Page 56 of 109 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2162

Thread: What is your most RECENT import? Post often!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    This is my first post here so I thought I'd share my most recent AND FIRST import title ever. I bought SPRIGGAN for PC Engine CD-ROM2. This is one seriously cool shmup!
    That's a great place to start. Spirit Soldier Spriggan is one of the best 2-D shooters ever and my favorite PC Engine game. Too bad Spriggan Mk. II isn't nearly as much fun.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by schnuth View Post
    I also found a PC-FX for a good price and ended up grabbing it even though I didn't think I was going to buy many systems this trip.
    How much were the AV Famicom and PC-FX consoles, and which shops did you get them from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I imported fire pro wrestling d on the Dreamcast I'm loving it.

Chasing the chuckwagon. schnuth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Breetai View Post
    How much were the AV Famicom and PC-FX consoles, and which shops did you get them from?
    I picked up the PC-FX at Trader 2 for just under 5,000 yen. It was in the display case, and the guy was nice enough to point out I'd need a memory card too. The AV Famicom set me back another 5,000 yen at Friends. It didn't have an AC adapter, but I ended up getting a universal one for it and the SFC for cheap at another store. Both of these stores are in Akihabara.

Aaron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

Got this in the mail yesterday:

It's minty and cost me $27/shipped. Waiting on a couple of packages with a bunch of FDS and a couple of famicom cart games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got Final Romance R for the Sega Saturn.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

I picked up the PC-FX at Trader 2 for just under 5,000 yen. It was in the display case, and the guy was nice enough to point out I'd need a memory card too. The AV Famicom set me back another 5,000 yen at Friends. It didn't have an AC adapter, but I ended up getting a universal one for it and the SFC for cheap at another store. Both of these stores are in Akihabara.

Aaron
    Come to think of it, I was looking at your very PC-FX a few weeks ago. You just got back to your country, right? I seem to remember thinking something like "that PC-FX is a pretty good deal, expect I can't think of any games that I'd ever actually want to play on it. I'll just buy that Mega Drive instead...".

BTW, Which one is Trader 2? I can never remember. The one behind the Sega arcade, or the one on the main street that's been turning its second floor into a damned cosplay store and getting rid a lot of its stuff in discount bins? Whichever one was getting rid of their stuff for cheap, it helped me start both my Neo Geo CD and AES collections. http://www.digitpress.com/forum/imag.../0803_cool.gif

edit: nevermind, I just checked and Trader 2 is the one behind the Sega arcade under the Sobu line. I was referring to the other Trader store above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

Picked up a bunch of FDS stuff from ckendal on the cheap:

$100 for the whole lot.

Apple (Level 5) Lord Contaminous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PC Engine Ninja Spirit. Now I'm going to try to get my loose Ninja Spirit US TurboChip off my hands.

Chasing the chuckwagon. schnuth's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Come to think of it, I was looking at your very PC-FX a few weeks ago. You just got back to your country, right? I seem to remember thinking something like "that PC-FX is a pretty good deal, expect I can't think of any games that I'd ever actually want to play on it. I'll just buy that Mega Drive instead...".
    That's pretty awesome. I thought the same thing myself, but knew I'd probably kick myself later for not picking it up. I was hoping to find a decently priced Supergrafx but that wasn't meant to be.

Aaron

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Contaminous View Post
    PC Engine Ninja Spirit. Now I'm going to try to get my loose Ninja Spirit US TurboChip off my hands.
    Nice man maybe offer the loose to shawn carr2o he's been in the market for loose hucards lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

That's pretty awesome. I thought the same thing myself, but knew I'd probably kick myself later for not picking it up. I was hoping to find a decently priced Supergrafx but that wasn't meant to be.

Aaron
    I've never seen one. Same with the mystical low priced Wondermega I'm hoping to come across.

Then again, finding both a boxed PC Engine Duo and a boxed Neo Geo AES in the $50 range keeps my hope alive. A good priced Supergraphx and Wondermega are out there somewhere!

BTW, you should post a pic of your Puyo-Puyo collection sometime. My wife loves that series!
    Last edited by Breetai; 05-31-2009 at 05:23 AM.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I ended up with a copy of Initial D: Street Stage for PSP. A guy was looking to get rid of his PSP and Gamestop didn't take in import JPN titles so he gave it away.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never seen one. Same with the mystical low priced Wondermega I'm hoping to come across.

Then again, finding both a boxed PC Engine Duo and a boxed Neo Geo AES in the $50 range keeps my hope alive. A good priced Supergraphx and Wondermega are out there somewhere!

BTW, you should post a pic of your Puyo-Puyo collection sometime. My wife loves that series!
    My SuperGraphx was quite reasonably priced - I can't remember exactly how much but it was in the 5000 yen or less range, IIRC. Now the Wondermega... Sheesh, I never see those at any price, pretty much.

My low-priced find fantasies involve a cheap Supervision 8000 (+ games!), Creativision, or a PV-1000... Yah, good luck with those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by smork View Post
    My SuperGraphx was quite reasonably priced - I can't remember exactly how much but it was in the 5000 yen or less range, IIRC. Now the Wondermega... Sheesh, I never see those at any price, pretty much.

My low-priced find fantasies involve a cheap Supervision 8000 (+ games!), Creativision, or a PV-1000... Yah, good luck with those.
    If you find another Supergraphx in the 5000yen range, pick it up and I'll buy it from you! I still haven't come across a regular PC Engine (original or a Core Graphx I or II) other than the Duo I bought outside of the large shops.

My latest "great finds" were a Neo Geo Pocket Color (gray) for 525yen and Final Fight CD (Mega CD) for 315yen. Both were at Hard-Off. NGPCs are relatively common, so that wasn't a steal, but but was nice to finally pick one up for cheap. I'm really happy with finding Final Fight CD though, since I've never come across it outside of Akihabara and it was dirt cheap. Still had the spine card, even. Too bad I don't have a Mega CD to play it on. My Sega CD doesn't read Japanese games, so the only way I can play it is on my PC.

The only NGPC game I got was some pachinko game called "e-Cup". It was the only game they had and I needed something to test the system with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Download (PC Engine)

I laughed my ass off when I saw this.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got a small and long-coming batch from the man, smork.

Details:

PS1 controllers - SCPH-1010s, these were the launch model PlayStation controllers and exclusive to Japan. The pros? Short cable and smaller form factor than the normal SCPH-1080s that most are accustomed too. Reason? Good for adapters(mods), if the need arise.

V-Saturn controller - RG-CP6, obtained for cool look.

Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - NTSC-J, which means the elusive exclusive can be tested out without a GameShark. I'm referring to the Diablo GT.

Orbital - Simply a good bit Generations title.

Lode Runner The Legend Returns - Simple, fun, classic Lode Runner game-play.

Policenauts - I already have the PS1 original release iteration, which is the likely candidate for soonest to be translated but when the time comes for the Saturn version my Stunner and I will be prepared.

Sega Rally & Daytona CE - Good cheap racers on the Saturn.

GB Link cable - Since I didn't already have one.
    Last edited by fahlim003; 06-09-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Policenauts Limited Edition for Saturn (no spine card) - $AU2.25 on a rather lucky auction find. Honestly thought the guy would try to weasel out of the transaction. Normally I'd try to get one with a spine card, but this was too good a deal.

X-Men vs. Street Fighter for Saturn (w/ 4mb cart) - $AU34.95. Good condition, seems like nobody else in Australia is really after Japanese Saturn stuff, so I'm making out all right at the moment.

Kururin Squash for GameCube - new/sealed from Play Asia for $AU9.78. Just need the second one on the Game Boy Advance to complete the series.

Putting a hold on buying anything more for another couple of weeks, it's distracting me from working/saving. My fiancee and I have our eyes on a lot of stuff when we get back into it soon, but I think for now we should probably take a little time out to enjoy the stuff we've grabbed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Quote Originally Posted by MattK View Post
    X-Men vs. Street Fighter for Saturn (w/ 4mb cart) - $AU34.95. Good condition, seems like nobody else in Australia is really after Japanese Saturn stuff, so I'm making out all right at the moment.
    Oh my, I LOVE that game! I just picked up a new Saturn a few days ago and used that game to test it with. Like a lot of used Saturns, I had to fiddle with the cart to get it to recognize... but it worked eventually. I think I picked up my copy for about $5... but then again I live in Japan so it's doable. If you play it, it's definitely worth the $35 you paid.

My newest "import": a white Saturn with the instructions, cards, hook-ups, 2 controllers and plastic wrapping for 1500yen. Who the heck keeps the mail-in cards and plastic wrapping, but gets rid of the box? Oh well.