I suppose it had to happen afetr my Neo Geo Pocket Colour and my recent experience with my father's Game Boy Advance, but I find that my recent purchase of a Game Gear and a mess of games has been less than satisfying.

I know a lot of these games are direct ports of Master System games, and are therefore at least as good as some NES games (some of them, again) but they just don't seem as good on the Game Gear.

Let me rephrase that... I know a handheld game is not going to hold my interest like a game on a TV, but I had hoped for more. I mean, the thing is in color, the thing is big enough for my adult hands (unlike the GBA SP) and I have it hooked up with an ac cord so it's not heavy and it's not eating batteries like a mother. I should be getting some pleasure out of this thing, right?

It seems I've played my old Game Boy Pocket (no color, no light) a great deal more than my nice back-lit Game Gear in color. I have loads of games, and I've tried to get those games which I've heard are the best that the Game Gear has to offer. I'm just not spending much time with it.

Could anyone recommend some games that really make the Game Gear shine and show its true colours?

DAMN I wish Sega had made a "Super Game Gear" that would have plugged into the Genesis! Playing Game Gear games on a regular TV with a Genesis controller... that would have been SWEET

:/