Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The "Official" Let's hate and flame Anthony1 post

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The "Official" Let's hate and flame Anthony1 post

If you are reading this thread for the first time, please understand that this thread started off as a thread about what loose SNES games get good money on Ebay. Then I did a number of other threads regarding the Game Gear and GameBoy and GameBoy color and the Dreamcast. All of those threads were closed by a mod, and then the mod retitled this thread "loose games for "ANY SYSTEM" that get good $ on Ebay". I had nothing to do with that, and I would never try to inquire about that kind of information for every system, but the Mod decided to title it like that. Then this thread started to really get going as a everybody hate on Anthony1 thread, and I decided to just change the title to a much more logical title.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread........

Ok, I've seen the DP rarity guide. I've studied it in fact. But the DP guide and Ebay are like two different worlds. Sometimes the paths cross and a game that the DP guide has valued really high, gets big money on Ebay too, but sometimes games that aren't valued to high in the DP guide also get big money on Ebay, and sometimes some games valued kinda high in the DP guide don't get much of anything on Ebay, so I thought we could have a nice little discussion here about which loose SNES carts consistently get good money on Ebay.

What do I mean by good money? Basically any game that consistently gets $10 or more in final bid price if the shipping is about $5 or so. So basically a combo of shipping and final bid price of $15 or more, on a relatively consistent basis.

Also, which games do you feel are the absolute cream of the crop, in terms of getting the absolute most money, even though they are just loose SNES carts?

Doing some research on it, these are some games that I have determined that get some pretty good money:

Mega Man X3
    Chrono Trigger
    Earthbound
    Final Fantasy III
    Castlevania: Dracula X
    Super Mario RPG
    Final Fantasy II
    Secret of Mana
    Harvest Moon
    Ogre Battle
    Breath of Fire II
    Lufia II
    Mega Man X2
    Metal Warriors
    Bust A Move - not sure about this one
    Super Metroid
    Rock N Roll Racing
    Contra III: Alien Wars
    Yoshi's Island

I'm sure there are many more, and some that definitely pull way more than others.

Here's a little look at the DP guide for a comparison:

DP Rarity Guide for SNES

$200

Starfox Super Weekend Cartridge - Nintendo - R9 - $200 L

$150

Donkey Kong Country Competition Edition - Nintendo - R9 - $150 L (comes in green plastic case)
    Exertainment Mountain Bike Rally / Speed Racer - Life Cycle - R8 - $150 L

$30

Mega Man X3 - Capcom - R4 - $30 L
    Chrono Trigger - Square - R2 - $30 L
    Final Fantasy III - Square - R2 - $30 L
    Final Fantasy II - Square - R2 - $30 L
    Extertainment Mountain Bike Rally - Life Cycle - R6 - $30 L

$25

Castlevania: Dracula X - Konami - R3 - $25 L
    Earthbound - Nintendo - R2 - $25 L
    Harvest Moon - Natsume - R4 - $25 L
    Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals - Natsume - R3 $25 L
    Breath of Fire II - Capcom - R3 - $25 L
    Ninja Gaiden Trilogy - Tecmo - R4 - $25 L
    Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen - Enix - R4 - $25 L
    Final Fight Guy - Capcom - R6 - $25 L
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire - Koei - R4 - $25 L
    PTO 2: Pacific Theater of Operations - Koei - R4 - $25 L
    Super Bomberman Party Pak - Hudson - R5 - $25 L
    Uncharted Waters: New Horizons - Koei - R4 - $25 L
    Aero Fighters - Mc O'River - R8 - $25 L

$20

Mega Man X2 - Capcom - R2 - $20 L
    Mega Man 7 - Capcom - R2 - $20 L
    Kirby Super Star: 8 Games in 1! - Nintendo - R3 - $20 L
    Secret of Mana - Square - R2 - $20 L
    Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest - Square - R2 - $20 L
    Aerobiz: Supersonic - Koei - R5 - $20 L
    Metal Warriors - Konami - R3 - $20 L
    Tecmo Secret of the Stars - Tecmo - R4 - $20 L
    Ultima VII: The Black Gate - FCI - R5 - $20 L
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms III - Dragon/Destiny - Koei - R4 - $20 L
    Genghis Khan 2: Clan of the Grey Wolf - Koei - R4 - $20 L
    Operation Europe: Path to Victory 1939 -45 - Koei - R4 - $20 L
    PTO: Pacific Theater of Operations - Koei - R3 - $20 L
    Mr. Do! - Black Pearl - R4 - $20 L
    E.V.O.: Search for Eden - Enix - R4 - $20 L
    Act Raiser 2 - Enix - R4 - $20 L
    The Miracle Piano Teaching System - SW Toolworks - R7 - $20 L
    Super Noah's Ark 3-D - Wisdom Tree - R6 - $20 L
    Zero: The Kamikazee Squirrel - Sunsoft - R7 - $20 L
    War 3010: The Revolution - Advanced Prod - R6 - $20 L

$18

Mario Paint with SNES mouse - Nintendo - R1 - $18 L (needs to have mouse)

$15

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Nintendo - R3 - $15 L
    Lufia & The Fortress of Doom - Taito - R1 - $15 L
    Chavez II - Amer Softworks - R8 - $15 L
    Fun 'n Games - Tradewest - R8 - $15 L
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 - Nintendo - R5 - $15 L
    Breath of Fire - Square - R2 - $15
    Pocky & Rocky 2 - Natsume - R6 - $15 L
    Metal Marines - Namco - R4 - $15 L
    Soldiers of Fortune - Spectrum Holobyte - R6 - $15 L
    Sonic Blast Man 2 - Taito - R6 - $15 L
    Soul Blazer - Enix - R3 - $15 L
    Final Fight 3 - Capcom - R4 - $15 L
    Gemfire - Koei - R4 - $15 L
    J.R.R. Tolkein's The Lord of the Rings - Interplay - R2 - $15 L
    Liberty or Death - Koei - R4 - $15 L
    Mega Man's Soccer - Capcom - R2 - $15 L
    Might & Magic III: The Isles of Terra - FCI - R5 - $15 L
    Nobunaga's Ambition: Lord of Darkness - Koei - R5 - $15 L
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms II - Koei - R3 - $15 L
    Star Trek: Starfleet Academy - Interplay - R3 - $15 L
    Super Solitaire - Extreme - R6 - $15 L
    Super Turrican 2 - Ocean - R7 - $15 L
    Ultima: Runes of Virtue II - FCI - R2 - $15L
    Uncharted Waters - Koei - R3 - $15 L
    Utopia: The Creation of a Nation - Jaleco - R4 - $15 L
    War 2410 - Advanced Prod - R4 - $15 L
    Wild Guns - Natsume - R5 - $15 L
    Wizardry V: Heart of the Maelstrom - Capcom - R2 - $15 L

$14

Math Blaster Episode 1 - Davidson - R6 - $14 L

$12

Illusion of Gaia - Nintendo - R1 - $12 L
    Secret of Evermore - Square - R2 - $12 L
    Rock N Roll Racing - Interplay - R3 - $12 L
    Super Bomberman 2 - Hudson - R2 - $12 L
    Super Ninja Boy - Culture Brain - R4 - $12 L
    The Adventures of Kid Kleetz - Ocean - R7 - $12 L
    Mr. Nutz - Ocean - R6 - $12 L
    Dream TV - Triffix - R6 - $12 L
    No Escape - Sony - R7 - $12 L
    Prince of Persia 2 - Titus - R6 - $12 L
    Q*Bert 3 - NTVIC - R5 - $12 L
    Musya: Classic Japanese Tale of Horror - Seta - R4 - $12 L
    Realm - Titus - R6 - $12 L
    Mohak & Headphone Jack - Black Pearl - R5 - $12 L
    Dragon View: Drakkhen 2 - Kemco - R4 $12 L
    Sid Meier's Civilization - Koei - R4 - $12 L
    The Ren & Stimpy Show: Fire Dogs - T*HQ - R7 - $12 L
    Rex Ronan: Experimental Surgeon - Raya Systems - R4 - $12 L
    SimAnt - Maxis - R6 - $12 L
    Time Trax - Malibu - R5 - $12 L
    Soccer Shootout - Capcom - R6 - $12 L

Now if you look at that list, there are alot of games ranked pretty high, that I never see on Ebay, and when I do, sometimes they don't fetch very high bids. Stuff like Genghis Khan and PTO and Uncharted Waters and Romance of the Three Kingdoms and stuff like that. So what games are the highest ranked ones on the DP rarity guide that get the least amount of money on Ebay?

Anyways, this discussion is just to help myself and people like myself that find lots of SNES games in the wild, games that we necessarily aren't interested in personally, but that maybe we should buy and sell on Ebay to help pay for other games that we really want. So that is what this is all about. So everybody that is very knowledgeable about Ebay prices for loose SNES carts, please help out!!!!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel like I am quite knowledgable about the ebay prices. The only way to figure it out is to do it for a while. Also look on Amazon.com / Half.com prices to get another angle at it. Many of the games that do not come up often get low bids. I sell them on Amazon.com or my ebay store at a fixed price in order to get the right price for them. Auctioning was hit and miss for me but the ebay store worked out great and so did selling on Amazon.com / Half.com. I was buying Earthbound on ebay for anytime I could get it for less than $30 inc shipping (ie I bid on almost all of them) and turning around and selling them on Amazon for $55 - $60. The best advice I can give you is to study it until you get a handle on it. You will see that seasons matter a lot (spring is hot season, summer cooler, fall drop off, winter pick back up, in my experience). People thought I was crazy for selling some of my games for the prices I did, but I got what I was asking most of the time. Quality games are always going to be worth more (people love rpgs and the popular games). When a game is released on GBA, it will cause a drop off in the SNES price very quickly. With rare games, it is almost not worth buying unless it is complete or comes with box or manual. Complete games get a much better price in any case. It takes a long time to sell a collection piece by piece (about a year for me, and I am winding it up and moving on). I started for the money, moved on to a collection, had issues with my wife over it and started selling it off, made a decent profit. It was fun but stressful and involved. I would recommend if you are going to do this seriously, get into many different types of systems to even out the rise and fall in demand for different systems. In my experience, the more I paid for a game, the less I was able to profit from it (ie paid $32 for chrono, sell for $45, paid $5 for DKC3, sell for $20 or $25). Good luck.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I payed almost 40 for a loose Aero Fighters on ebay and saw a another loose copy sell the very next day for 65.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You always make huge topics. Do you want alot of mesetas? hehe

Anyways, I agree with you. Many games in the DP guide are much lower than what they acctualy are sold for on Ebay.

Take for example Flintstone 2 for NES. In the rarity guide it says $60 for a loose copy, but the ones i've seen on ebay have been sold for atleast the double.
    But its very hard to make a guide that is 100% correct price since the price may variate from day to day and place to place.

I usualy dont follow the prices in the rarity guide, but I think its a great guide to check aproximate rarity

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes and Mario RPG I usually get about $30 for on ebay. I wasn't aware there was a competition cartridge for DK for the SNES system - but the 64 one goes for like $250 -300.

I buy lots from pawn shops and people (thru a newspaper ad) and some other boards. I picked up an amazing lot of 20 SNES For $100 last month:
    FF2
    FF3
    Chrono Trig
    Mario RPG
    megaman
    plus others but those alone I sold for $140

Ebay has that feature though that gives average prices per game - so I usually price on the higher side and give free s/h w/BIN.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree the prices some games go for on ebay are pretty insane. I bought Super Mario RPG for $35 shipped off Ebay a while ago. I've been trying to hunt down a copy of Mega Man x2 and x3 for a while now, as well as Yoshi's Island. I refuse to pay the prices that they sell on ebay for however. But hey if anyone has these to sell at a reasonable price then I would be very interested!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Let me just say that the above list is getting printed out and being put in my DP advance guide. I am HIGHLY impressed by this post. I always wished that there could be a list just like this one for every system, listing the highest valued items first, even in categories like you have done! I encourage you to do lists like this for the other systems if you desire! Kudos to you Anthony1!

-Chris
    #vbender

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grandamchandler
    Let me just say that the above list is getting printed out and being put in my DP advance guide. I am HIGHLY impressed by this post. I always wished that there could be a list just like this one for every system, listing the highest valued items first, even in categories like you have done! I encourage you to do lists like this for the other systems if you desire! Kudos to you Anthony1!

-Chris

It's funny you say that, because I'm actually working on lists right now for most of the major systems from NES to Dreamcast.

However, my lists are going to be a little bit different. I'm going to combine information from Ebay and DP together. The values of the games will be based more on Ebay, and the raritys more on the DP guide. But it's going to take me a long time to do the whole deal.

Actually it would be sweet if we could get a group of people that would all work together on it.

Maybe I'll do a post about that in the "video gaming" forum and see if I can get some volunteers to help work on it. We can keep the information private, so as to not piss people off that don't want Ebay values to be well known, but us DP members that are interested in it, could trade it amonst ourselves, so that we would have a good guide to bring with us to flea markets,etc, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

I think you should add Mr. Do! to your list. It always goes for $10+ on ebay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Anthony, can you not just make one post somewhere that says, "I want to buy stuff cheap to resell"? Do we have to have one for every system?

Which loose SNES carts consistently get good $ on Ebay?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59476

Any loose Genny carts worth more than 20 snaps?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55932

loose Atari 2600 carts at thrift stores - valuations
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=53505

Anybody a Ebay expert on NES game prices?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33264

Do any U.S. Dreamcast games get big $ on Ebizzle?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59662

Do any Game Gear games get good $ on Ebay?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59664

Do any GB games or GB color games get $ on Ebay?
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=59663

Typical prices of used consoles from 2600 to XBOX????
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52747

You want to buy loose stuff and make money from it on eBay, WE GET IT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Good luck getting Megaman X3 on ebay for $30... that would be a STEAL. I've been watching for months and I don't think I've seen a loose one go for less than $60.

Gag

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leaving this thread open for everyone to report to Anthony1 on how much every game since the dawn of time gets on ebay so that he can flip a bunch of crap he just bought at GameCrazy.

Hey Anthony1... what's happening? You wanna ask about the prices of every game on ebay, go ahead. Just quit clogging up the board with the same exact question over and over and over in different threads with [ insert game platform name here ] mmmkay? Thaaaanks.

*goes back to sipping beverage from mug*

-50 meseta for disregarding the rules :

The more unnecessary threads you create shuffle other member’s posts off the front page. Also, to conserve space, mods may combine topics at their discretion.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics
    Leaving this thread open for everyone to report to Anthony1 on how much every game since the dawn of time gets on ebay so that he can flip a bunch of crap he just bought at GameCrazy.

Hey Anthony1... what's happening? You wanna ask about the prices of every game on ebay, go ahead. Just quit clogging up the board with the same exact question over and over and over in different threads with [ insert game platform name here ] mmmkay? Thaaaanks.

*goes back to sipping beverage from mug*

-50 meseta for disregarding the rules :

The more unnecessary threads you create shuffle other member’s posts off the front page. Also, to conserve space, mods may combine topics at their discretion.

Ok, look, the reason that I've been doing so many of these posts recently, is because of this Game Crazy sale. I figure that I have a very limited amount of time before every relatively valuable game is snapped up. When it comes to Dreamcast, Game Gear, Game Boy & Game Boy Color I don't have any idea about their values. I could check the DP guide, but the DP guides and Ebay are two different animals.

Now of course I could do tons of searches on Ebay to obtain this information, and that's normally what I do, but if you've ever tried to do that with dial up, then you know that it takes several hours just to get a tiny little bit of info about it. I was just hoping that some of the DP guys here could quickly point me towards the key games for those particular systems that are in high demand, so I have a chance to buy a few before they completely dissapear.

In response to the whole Ebay Profiteer thing and flipping games on Ebay, well I have a total of 146 transactions on Ebay over a 4 year period.

That's like 3 transactions per month. So if that is a Ebay Profiteer, then yes, I'm definitely a Ebay Profiteer.

The reality, is that I do have a regular day job, but all my money from that job goes to my high as hell mortgage, my kids educations, etc, etc, etc. No money left over for all my video game related desires. The only way I can get any money to actually participate in this hobby is by finding games that maybe I don't happen to want, but I know are worth something and selling them or trading them to get what I actually want.

Is it so wrong of me to want to make some money off some games to try to finance my pursuit of everything TG-16 and PC Engine related?

Do you know how much issues of Die Hard Game Fan cost?

Unfortunately, I'm pretty poor, from an economical standpoint, if you want to get down to the crux of it, and I "NEED" to sell games on Ebay otherwise I couldn't buy shit from a games standpoint.

Also, I would like to respond to the whole spam thing.

If you were to check a large number of my posts, you would see that I try to really dig deep into topics and I spend alot of time trying to explain my rationale and I like to get into some nice discussions. I'm not the type of guy that likes to have a ton of unnessary posts. Do I ask alot of questions? Yes. The reason why is that there are very knowledgeable people here that can answer them extremely fast and this is a great help to me.

I try to use the search button, but alot of times I can't really find the info that I'm looking for. So I ask a quick question. Also, if you look at my history, you might notice that sometimes I will dissapear for a few months at a time, and then I will come back and have a flurry of topics. That's just how I operate.

But the bottom line of all of this is that I think I contribute a hell of alot in terms of interesting topics and insights. Are all of my topics intelligent and insightfull? No. But I would like to think that more than 50 percent of them are.

Anyways, I just think that I'm very much being missinterpreted as far as this whole thing goes. Okay, maybe I ask too many questions some times, but the questions are different. If I see a topic that says, "What are the most valuable Game Gear games" and I know about Game Gear games, then I will respond right away. But if I see a topic that says, What are the most valuable loose games for "EVERY SYSTEM" I won't respond to that, because I really don't know what they are, but maybe I know what the Game Gear ones are. That's why I think they really should be totally seperate questions, and legitimate questions.

Maybe I should just ask one at a time and wait before asking another one, but these are totally seperate things. They really shouldn't be combined.

Seacrest out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK the sum of your post'S is asking what games are worth RIGHT .........the games are only worth WHAT your WILLing to pay for them, The rarity guide is just a guide line..a good starting number or nice round number, i have looked there and some stuff I have that is in the guide there are no price's for ,so what dose that mean is it worth alot or alittle that up to the person that wants that item im selling ! SO what someone might spent $300 for a game tha might be worth $5 .......so who the F*(k cares ...pay what you can or able to pay! the FACT is this, this goes for new or old system's spend what u want alot or alittle ......................ALL in all pay what u want to pay for a game I fell no one care that someone over payed for a game...if you wanted that game and u will pay for it IT................SO what ......

dose that answer your question about what games are worth
    GOD i hope so

agar1978
    sorry for sounding like an ass ...but this thread could go for years

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by agar1978
    OK the sum of your post'S is asking what games are worth RIGHT .........the games are only worth WHAT your WILLing to pay for them, The rarity guide is just a guide line..a good starting number or nice round number, i have looked there and some stuff I have that is in the guide there are no price's for ,so what dose that mean is it worth alot or alittle that up to the person that wants that item im selling ! SO what someone might spent $300 for a game tha might be worth $5 .......so who the F*(k cares ...pay what you can or able to pay! the FACT is this, this goes for new or old system's spend what u want alot or alittle ......................ALL in all pay what u want to pay for a game I fell no one care that someone over payed for a game...if you wanted that game and u will pay for it IT................SO what ......

dose that answer your question about what games are worth
    GOD i hope so

agar1978
    sorry for sounding like an ass ...but this thread could go for years

Well, sorry to be an ass but I hope you are 12 years old. Otherwise you must have been sleeping during every English class that you had.

As for your take on games being worth what I would be willing to pay for them, you simply don't understand what I'm asking.

I'm a "cheapassgamer" so I wouldn't pay hardly anything for games, I more trying to find out what "other" people pay for them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    I'm a "cheapassgamer" so I wouldn't pay hardly anything for games, I more trying to find out what "other" people pay for them.
    i don't agree with what you are doing. there is a topic at CAG specifically for trading old school games anyone may have picked up. if your looking to make a profit, go for it, but do your own research since you're the only one who will be benefiting from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

i don't agree with what you are doing. there is a topic at CAG specifically for trading old school games anyone may have picked up. If your looking to make a profit, go for it, but do your own research since you're the only one who will be benefiting from it.
    Anyone who resells can benefit from such discussion. Don't "agree" with it then don't participate. I don't have much to add but once a list is finalized I'd love to see it.

Adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry maybe its me but I've always felt that there was a word for a person who continuously posts annoying message after annoying message asking other people to help him make lots of money.

Can anyone guess what that word is?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I'm sorry maybe its me but I've always felt that there was a word for a person who continuously posts annoying message after annoying message asking other people to help him make lots of money.

Can anyone guess what that word is?
    Lots of people use the word TROLL

I prefer to use the word DOUCHEBAG.

Anthony, when are you gonna catch the hint that we really don't like you?

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Man, lookit all the mesta this guy's made posting thes elong winded topics...
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)