of Game Gear games.
    A few things that surprised me about Game Gear games was the number of exclusives it has. I had always heard the the game gear library was simply a bunch of ports of Master System games. My second surprise was that I actually preferred North American game case artwork over European and Japanese versions. I did not care for the checker boarding common on European cases and Japanese cases are too small to show much artwork. But Europe and Japan had many exclusive Game Gear games and some games were released in both Europe and Japan, but not in North America.
    CJ Elephant Fugitive and Wizard Pinball were two of the European exclusives I felt lucky to find. Japan had a Coca Cola Kid game, a Ronald McDonald game and Mikhail Gorbachev game called Ganbare Gorby! So I guess with a Gorbachev game it was only fitting to also have a game called The Berlin Wall! No surprise that there were quite a few anime related action games featuring Doraemon, Yaiba, Zenki, Yu Yu Hakusho, Soldier Sailor Moon, and much to my surprise, three Ninku games. I even managed to find a complete 1996 GG 56 in 1 unlicensed multi-cart.
    I never thought I would have a Game Gear collection, so 2018 was a very surprising year for me.
    I love it when new technology opens up new reasons to own retro games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

First time i've bought imports for the switch they were on sale so i bought them.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

i got two in recently.

also have another something special on the way still:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190404.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	10612

SFC The Legend of Bishin Zoku $2.55
    PSX Bakusou Legend Of Decoration Track $1.25
    (^^^i dont think thats translated correctly from the seller^^^)

Zoku is what i was after but when i saw the dekotora on the cover of that PSX game for $1 with no bids i had to get it some one tried to snipe it hence the 1.25. havent tried it yet (about to now)

shipping was $14

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I love Art Truck Battle. Just the music alone makes it worth playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I love Art Truck Battle. Just the music alone makes it worth playing.
    PS1 Art Truck Battle is one of the only (of 2, iirc) games I've ever lost. And it was lost twice.
    At the time I didn't have reliable mail service and had packages mailed to a friend's house, he let me know when Art Truck Battle arrived. When I went to get it he couldn't find it, and was just like "it's around here somewhere, you can get it next time we hang out." I asked repeatedly and we looked for it in the usual spots around his house - couldn't find it.
    Years later I'm over there and there it is sitting on his basement bar - he says his daughter found it with some stuff in the garage - not knowing it was lost or that it was mine, she was just intrigued because it was Japanese. But then we were drinking and hanging out and bullshitting and when I left I forgot to grab it. Next time I was there I asked about it and he was just like "Idk, didn't you take it?"
    Never saw it again. Never played it. Never heard the music :/

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yesterday, I came to the realization that I haven’t logged into DP in almost two years!

I’ve been so busy with work, that I just haven’t had the time. On the plus side, all that work gave me the funds to splurge on some stuff from my import wish list.

Games:

Note: Most of these purchases are used, CIB, with only their registration card or OBI missing.

Eternal Arcadia Limited Box (DC) - I’m impressed by the size of the art book.

Napple Tale: Arsia in Daydream and Guide Book (DC) - Even with two English guides on GameFAQs, I still have times where I get completely stuck in the RPG sections between levels. I pretty much resort to talking to everyone in town until something triggers. I bought the Japanese guide book for the lovely art, and as a visual guide for item/creature recipes.

Power Stone (DC)

Rent-a-Hero No. 1 (DC)

Super Magnetic Niu Niu (DC)

Tako no Marine (DC) - This is an interesting little puzzle game. Before buying it, I did some research on it. But other than a few Youtube videos, and Japanese review, I couldn’t find much about the actual gameplay.

Solatorobo Collector’s Edition and Guide Book (DS) - I already completed the game in both English and Japanese a long time ago, so these are just display pieces.

Black Jack: Hi Tori no Hen (DS) - It plays more like Elite Beat Agents, than Trauma Center.

Mother 3 (GBA) - I originally intended to play this through in Japanese. But I found someone who make reproductions of the English fan translation. So I used that to play through the game, and kept my Japanese copy as a display piece.

Sailor Moon R (GB) - I would of liked to get the Mega Drive version of the beat-em-up game instead, but it’s way out of my price range.

Klonoa Heroes: Densetsu no Star Medal (GB) - The only game I bought a loose copy of.

I Love Mickey Mouse: Fushigi no Oshiro Daibouken (MD)

Ecco the Dolphin II: The Tides of Time (MD) - I bought this but forgot that all the puzzle hints would be in Japanese. Fortunately, I have an old Sega Genesis multi-game strategy guide with this game included in it.

Magical Taruruto-kun (MD)

Shin Souseiki Ragnacenty (MD)

Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, 3, & Knuckles (MD) - I bought these as replacements for the NA versions I foolishly sold off years ago.

I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (MD) - I discovered that the cart actually contains both Japanese and English text.

Tail Concerto (PS1)

Nights Into Dreams (PS2)

Tenshi no Present: Marl Oukoku Monogatari (PS2)

Game OST:

Note: Except for the “Face to Faith” vocal album, all these soundtracks were purchased new.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

Kaze no Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Mega Drive Last Action Heroes - As for as I’m aware, this set contains the only physical releases of the Pulseman and Ristar OSTs.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - I bought the official English release from Wayo Records. I can’t wait for their English release of the Skies of Arcadia OST!

Pokemon Red & Green Super Music Collection

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Super Music Complete

Sonic Adventure OST 20th Anniversary Edition - This is more of a “Best Of” collection of the soundtrack, but at least all the memorable tracks are here.

Sonic Adventure 2 OST 20th Anniversary Edition

Sonic The Hedgehog 1 & 2

Sonic Colors OST: Vivid Sound X Hybrid Colors - The first Sonic OST I imported.

Sonic Forces OST: A Hero Will Rise

Face to Faith: Sonic & The Black Knight Vocal Trax - I bought this album solely because of my love for “Live Life”.

Star Ocean Second Evolution

Tail Concerto Perfect Soundtrack

Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X

Wild Arms Complete Tracks

Youkai Watch OST Game - Youkai Watch 3

Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta - This is the first Ys game I played, and my introduction the series’ awesome soundtracks!
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 05-14-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

after my issue with the MagicKey III I ended up ordering a Action Replay Pro Version cartridge from the online shop in Germany. however it arrived as DOA so the shop will be sending me 230VAC power brick for the GameCube.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Welcome back, Sega Queen! That's a great haul of import games and soundtracks.

Here's my latest stuff:

Tekipaki Working Love FX and and Minimum Nanonic are both somewhat uncommon games for the PC-FX, so I was really happy to land both at a decent price. They're usually overpriced when they pop up for sale. Bokujou Monogatari: Mineral Town no Nakamatachi for Girl (aka Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town) was a wedding gift, chosen because the game features marriage, of course. I've never played either version of Mineral Town before, or Back to Nature on PS1, which I've heard Mineral Town is a remake of, so I'm excited to check out this rendition of Harvest Moon.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Welcome back, Sega Queen! That's a great haul of import games and soundtracks.
    Thanks for the kind words Aussie2B! Now my only problem is finding room to display them all!

I also remembered two more imports that I forgot to post:

Tales of Graces f (PS3, Used) - This is the UK/Europe exclusive Day One Edition, with an art book, "Behind the Scenes" DVD, and soundtrack sampler disc with 12 tracks. I found this in a GAME store in Scotland, while on a British Isles cruise last year.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (PS4, New) - I ordered the Asia English version from Play-Asia. Of course, right after I made that order, I found out about he domestic release by Nicalis. Oh well, the game is awesome either way!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Just imported a large chunk of games to greatly expand my Famicom collection (got a couple other things, too), because I stumbled onto some extra money. Here'es what I got:

Famicom:
    - Space Hunter
    - Macross
    - Super Mario Bros.
    - Dragon Slayer IV
    - The Earth Fighter Rayieza
    - The Tower of Druaga
    - Ys 1
    - Dragon Quest II
    - Valkyrie no Bouken
    - Star Soldier

Gameboy:
    - Dragon Quest Monsters 2
    - Beyblade Fighting Tournament (I collect Beyblade games and was missing this one, lol)

Really looking forward to playing a bunch of these. They'll all be new to me other than Super Mario Bros., which is pretty exciting.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

On Christmas 2018, I Got Ochaken No Heya DS 1,2,3,4!

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

A few more items:

Graduation Real gets me one game closer to a full PC-FX set. Only in the 90s would a game company think to do a live-action reskin of a bishoujo game. I picked up Daikaijuu Monogatari on a whim just because I remember reading about it in Nintendo Power back in the day. Or maybe it was the sequel they covered, I dunno. Either way, it seemed interesting enough. I got an official Super Famicom s-video cable just because it was fairly cheap. I got an official s-video cable directly from Nintendo's web store in the '00s, which I still use, but I figured it would be good to have a backup, or just for the convenience of have one plugged into each of my CRTs, for easy system moving and swapping. I'm sure there are dirt-cheap third-party cables out there, but I like going official when possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Bloodreign75

Picked these up over the last year, some as recently as a couple months ago.

KoF 94 Rebout PS2
    SVC Chaos Japanese version PS2
    Saturn Bomberman
    Super Bomberman 4
    Super Bomberman 5
    Magical Taruruto FC
    Fudou Myuou Den FC, because Demon Sword is only half the game, the Japanese version is longer and has more content to it.
    Last Blade 1 and 2 PS2
    Garou MotW PS2
    Puchi Carat PS1 Japanese version (took me years to finally find a US seller for this one)
    Tokimeki Memorial 2 Taisen Puzzle Dama PS1
    Crayon Shin Chan 1 SFC
    Crayon Shin Chan 2 SFC
    Rockman X2 SFC
    Go Go Ackman 1 SFC
    Go Go Ackman 2 SFC
    Go Go Ackman 3 SFC
    Magical Taruruto Kun SFC
    Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius SFC