Thread: Catalog/Database that also does hardware?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Catalog/Database that also does hardware?

So, I saw the thread on here about Game Collector and tried it out. It seems awesome for games, but I want to catalog ALL my stuff, not just the games. Consoles, controllers, expansions, etc. If I have 10 Sega 32X units, I want to include those in my lists as well. Anyone have any ideas, or want to share how you do it?

Thanks so much,

Brian

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You mean, besides the collector list you can set up here at DP?

My List

The list you set up here has the option to include consoles, controllers, expansions, etc. (I just haven't included the consoles, etc. myself, other than "unusual" stuff, just becuase.) I don't know, however, whether you can or will be able to include quantities of items in your list.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    I don't know, however, whether you can or will be able to include quantities of items in your list.
    You will. Actually, every entry will have a comment area. You can put in condition, number owned, variants... whatever you like.

Coming soon, I promise!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmm, that is along the lines of what I want. Not laid out in way I like personally, but functional. Is there a way to print things out and stuff? Reports amd such?

I put in a bunch of my Hardware...pretty nice setup. I wish it was laid out on screen a bit more like Game Collector though (system, then all items for the system on the left, then Picture/Descriptions on the right). But beggars can.t be choosers I guess.

Let's see if this works--
    http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/sho...mf?userid=5155

Brian

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Quote Originally Posted by Twitami
    Hmm, that is along the lines of what I want. Not laid out in way I like personally, but functional. Is there a way to print things out and stuff? Reports amd such?
    Not yet... but this is a work in progress. Creating nice printable lists is on our list too.

Now, how do I link to it like you did above?

Brian
    Your personal links can be found in your profile. Click on your profile button from the post above.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I said in the Game Collector thread, I use Ant Movie Catalog with the Game Mod. Great program. I catalog everything from empty boxes to magazines to controllers to games themselves.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

So, Joe, is there any plan to add a "random" button that'd allow us to make one random item from our list appear? It'd help the gamer that I am to play other games than the usual half-dozen titles or so that are always out...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    So, Joe, is there any plan to add a "random" button that'd allow us to make one random item from our list appear? It'd help the gamer that I am to play other games than the usual half-dozen titles or so that are always out...
    I'd love this feature too! When you've got 900+ games and are the most indecisive person on the planet, it can get a bit tough to figure out what to play!
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crush Crawfish
    I'd love this feature too! When you've got 900+ games and are the most indecisive person on the planet, it can get a bit tough to figure out what to play!
    Close your eyes, spin around three times, and point. Play that game.

To increase the randomness, add beer to the above method.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Hmm. It's not on my list. Do you really want a program to tell you what game to play next? It's just not something I would have ever considered, personally. If there's enough interest I'll add it, but trust me when I say that there are lots of really nice features that will go in first!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I tried Ant Movie based on it being listed here, I can't seem to get it to work. When it goes to the 'script' for looking things up, only Moby Games is listed, and it locks up on the pop-up box. tried it on multiple PCs too, just to make sure it wasn't my PC.

Collectorz may not be perfect, but it is very intuitive and user friendly. Any Movie didn't seem that way. Instructions would probably help, but I couldn't fins any.

Brian

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Hmm. It's not on my list. Do you really want a program to tell you what game to play next? It's just not something I would have ever considered, personally. If there's enough interest I'll add it, but trust me when I say that there are lots of really nice features that will go in first!
    Well, I know that I tend to ignore many great games because I focus on a handful of games that grab my interest... like right now, it's Daigasso Band Brothers on the DS and Zelda Minish Cap on the GBA, a few weeks ago, it was Dragon Warrior VII on the PS1... I tend to ignore the older classic games in favour of the more recent stuff, and that's not a good thing. Of course, I could just force myself to pick up one item from my big blue storage box (say, the first thing that I get my hands on)...

How do you major collectors with much bigger and varied collections than mine decide what to play? Do you sit down and think one day, "today is Atari 2600 day" and the next day it's the Sega Master System's turn?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bargora
    You mean, besides the collector list you can set up here at DP?

My List
    where is the collector list at on here is it the onlie rarity list
    “The people and the friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.”

Strawberry (Level 2) heyricochet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've always had issues with making my collection, when I'm adding stuff it'll log me out for some reason and I can't get back in easily. Anyone else have this problem?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have that same problem too i was told to click the always keep looged ot and everytime you click it it automatically logs you back in
    “The people and the friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them.”