Page 55 of 109 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2162

Thread: What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    Only in Japan baby... only in Japan. An Egret 2 or AWSD for 350ish USD... drool! Any notable PCB finds in your hunts?
    Not really. I've picked up a bunch of MVS carts on the cheap (only two of mine are pricey - Blazing Star and Sengoku 3 - the rest I've picked up for under $10 each). I've gotten a few Naomi games quite cheap as well. There aren't as many PCB deals to be had as cabinet deals, unfortunately.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got Valis 2 and 4 in the mail. I bought both for under $25, so not a bad deal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Contaminous View Post
    Actually it's a bit yellowed, the flash on the camera gave it that clean illusion which isn't a bad thing really, it shows the yellowing didn't go too out of hand. I'm still going to disassemble the machine and soak the shells in bleach.
    The bleach didn't damage the blues, writing, etc of the shells? I like the white pce hardware, but it seems NEC went cheap w/ the plastics. So many of them yellow badly.

Quote Originally Posted by smork View Post
    Not really. I've picked up a bunch of MVS carts on the cheap (only two of mine are pricey - Blazing Star and Sengoku 3 - the rest I've picked up for under $10 each). I've gotten a few Naomi games quite cheap as well. There aren't as many PCB deals to be had as cabinet deals, unfortunately.
    Yeah on the MVS... Even complete kits seem to go for very reasonable prices. Ah japan... stores where you can just walk in and buy arcade software/hardware. Man!

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The bleach didn't damage the blues, writing, etc of the shells? I like the white pce hardware, but it seems NEC went cheap w/ the plastics. So many of them yellow badly.
    The design turned out fine, I'm not sure I recall, but I think I spread vaseline on the grey area where all the writing is before setting it in the bleach.

Here's a link worth checking out.
    http://superpcenginegrafx.com/cleaning_a_pcengine.html
    Last edited by Lord Contaminous; 05-17-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Actually it's a bit yellowed, the flash on the camera gave it that clean illusion which isn't a bad thing really, it shows the yellowing didn't go too out of hand. I'm still going to disassemble the machine and soak the shells in bleach.

That's what I did for my Duo R controller. it too was once yellowed.
    Any idea of how to get rid of the yellowing on a grey Saturn?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

*SLAPS FOREHEAD*

Only in Japan baby... only in Japan. An Egret 2 or AWSD for 350ish USD... drool! Any notable PCB finds in your hunts?

*SLAPS FOREHEAD AGAIN*

Yeah the guy I used to buy japanese cabinets from would tell me how much he'd get them for in his trips to Japan to acquire stock. Doesn't help when I know what he's charging me. He also imported skylines too. His warehouse was a tiny little universe of all things awesome.

I found a Street Fighter 2 Turbo PCB for 10,000yen (about $100) for sale near me. I think is was Super Turbo... it might've been CE' for all I know. It's still for sale, AFAIK. I'll check again next time I'm in the shop that had it. I don't know much about PCBs. The kit seemed to include the game board, a 2-player joystick and I think a bunch of labels. I'm not really sure what an arcade kit is supposed to include, but it looked pretty cool. I might be off somewhat on the price and version of SFII, but it definitely was cheaper than I thought it would be.

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Grey Saturn....can't help you right there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Grey Saturn....can't help you right there.
    It's ok. You posted a pic of the white PCE with Salamander in it. I'm happy.

I've loved that game since I first played Life Force on the NES in 1988 or '89. I don't remember exactly. My friends and I abused the Komami code so much in that game. Lots of people loved Contra, but I'll take Life Force any day. Contra still rocks, though... just not as much as Life Force.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first game purchases in months, really. I've gotten selective in my old age instead of buying any old thing.

I got two art books - one for Okami and the other for Persona 4:

Also, got two steps closer to finishing my Bandai Vectrex collection! Boxed/complete Starhawk and Hyper Chase (both R9s):

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Thanks to carl of the famicomshop i was able to get don doko don 2 cib

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice Salamander PCE there, Tron.

I acquired Recca Summer Carnival '92 today, thanks to Carl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Meancode
    PSN
    Meancode

Just arrived at my door this morning. Ordered Shooting Love 200X, Death Smiles, Do Don Pachi Daioujou Black Label Extra, Otomedius Gorgeous, Raiden IV, and The Castle of Shikigami III, a 3,500 Points Card, and a Japanese 360, quite a haul!
    Ken Edwards
    Blogcritics.org Editor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arasoi View Post
    Nice Salamander PCE there, Tron.

I acquired Recca Summer Carnival '92 today, thanks to Carl.
    Thanks it was realy a trade deal thing a member i know over at,pcenginefx.com was getting into collecting and playing loose hucards instead.So i mention i had a loose salamander to sell and he offer a trade for a complete copy.

Btw mind if i ask how much that recca summer carnial 92 cost ya ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just picked up Final Fight Revenge and Capcom Generations 1, 2 an 4 for Saturn off eBay. I know Revenge is awful, but, even though it's not cannon, it takes place in the Street Fighter universe. It's also kinda hard to come by.

The Capcom Generations were picked up to complete the set and they were in a lot for a decent price. Just need 3 now, already had 5 of course.

Next two Saturn imports I'm going after are Elevator Action Returns and Crows. Anyone got either for sale?

Chasing the chuckwagon. schnuth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been back for a few days from my vacation to Tokyo and finally got over my jet lag. So I figured it was time to post photos of the games I bought.

One of my main wants were some PC Engine games. I got a pretty good haul, but did pass on a few I wanted since I didn't want to spend all my vacation cash on games. It was really hard to set limits on myself since your like a kid in a candy store in these game stores in Akihabara. It's pretty overwhelming to say the least.

Another goal of mine was to fill some holes in my Puyo Puyo/Madoh Monogatari collection. While these do turn up online sometimes, I've had a hard time finding complete copies. I found just about everything I was looking for too. I really need to post some photos of my Puyo collection one of these days.

I also found a PC-FX for a good price and ended up grabbing it even though I didn't think I was going to buy many systems this trip.

Another thing I definitely wanted to come home with was a AV Famicom. That way I can play my Famicom games in comfort with standard US controllers with nice long cords. It did end up coming with a couple Japanese dogbones with the short cords though. The Densha De Go controller, the Famicom games, and Frame Gride were all found in the discount "Junk Boxes" of different stores I visited.

Only Einhander and Devil's Crush were games I specifically wanted, the rest all came from the ever friendly and awesomely cheap Junk Boxes. I've been wanting to try out the Gundam Side Story games since they are compatible with the Virtual On twin sticks. For 100 yen a pop who could refuse?

I didn't intend to buy a Super Famicom system or games, but they were cheap and extremely plentiful so I finally caved in. I also grabbed some games from various Junk Boxes and discount bins. I think the complete games were 250 yen, while the loose ones were 50 to 300 yen each. The Super Gameboy was around 900 yen.

I also grabbed a Rockman 20th Anniversary Complete Works art book, and a MGS4 iPhone case at the Apple Store. I didn't know there were MGS iPhone accessories. Pretty cool!

I also grabbed a bunch of gaming and anime t-shirts from the Uniqlo UT store in Harajuku. Puyo Puyo, Street Fighter, Xevious, PaRapper, Densha De Go, Sonic, etc all for 990 yen each. Once they are out of the laundry I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

Aaron
    Last edited by schnuth; 05-24-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome haul schnuth. I'm envious. We should kick it sometime. I live right outside Toledo. Be cool to compare imports.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Awesome haul schnuth. I'm envious. We should kick it sometime. I live right outside Toledo. Be cool to compare imports.
    I hadn't noticed that before. It's nice to see a local on here! For sure, maybe we can raid the Goodwills and Allieds sometime over beers.

Aaron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Really nice instant 360 shmup setup meancode, x-mas came early. hehe

Sweet haul schnuth! Did you put that all in your luggage and or carry on or did you have it shipped to your home?

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sweet haul schnuth! Did you put that all in your luggage and or carry on or did you have it shipped to your home?
    I put the stuff I was most worried about getting beat up in my carry on and put the rest of it in my luggage. Both my wife and I brought a second bag along which made bringing everything home much easier. We brought back a bunch of other stuff besides games too.

Aaron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is my first post here so I thought I'd share my most recent AND FIRST import title ever. I bought SPRIGGAN for PC Engine CD-ROM2. This is one seriously cool shmup!