Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "Official" Let's hate and flame Anthony1 post

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

4 years ago I decided to try to make some extra money from a lot of the games I was seeing at Pawn Shops and Flea Markets and Yard Sales.

I spent 6 months on Ebay researching the games for EVERY system and making lists for myself.

I didn't ask anyone for help or bother anyone. I figured if I was going to try to profit off of games I was buying anyway I would do the research and work myself.

I think coming in here and asking other people to do it for you is just plain Lazy.

I'm quickly losing respect for you Anthony1.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    4 years ago I decided to try to make some extra money from a lot of the games I was seeing at Pawn Shops and Flea Markets and Yard Sales.

I spent 6 months on Ebay researching the games for EVERY system and making lists for myself.

I didn't ask anyone for help or bother anyone. I figured if I was going to try to profit off of games I was buying anyway I would do the research and work myself.

I think coming in here and asking other people to do it for you is just plain Lazy.

I'm quickly losing respect for you Anthony1.
    I did pretty much the same thing except I concentrated on SNES since it was my favorite. I think you will get nowhere on a post like this, because it is just too involved. Part of being a business man is figuring this out for yourself. Search on Amazon for all games for a system, order by price high to low, and view through the pages. Do the same over and over on every site for every system for every day for a while and you will either figure it out or give it up. And the lists are very helpful to keep. You will make mistakes because it is unavoidable.
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Hey Anthony, what happened to those great topics you once posted?
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This should not turn into "Beat up on Anthony1"
    SNES Collector
    My collection: <a href=http://www32.brinkster.com/v1richstore/MyCollection/MyCollection.htm>Plain Text</a> Always willing to Buy/Sell/Trade
    <a href=http://stores.ebay.com/retrogamingheadquarters?&refid=store>My Ebay Store</a>

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I did the posts about asking which games sell for the most on Ebay for Game Gear, Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Dreamcast, I wasn't asking people to list like 15 games or more or anything.

I was just hoping that somebody could list a couple of them.

I don't expect anybody to do all the work for me. The reason I threw those 3 topics out there is because all my area Game Crazy's are being totally pilfered right now. So anything even remotely valuable is being snapped up quickly. I was running out of time and was hoping that maybe somebody could mention a few games for those systems that happen to do well on Ebay.

I wasn't looking for any list or anything like that. Just a few games. I don't think that's asking people to do the work for me. I thought that some of the people here would know a few games off the top of their head and it would only take them like 10 seconds to reply to it.

I am working on lists for all systems and I'm doing the searches and figuring all of that out, but as anybody that has tried this would know, it's a very long and drawn out process, especially for somebody with dial up. But I'm working on that project, and I expect it to take me several months to actually have decent lists for the systems that I focus on, and certainly I wasn't expecting anybody to give me any of that kind of information.

I was just trying to get the names of a few games for those systems to concentrate on, if they happened to have had one in stock.

I did some research on it last night and I determined that these Game Boy Color games seem to ones to get:

1. Pokemon Diamond
    2. Harvest Moon 3
    3. Hello Kitty Cube Frenzy
    4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Now, I might be wrong, because I certainly didn't have enough time to research it thuroughly, but those seemed to be some of them that seem to get some bids and some $ on Ebay.

But when I was doing that post, my idea was that somebody here would probably know those games off the top of their head, and could reply with those games in a matter of seconds. I wasn't expecting any drawn out lists or anything, just a few games, so that when I went to the local Game Crazy's again, I would know what the heck to look for.

The main issue for me was that I had a very limited amount of time before all these things were gone. So I was hoping somebody could help me out with the names of a few games.

It wasn't a big deal really, it's not like I was asking for the secrets of the universe or something.

By the way, I did some research on Game Gear games and I determined that they really don't get much money at all, but if you are going to buy any, then the 3 that attract some attention are:

Marble Madness
    that Shining Force game, forget the exact name
    Sonic Drift 2

Again, this was after very limited research, so I could be way, way off base on that.

As for GameBoy and Dreamcast, I didn't have enough time to do any research on those, so I still have no idea about them.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anthony,

If you check the DP guide, there prices pretty much reflect the most expensive games on Ebay. The DP prices might not be perfect, but if a game is expensive in the guide, its gonna sell for alot on Ebay, that is for sure!
    I don't know much about Gameboy, but I don't think there are that many games that are worth a whole bunch.
    For Playstation there is Suikoden 2, which gets around $100 complete.
    For SNES you should look for Chrono Trigger, FF 2/3, Earthbound, Megaman X2/X3, Aero Fighters.

I think most of the members here are getting somewhat annoyed with your posting methods. Mainly because it seems that most (if not all) of your posts are about making money off of video games, and not playing/collecting them.
    Don't get me wrong, I too like to make a buck here or there, but I don't buy games on a daily basis just so that I can make money on them.

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Ok, look, the reason that I've been doing so many of these posts recently, is because of this Game Crazy sale.
    That makes no sense at all. And even if it did, there's no need to CLOG UP THE BOARD with fifty identical topics. This isn't the first, or even the second or third time you've been warned about this kind of behavior.

If you were to check a large number of my posts, you would see that I try to really dig deep into topics and I spend alot of time trying to explain my rationale and I like to get into some nice discussions. I'm not the type of guy that likes to have a ton of unnessary posts.

You've got to be kidding. I can't think of anyone who has more unnecessary posts than you do.

Granted, not ALL of your posts are unnecessary, and in fact, you do come up with good topics every now and then. But really. Posting a dozen topics that are the exact same thing with one word changed out is ridiculous. If you don't get that by now, I'm done trying to explain it.

Anyways, I just think that I'm very much being missinterpreted as far as this whole thing goes.
    This, despite the fact that we've repeatedly asked you to stop posting redundant topics. I think that you just don't understand / listen.

What are the most valuable loose games for "EVERY SYSTEM" I won't respond to that, because I really don't know what they are, but maybe I know what the Game Gear ones are. That's why I think they really should be totally seperate questions, and legitimate questions.
    REQUEST DENIED.

Seacrest out.
    Finally! Some explanation as to why you're so annoying! It's Ryan Seacrest, gang!
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Look Anthony1, I'm gonna be serious for a moment. What's so difficult about doing what everyone else on these forums do? If you see a game in the wild that you don't know the value of pick it up if its priced reasonably. when you get home look it up on the DP Rarity list and then again on eBay. If you got a good deal then great, if you overpaid a little well then that's fine too if it was a game that you wanted or needed. But now you'll remember what that game was worth for next time you see it in the wild.

As someone else has already said, really what you're asking is what games you can resell at a profit to the same forum members that you're asking for help from. Why would we want to tell you how much more than what you paid you can charge us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I'm sorry maybe its me but I've always felt that there was a word for a person who continuously posts annoying message after annoying message asking other people to help him make lots of money.
    So let me see if I get this straight.

If there is no so such exisiting list, asking for a complete list of games of a given system is ok.

So is calling out the troops to put together a rarity list.

And a list of planned but unreleased titles.

And a list of known existing protos.

How about a list of games that are 4 players.

or a list of games that were re-released as player choice and g-hits.

There was even a request for a list of games that have monkeys in them.

But prices? Nope. That you can't ask for. You can't have help to complile a list of those. For that, you must do the work yourself.

You say HE is the greedy one. I say its those who would rather not see this information shared. If everyone has the same information it would be a level playing field. Whats the problem? Are you afraid he will go on a road trip to visit every gamestop in the US and buy each and every good $5 snes title?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    I'm sorry maybe its me but I've always felt that there was a word for a person who continuously posts annoying message after annoying message asking other people to help him make lots of money.
    So let me see if I get this straight.

If there is no so such exisiting list, asking for a complete list of games of a given system is ok.

So is calling out the troops to put together a rarity list.

And a list of planned but unreleased titles.

And a list of known existing protos.

How about a list of games that are 4 players.

or a list of games that were re-released as player choice and g-hits.

There was even a request for a list of games that have monkeys in them.

But prices? Nope. That you can't ask for. You can't have help to complile a list of those. For that, you must do the work yourself.

You say HE is the greedy one. I say its those who would rather not see this information shared. If everyone has the same information it would be a level playing field. Whats the problem? Are you afraid he will go on a road trip to visit every gamestop in the US and buy each and every good $5 snes title?
    I never once used the word greedy. The word I was referring to btw was Spammer. I also have no problem with the guy buying games and then trying to resell them, I think we all do that to some extent. What I do have a problem with is his asking us to help him make money off of us. I also have a problem with him creating a half dozen threads basically asking the same question. This my friend is a spammer. If you have no problem with it then give him your email address and let him email you sixteen times and day trying to mine you for all you know

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BuyAtari...there is a difference. I don't doubt that many people on this forum have lists similar to what Anthony1 is asking for. I know I do - it takes a couple hours every few months to update, and it's not much of a burden. If anyone wants the information, it's very easy to look up. A lot of people on this board resell - nothing wrong with that. But understand that helping collectors get information about their hobby and trade fairly is not the same as helping resellers make profit.

Furthermore, who wants to post that type of info on the net? Do we want this forum to be about how to make money selling games? Many of us still hunt for games in the wild to add to our collection - do we want the ebay values of everything collated on a google-accessible list? No.

Beyond that, though, a list of this type doesn't really have any meaning. Big value games tend to waver quite a bit in price over time - Super Metroid was selling for $35 not long ago, for instance. There's no such thing as an "ebay price" that stays constant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The hell.

If this topic was just gonna turn into a bash on Anthony, this should've been just locked then from the beginning.

He asked a legitimate question, granted, he has posted many threads on similar things. Annoying, yes, but I do not think half of the board has to get in a little insult on the guy.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFox
    The hell.

If this topic was just gonna turn into a bash on Anthony, this should've been just locked then from the beginning.
    Well, in all fairness it's not like we just picked Anthony1's name out of a hat and decided that we were going to flame him. He did provoke what's he's getting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    The hell.

Well, in all fairness it's not like we just picked Anthony1's name out of a hat and decided that we were going to flame him. He did provoke what's he's getting.
    Granted, that is a valid point and I know its not random flaming, but I still don't think that this is really necessary.
    ~~~GrayFox~~~
    Current thoughts and published articles = http://grayfoxtastical.1up.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like anyone could even know that.

If Anthony1 is going to continue to post the same thing in the same thread over and over and over and over and over and over, DESPITE being asked not to about a million times, he deserves whatever responses he gets, good or bad. Maybe one of these days, he'll stop and listen.

That said, let's keep the responses here on target. If you want to post prices for every game Anthony1 listed in his other spam-o-rama posts (I'm not about to list them all here again - I've wasted enough time addressing this issue already. Look them up or Anthony can post what games he's wanting prices on), please do. If not, there are plenty of other topics here to respond to.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow. At first after reading this thread, and what it turned into I started to get kinda pissed off. But now, it's so over the top that it's actually very funny.

People seem to be forgetting that I have done tons of topics on these boards that have led to some seriously intriguing discusssions.

But no, I guess we should just throw all of those out the window.

No reason to let the actual facts get in the way of a good bashing.

I have no problem with somebody raking me over the coals for being a spammer, if that is actually what I am. But unfortunately, you guys have the wrong guy. I'm not a spammer or a 1+ guy at all. My posts have always be long, that just my style. I don't give a damn about Meseta or whatever the fuck it's called. In fact, the first person that PM's me for my Meseta can have 3000 of it. I could give a rats azz about that.

I come here to read and post interesting topics and to ask questions about things that I don't have the answer to. The only thing that I'm guilty of is sometimes asking too many questions at a given time. But that doesn't mean that those questions are not valid, legitimate questions. It just means that sometimes I get a little too question happy, and should probably not ask as many in such a short period of time. I can understand that. Yes, to a degree, I'm guilty of that.

But you guys are acting like I'm the worst person that happens to post threads on this website.

Ok, I have a challenge to anybody that thinks I'm this horrible, horrible DP member that is ruining the boards for all the DP people out there.

What I want you to do, is do a search on Anthony1 topics that are in the "Video Game" forum only.

take a look at these topics briefly. How many of them have more than 20 replies? How many of these topics have 1, 2, 3 or even more pages? Gee, I would imagine that if somebody was just on a spamming rampage, that they would have very few replies if any to a spam filled thread, much less more than 20 replies and 2 and 3 page threads. In fact, the threads that have less than 20 replies are typically a question that was answered by somebody very quickly, with no need for any more replies to it.

Also, look at these topics and see if they are just totally ridiculous topics to be discussing.

Also, do people forget the Power Rankings? I did a Power Rankings for the SNES, a year or so ago, and alot of people participated and sent me their lists and I spent a ton of time tabulating everything determining the SNES Power Rankings. And then a few months ago, I did it again with the Sega Genesis. Both of those projects took a ton of time and effort on my part, but I didn't complain about that at all. In fact it was a labor of love for me.

And for the people that think that I don't collect games and that all I'm trying to do is get information to resell games, then you must be out of your minds. Have I done some posts on what games are valuable on Ebay recently? YES, I have. But it was specifically related to this Game Crazy sale, and the fact that I wanted to try to sell some games on Ebay to freaking help finance all of my other video game related purchases. Am I such a horrible person to actually think I could buy a game for a low price and sell it on Ebay to make money so that I could use that money to buy a very expensive retro gaming item that I would have never been able to afford otherwise? Is that so freaking horrible?

By the way, to any mod that sees this, can you please move this to the Video Game area for maximum flame and hate exposure. Bring on all the F'ing flames people. Go ahead, flame me and hate me like crazy.

This is FUN!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    People seem to be forgetting that I have done tons of topics on these boards that have led to some seriously intriguing discusssions.

But no, I guess we should just throw all of those out the window.
    Jeezus, now you're gonna play Mr. Martyr?

No reason to let the actual facts get in the way of a good bashing.
    No reason to let the fact that you've been asked to knock this kind of thing off a million times get in the way of you listening either, eh?

By the way, to any mod that sees this, can you please move this to the Video Game area for maximum flame and hate exposure. Bring on all the F'ing flames people. Go ahead, flame me and hate me like crazy.

This is FUN!!
    REQUEST DENIED. Instead, I'm gonna lock this one, as you've seen fit to retitle it as a flame-fest despite the fact that we've asked for it to get back on track.

And I don't know about anyone else, but it ticks me off when you tell us how to do our jobs.

And for a guy who claims to want to come here to post intelligent conversations, begging for a flame fest isn't exactly winning any friends.

>>>CLANK<<<