Page 105 of 109 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2162

Thread: What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

Insert Coin (Level 0) FUZZY PICKLES!!!'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Limelight788

I imported F-zero X late February from Japan (mainly because it was a few dollars cheaper plus it's still English friendly). The month before I bought Bomberman 64 (Japan) CIB for around $95.
    Last edited by FUZZY PICKLES!!!; 03-09-2015 at 02:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Dunno the price for a u.s gaiares has really jumped so i imported the japanese version instead.
    Last edited by Tron 2.0; 03-16-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11143592_545722985559_4193782149665522839_o.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	8251

Happily got all these games recently!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got PC Engine Bonk III, New Adventure Island and also Galaga '88. They were all complete and pretty. I'm stoked. Always wanted a copy of Bonk III especially. I know it's not Gaijin Turbografx, but hey, it's Bonk III!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Man the cart size for super fantasy zone is so thick i had to use the game genie as a bypass

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Was Sunsoft the only licensed third-party MD publisher to make custom-shaped carts? (Namco made their own carts but they were the same shape as Sega's, just with their own logo molded into the back)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Was Sunsoft the only licensed third-party MD publisher to make custom-shaped carts? (Namco made their own carts but they were the same shape as Sega's, just with their own logo molded into the back)
    Seems that way,my genesis slot is widen for imports but super fanasy zone wouldn't fit at all.I also have the md version of splatterhouse 3 and the game fit's fine into the slot.

Saturn was my youth Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FRAY IN MAGICAL ADVENTURE
    FRAY CD ~Xak外伝~
    PCエンジン ■ セガサターン ■ シーディーロム˛ ■ プレイステーション ■ ドリームキャスト

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Huh never noticed this thread before. I would have done this earlier.

In early July I ordered from Yamatoku classic both a CIB copy of SD Lupin the Third http://www.ebay.com/itm/331597605104 and Tekkaman Blade(cart only) http://www.ebay.com/itm/331596945933 for Gameboy. Before that in late April from ryoplanshop (love these guys, they gave me free green tea with the order) I picked up something I had wanted off and on since I learned about it over a decade ago Samurai Spirits Zankurou Musouken (Samurai Shodown/Spirits 3) for the Gameboy which is stunningly accurate given the format.

Also back on April 24th right when I got SS3, I did my first purchases from Gamegavel and snapped up both King of Fighters 96 and also Super Dodgeball. Never owned the first, had the second before (had Lupin and Tekkaman too years ago with it.) Both these games from GG were also loose and they came from an American in Japan running Japan Retro Direct on there.

Outside of that I've got a few things on Gamecube and around 15~ Famicom games too but they weren't bought this year so it's a bit dated. If you're curious, follow the address in my signature as they're good stuff.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

man I haven't imported for awhile! Love seeing all the nintendo stuff but especially the saturn stuff and other sega stuff. Never got into pc engine. Curious where have you guys all been getting the imports lately?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tend to get quite a bit of stuff on a regular basis, but this one is one of the more interesting stand outs

The big 21" version shipped from Japan. Via a separate auction got the controllers for it. Displays the SFC games via internal RGB.

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Geez the price on that TV must have been steep, yet I fear what shipping something that heavy added to that. You really don't see those come along often. People will talk up the sharp NES tv, but the SFC one ...that's the real rarity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Geez the price on that TV must have been steep, yet I fear what shipping something that heavy added to that. You really don't see those come along often. People will talk up the sharp NES tv, but the SFC one ...that's the real rarity.
    The shipping definitely was no slouch that's for sure. Also the risk in shipping is a big factor too. Finding these in a US based collection is sorta rare, but mainly due to shipping and risk. In Japan these are about on par in rarity as US Sharp NES TV units.

However, the Japanese Sharp Famicom TV is very rare even in Japan. Much, much more rare than the US Sharp NES TV units. I've actually got one of those too (pictured below), also with the very rare Sharp controllers (via separate auction too). Note the Famicom TV is displaying the internal Famicom game in RGB too like the SF-1 (notice the RGB palette by yellow background). Not sure about the US Sharp NES TVs though?

Now the rarest of the TV combo units... the PC-Engine monitor combo unit (PC-KD863G) is very, very rare even in Japan. Though I managed to recently win one complete with box! Should be coming in down the road...

Last edited by StealthLurker; 09-21-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's insane you have all that, especially that Sharp Famicom and the incomng PCE TV (never heard of that one.)

The Sharp did have a differing color than your standard TV output for colors. I got rid of mine or I'd fire it up and check it again. I just saw no point in it wasting space when I didn't have a real good way to safely use it with regularity. The funds from it was a big chunk into the high end laptop I'm on right now and I don't regret it. I can't fix stuff like that and that TV was while in excellent shape starting to sound its age with some mono loving buzzing from that speaker that drove me nuts.

Saturn was my youth Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kaze No Densetsu Xanadu (風の伝説ザナドゥ) - PCE-SCD˛
    Fray In Magical Adventure (FRAY CD ~Xak外伝~) - PCE-SCD˛
    Wangan Dead Heat + Real Arrange (湾岸デッドヒート+リアルアレンジ) - SAT
    Groove on Fight (グルーヴオンファイト 豪血寺一族3) - SAT

updated imgur gallery here
    PCエンジン ■ セガサターン ■ シーディーロム˛ ■ プレイステーション ■ ドリームキャスト

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That's insane you have all that, especially that Sharp Famicom and the incomng PCE TV (never heard of that one.)

The Sharp did have a differing color than your standard TV output for colors. I got rid of mine or I'd fire it up and check it again. I just saw no point in it wasting space when I didn't have a real good way to safely use it with regularity. The funds from it was a big chunk into the high end laptop I'm on right now and I don't regret it. I can't fix stuff like that and that TV was while in excellent shape starting to sound its age with some mono loving buzzing from that speaker that drove me nuts.
    Well it's kind of the fulfillment of those "never in a million years" wants from childhood. You'll see something amazingly unique, hard to get or flat out expensive in a magazine and think how wonderful, but you'll never own it. One of the realizations you get with adulthood and a career type job. Now you can finally get it if you cared and put some work into it haha. I recall seeing the Pioneer Laseractive in the old 90s EGMs and drooling. Such a niche and extravagant way to play Genesis games, but oh so cool!

I also remember seeing the Super Famicom TV in a shop during a visit to Japan in the 90s and thinking how mind boggling amazing (and out of reach it was). It was hard enough to get my parents to buy a SNES Another vivid memory I had was visiting a Japanese arcade for the first time in Osaka (early 90s again) and swearing to myself one day I would own one (got about 10 now haha).

Yeah I actually only found out about the PCE Monitor in the 2000s. Saw a scanned flyer of it on the internet and thinking what the hell?! It's been a long time hunting for one. In the past few months however, 2 have appeared on Japanese auction sites. I lost on the first one (went for a very high amount), but the second one that appeared I was able to get for less than half of what the first one went for. A trend I usually see on these Japan auction sites. The ones that pop up first tend to go for the highest amount, then the winning bids seem to diminish from there. Something I'm usually on the losing end for (winning the early listed items), but every now and then an item will break that trend and actually go up a-la eBay.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never imported until recently with Sumioni on Vita. Looks like an interesting action platformer with a unique art style. It's on PSN but I prefer those tiny cards over a download.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Stealth--Trust me when I say I get it. Remember I too had a very damn near immaculate Sharp NES TV right down to the 2 controllers and remote all intact. I loved screwing with that at places like Sears/Wards back in the day when my parents were shopping (mom likes to make a 30min thing take 3 hours) so I'd find that and play. I had the opportunity around 5 years back to score that with 7 games and a zapper for $200. I got good use out of it for a few years, but then it went into dust collection once I had the kid as she made it impossible for me to really get time on it. I've still got others, maybe not electronic, but I always also since 1991 wanted that store hanging display of Mario riding Yoshi for the SNES, got that cheap a bit before the TV, still have it hanging here and don't plan to resell it. If I ever lost that much interest I'd let her hang it in her room. :P

I still have a taste of that though with my acquisition this year -- Pin-Bot the full size pinball machine. Loved it as a kid along with Black Knight and Space Shuttle, my favorites of the pre-DMD (video mode panel) era stuff. I found a badly listed one locally, jumped at it, found it was fully function and home used only and ditched some expensive dust collecting old NES/SNES titles and it was mine. Everyone here likes to use it, and it like the ad piece, stays. If I had to remove something I'd ditch the quite rare gold ball machine I have instead. Always wanted a real pinball machine since the 80s but no space, room, or parents that tolerant or that generous either. :P

Anyway on subject as this is an IMPORT thread. I'm the proud new 'in-transit' at least owner of ALIEN HOMINID for the GBA, an EU only release. Scored it for $20 shipped, which is $10 off the usual so I'm pleased.

I'm hoping shortly to finally wrangle up one of the Konami GB Collection games from there too, really need to get all four of them back though. Not sure what it is maybe nerves, maybe ebay doing global shipping ripoffs on US buyers now, but paying $20 to ship a 3 ounce $10 game is not happening on principle alone.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 09-25-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It's hard to tell from the image, that PCE-TV included the CD drive, especially at that price, right?