Thread: Top/Bottom 5 pre-E3 games for 2005.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Top/Bottom 5 pre-E3 games for 2005.

Seen this topic on another forum, thought I would start one here.

Games I'm looking forward to so far this year, Pre-E3.

1. Pirates- Xbox

2. Stella Deus- PS2

3. Makai Kingdom-PS2

4. Fire Emblem- GCN

5. Grandia III- PS2

Bottom 5, games that I'm not anticipating too much.

1. Zelda GCN (too little too late, I don't care anymore)

2. Final Fantasy XII (being produced and directed by the maker of "Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics and Vagrant Story") so if this is different from the last 4 in the series, I might get excited.

3. Xbox 2 or 360 (too early for a new console in my opinion)

4. Mario 128 (again it's like Zelda, too little too late) it's like Nintendo is saying, sorry we f'ed up the first time.

5. Advance Wars Under Fire (yeah, let's take one of the best strategy game franchises to come around in years on a Nintendo system and turn it into a action game) ...idiots.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think mine is the complete opposite of yours
    if you can read this congratulations!! you can read

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah I agree with Kilik on this one. Microsoft and Sony better have some pretty decent tricks up their sleeves to get my attention to buy something THIS YEAR. I understand that PS3 is on the horizon and XBOX 2 is slated for this year, but on my Christmas wish list will definitely be Zelda. I want to find out as much about this as possible. And if Nintendo plays their cards right and releases the game on a decent date, it will sell flawlessly, and even be another "system seller" for their already inexpensive Cube. I am ready. Nintendo bring it on.
    #vbender

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik Kurosawa
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unbroken
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilik Kurosawa
    Especially on the Yasumi Matsuno... My own personal God.

And Advance Wars Under Fire is an RTS... not a straigt up action game. My only problem with it is the continued use of the Advance Wars Name. As if Nintendo forgot about Famicom Wars, Super Famicom Wars, Game Boy Wars... Advance should be left with Game Boy Advance. We need Game Cube / Cube Wars and DS wars...

My top List-

1. Revolution
    2. Zelda
    3. Super Mario 128
    4. FFXII
    5. Oddworld Fangus (if they show it...) Advance Wars: Under Fire (if they don't...)

bottum- 1.2.3.4.5. Next in Jak, Ratchet, and Sly... Mooooo!

Currently playing in my dreams: The Brutal Balad of Fangus Klot (Xbox) Citizen Siege (Xbox 360) Hand of Odd (Xbox 360)
    -----
    R.I.P. Oddworld Inhabitants - Long Live the Independent Developer!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grandamchandler
    Yeah I agree with Kilik on this one. Microsoft and Sony better have some pretty decent tricks up their sleeves to get my attention to buy something THIS YEAR. I understand that PS3 is on the horizon and XBOX 2 is slated for this year, but on my Christmas wish list will definitely be Zelda. I want to find out as much about this as possible. And if Nintendo plays their cards right and releases the game on a decent date, it will sell flawlessly, and even be another "system seller" for their already inexpensive Cube. I am ready. Nintendo bring it on.
    Please define "flawless" sales for me.

-- Z.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Meaning they will have no problem unloading every copy of the game before the end of the holiday season, ala Ocarina of Time.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I was wondering what he meant too buy saying "it will sell flawlessly". My guess was he was referring to how wind waker kind of had some backlash because some Zelda fans said it looked too "cute". I guess it could mean they are going to sell a lot of copies. I am glad I did not ask first.

ServBot (Level 11) Lemmy Kilmister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GobopopRevisited
    Especially on the Yasumi Matsuno... My own personal God.
    No doubt. In the first time in quite awhile I'm actually excited about a new Final Fantasy game. I mean, how couldn't I be? All you need to do is look at Matsuno record with Quest and Square to see he does nothing but quality games.

However, is Final Fantasy 12 even coming out for the PS2 still? I really haven't heard anything about the game in months, and it's not like I haven't looked around. Was it canned or something? I know it will probably come out sooner or later, but you'd figure with such a high caliber franchise as Final Fantasy you would see some more info.

Games I'm looking forward to so far this year, Pre-E3.

1. Pirates- Xbox

2. Stella Deus- PS2

3. Makai Kingdom-PS2

4. Fire Emblem- GCN

5. Grandia III- PS2
    I don't know, his list looks pretty good to me. I'm always up for a new Atlus RPG, Fire Emblem and especially a new Grandia game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Top/Bottom 5 pre-E3 games for 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGeorgeJohnson
    Bottom 5, games that I'm not anticipating too much.
    1. Zelda GCN (too little too late, I don't care anymore)

4. Mario 128 (again it's like Zelda, too little too late) it's like Nintendo is saying, sorry we f'ed up the first time.
    Cool thread!

But Wow, I think you might be the only one that thinks that about the new mario and ESPCIALLY the new Zelda. I am so glad that Nintendo doesn't just SPIT these titles out every year or every other year.

My list of most anticipated things to see at E3 are:
    1. Nintendo Revoution
    2. Zelda - GC
    3. Mario 128
    4. New SMB and Mario Kart for DS
    5. Geist for GC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

I'm looking forward to...

Zelda (Cube)
    Meteos (DS)
    Castlevania (DS)
    Katamari Damacy 2 (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

I'm curious about...
    Killer 7 (Cube, PS2)
    Animal Crossing (DS)
    KoF Rebout and Samurai Shodown 5 (Xbox)
    Grand Theft Auto (PSP)
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Holy Crap. Someone remind me to NEVER use the word "flawlessly" ever again? I really didn't mean to cause any trouble guys! I just meant that they will not be able to print enough copies to keep up with the demand! Also, in my personal OPINION, I believe that this game will be GOTY, unless there is some other surprise at E3 that I nor anyone else is aware of yet, and this is also considering if Nintendo even gets the title out the door on time.

If, If, If!

Sorry again if my post caused too much controversy!

-Chris
    #vbender

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking forward to

1. Tales of Legendia
    2. Romancing SaGa
    3. Dragon Quest 8

Wish they'd show

1. Final Fantasy 3 DS
    2. Popolocrois PSP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by zmweasel

As for "semantics," I genuinely want a definition of "flawless" sales. One million copies? Two million copies? And where did Graham come up with the thought of "another system seller," when the GameCube hasn't had a single killer app yet? Not even GOTY candidate Resident Evil 4 could make GameCubes sell.

-- Z.
    I submit to you that Smash Bros is the Cube's system seller.

Of course, this is where you bitch and moan about how "it's no seller like Halo", but to be honest Halo also had much more mainstream appeal. For what it was, it's sold retardedly well, and I know a plethora of people who bought cubes just for that game (and RE4, admittingly). I'm among them.

That said, I'm looking forward to Zelda, but not really having a clue what the hell else is coming out this year, not much other than that.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
    I submit to you that Smash Bros is the Cube's system seller.

Of course, this is where you bitch and moan about how "it's no seller like Halo", but to be honest Halo also had much more mainstream appeal. For what it was, it's sold retardedly well, and I know a plethora of people who bought cubes just for that game (and RE4, admittingly). I'm among them.

That said, I'm looking forward to Zelda, but not really having a clue what the hell else is coming out this year, not much other than that.
    The only games to sell like Halo in this generation of hardware are the GTAs, so I don't consider SSBM a failure by that impossible standard. But it's a great-selling game on a poor-selling system, not a hardware-moving killer app.

Also, with statements like "for what it was" and "Halo had much more mainstream appeal," you're destroying your own claim. A killer app inherently possesses mainstream appeal; it's a game everyone wants to play.

And keep in mind we're always dealing with the unwashed masses when we cite sales figures. Your friends may very well have purchased GameCubes just to play SSBM and/or RE4, but they're highly atypical hardcore gamers, not Wal-Mart shoppers.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

That implies that I have a plethora of friends. No, we're talking the average bum I may have talked to at some point, or a relative that just picked up a cube.

I disagree on your claim of what a killer app is, though-final fantasy 10 is a "killer app" but I sure as hell wouldn't call it a game everyone wants to play. It is a popular game for the system, though, and in my eyes that's what it takes. Smash Bros being a popular game on the cube, would thusly fall into my definition of a killer app.

Why the fuck are we even talking about this in THIS thread of all places, anyway?
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GobopopRevisited

bottum- 1.2.3.4.5. Next in Jak, Ratchet, and Sly... Mooooo!
    I think the Jak series is done.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Now that this thread is safe to post in and back on topic...

I'm definitely interested in Fire Emblem for GameCube. I predict that it may very well end up being my favorite GameCube game ever made, if the quality of the past games are any indication.

Also interested to see if Radiata Stories is REALLY going to make an appearance and get a US release. I'm nervous about how a US localization would go after Star Ocean 3...

And I want to know if Chulip is still alive. o_O

That's about it. To be honest, E3 doesn't get me all giddy and excited like with other people. For the most part, I don't care about it. To me, the Tokyo Game Show is MUCH more important; that's where the creation of games are announced and you get to see lots of new stuff. I look at E3 news and people are like "Check out all this hot new stuff!", and I'm thinking "Yeah, I only saw that and learned about it a year ago". But considering I don't buy a lot of brand new stuff, I don't care about the TGS much either. :P

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Also interested to see if Radiata Stories is REALLY going to make an appearance and get a US release. I'm nervous about how a US localization would go after Star Ocean 3...
    Yep, it's going to be at E3. Square Enix has already sent out a screenshot and press release:

"RADIATA STORIES is the latest PlayStation®2 fantasy RPG by tri-Ace, developer of Valkyrie Profile and the Star Ocean series for the PlayStation®2. An emotional story about the conflict between humans and fairy creatures is complemented by a new gameplay system that draws the player deep into the game. Enter a never-before-seen living, breathing world where all of the characters live their own lives and the passage of time brings about remarkable changes. Your choices determine which of over 150 individuals will lend you a hand in your journey. Precise, easy-to-use controls allow you to add strategies to real-time battles through various changes in your party’s formation. Radiata Stories is slated for release in Fall 2005. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB. This title is not officially concept approved by Sony Computer Entertainment America."

This being Square Enix, you can rest assured that it'll clear the concept-approval department.

And I want to know if Chulip is still alive. o_O
    Me, too! I haven't heard anything out of Natsume in forever.

-- Z.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I want to hear Namco X Capcom announced for an American release.

In a more reasonable vein, I'd like to see the latest on Final Fantasy XII. Square-Enix has been surprisingly quiet about it, and rumors persist that it's hitting development problems. I also want to find out what's up with Code Age.

Shadow of the Colossus is high on my list as well, though it's coming along much more smoothly.

Not that I follow only Japanese developers, but I can't think of many Western titles to seek out this year. The Longest Journey 2 and Sigma Star Saga come to mind, but that's about it. I’m actually more excited about the extremely slim chance that someone will pick up a few of the canceled games from last year, like the Red Star or, dare I dream, Sam and Max: Freelance Police.

Perhaps there’ll be a nice surprise or two.
    Kidfenris.com: Never Updated.