Quote Originally Posted by Koa Zo View Post
Though it doesn't compare to flea markets and garage sales, I still enjoy browsing eBay for unfamiliar potentially interesting games at reasonable prices. Japanese Playstation is still pretty good for this. Shipping costs have made a big impact but I pick up games I've never seen before (after doing some research on the title) for <$20 every so often, and I've yet to buy a complete dud.
That's not to say there aren't tons of games I'd not seen before but then researched the title or the developer's pedigree then taken a pass on.
Most recently I took a notice to Bomb Boat... there's hardly any info about it online. I'm hopeful it will be a fun PacMan derivative. Except that one wasn't "cheap". There are new copies on Amazon US (searching the Japanese title) for like $30-40, but that seems a bit steep for a "Super Lite" bargain game - it's the kind of game I'd expect to find used copies of for <$10. I can guess it was a late release and had limited print run. Anyhow.. still lots of interesting stuff to stumble upon out there.
Oh, yeah. PS1 still has a lot of interesting uncharted territory to dig through, where about all there is is a catalog number and maybe a Japanese YouTube clip of an opening movie. I've dug on that a bunch these last couple of years.