Thread: Need a PIC: SMB/Duck Hunt Box

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need a PIC: SMB/Duck Hunt Box

Tried to find this, couldn't. Was there not a box for SMB/Duck Hunt combo? Could you not buy this seperately, since it came with most systems?

Seems strange, the cart is so plentiful... not so easy to find on google image search.

Thanks.
    -Mark

Wanted: Activision Patches - PM me.
    Wanted: Popful Mail Case/Manual - PM me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm pretty sure it was never released outside of an initial system bundle (at least in the US) or the box would be as plentiful as the cartridge. You have to remember that Nintendo left the NES out long past it's life cycle simply because it was so popular and the world was in love with Nintendo. I mean - they replaced Atari with being synonymous with video games just as Xerox with copiers or Kleenex with tissues. The amount of SMB / Duck Hunt carts in the wild compared to the numbers of NES consoles Nintendo sold is very reasonable.

There are "black box" versions of Super Mario Bros and Duck Hunt since the first release of the NES didn't have Super Mario Bros as a pack-in (was a Gyromite cart and a Duck Hunt cart). Speaking of which I'd like to know exactly why Duck Hunt was released as a single cartridge since that seems to be the game that was packaged with EVERY NES system (that had included games) regardless of release year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So.. no box. Oh well, I figured as much.

A note about the plentifulness of SMB/Duck Hunt. My friend once went to funcoland and SMB/Duck hunt was really down to 10 cents. He bought every cart they had and put them down as TILE in his bedroom. It was amazing. I wish I had a picture.
    -Mark

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no box for smb/dh....yet.
    I hope the creators shall not slay me for leaking detail, but I do know of a project currently underway to create a box for this and other nes pack-ins that had no box(SMB/DH/WCTM comes to mind....)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamino
    There is no box for smb/dh....yet.
    I hope the creators shall not slay me for leaking detail, but I do know of a project currently underway to create a box for this and other nes pack-ins that had no box(SMB/DH/WCTM comes to mind....)
    Oooh, more detail please! Even a hint...

More than a hint preferred.
    -Mark

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Speaking of which I'd like to know exactly why Duck Hunt was released as a single cartridge since that seems to be the game that was packaged with EVERY NES system (that had included games) regardless of release year.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was a stripped down NES that was sold only with SMB. Anybody?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poopnes
    Speaking of which I'd like to know exactly why Duck Hunt was released as a single cartridge since that seems to be the game that was packaged with EVERY NES system (that had included games) regardless of release year.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure there was a stripped down NES that was sold only with SMB. Anybody?
    Well, I don't think so. There was a Sports set (satellite/4controllers/nes world cup/super spike vball), Action Set (smb/duck hunt/gun), Deluxe Set (with ROB), Power Set (power pad), NES Control Deck Set (yawn), and the Challenge Set (with SMB 3 packed in).

I bet you were thinking of the Challenge Set.

Anyway, even if it came with it, it still wouldn't have the box.

Oh, and Kamino, I still hope for some info on that super secret project you mentioned.
    -Mark

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus
    Well, I don't think so. There was a Sports set (satellite/4controllers/nes world cup/super spike vball), Action Set (smb/duck hunt/gun), Deluxe Set (with ROB), Power Set (power pad), NES Control Deck Set (yawn), and the Challenge Set (with SMB 3 packed in).

I think he was getting techical with me about Duck Hunt being a pack-in. Yes, the later releases did not contain Duck Hunt but Duck Hunt was included with the NES (in one way or another) more than any other game Nintendo decided to shove in the box.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think he was getting techical with me about Duck Hunt being a pack-in. Yes, the later releases did not contain Duck Hunt but Duck Hunt was included with the NES (in one way or another) more than any other game Nintendo decided to shove in the box.
    I was trying to make sure I wasn't crazy.

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

Yawning at the NES Control Deck Set? That's all they had when I went with my months of saved allowance to buy a Nintendo. No game, but it did have "The Official Nintendo Player's Guide". They provided a book full of pictures of games, but no games. Thanks.
    The-Bavis

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

You are thinking of the first "control deck" set. It was the system, 2 controllers, and SMB. No light gun, no duck hunt.

IT's that I got when I was a kid .

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought all the SMB/Duck Hunts that Funcoland could get me (a large box, I think I have about 50) and I was going to make a rack for my NES games out of them. Well... I have way too many games now, so I can't use them lol

I got the very first NES... xmas of 86. Though I don't remember it coming with a game, as I got a small stack of games with it!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think selling separate copies of Duck Hunt in Europe was a result of that there was also some other packages. In europe I only knew there was the control deck (just system and two controller, no game), Turtles pack (Control deck with added sleeve for the added Turtles game), The Challenge Set (with SMB3) and the german package I forgot the name of (it was a NES with Forur Score, 4 controllers and the euro-only 3 in 1 containing SMB, Nintendo World Cup and Tetris (oh and this game also has have no box.)[/i]

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Yes, the first Control Deck set only had two controllers and SMB. That's it. No book, no Duck Hunt, no Light Gun -- those were all things my folks bought seperatly. They gave me the NES for Christmas of 1987.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    You are thinking of the first "control deck" set. It was the system, 2 controllers, and SMB. No light gun, no duck hunt.

Chris
    OK that's what I was thinking about. I thought there was a reason to sell Duck Hunt seperately. Don't know why they would, but they did have a reason.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So.. no box. Oh well, I figured as much.

A note about the plentifulness of SMB/Duck Hunt. My friend once went to funcoland and SMB/Duck hunt was really down to 10 cents. He bought every cart they had and put them down as TILE in his bedroom. It was amazing. I wish I had a picture.
    That's hella cool. Did he put glass over it? I should do that on top of my bar!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chris
    Yeah, I wasn't really sure. Found it now though:

-Mark

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Chris
    Yeah, I wasn't really sure. Found it now though:

Found one of these at a thrift once. One of the few "finds" i've ebayed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

"Zero Resistance, Fast Front Loading!"

...again, and again, and again, and blow, and again, and blow, and again, and again.. FINALLY!