Thread: Wanted: Episodes of Starcade on VHS video

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    chunkycorn

I got an HP dvd burner if anyone wants to trade me a turbo express for it, woowoo
    My life and perception has changed, but my principals are the same.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oops, sorry Snidey, I had stopped taping them since they surfaced on AVI, but I'll start up again this week if you want

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't worry about it Brit. I was hoping someone might already have them taped. I wasn't asking for the additional effort involved in taping them fresh. Thanks though. I appreciate those efforts.

Joe? I just might want those "poorly-taped" copies you descibed. Condition means nothing, just so long as I can occassionally make out Jeff Edward's face on occassion.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'm up for these vcds or dvds too!
    (My dvd player can play vcds)
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've downloaded most of those Starcade Episodes and already converted them to VCD. I use 700MB CDRW'S because my particular brand of DVD player is very particular about playing VCDs. The manufacturer (SONY) says you cannot play VCDs on my machine, but you can if you make sure you use the right brand and type of media. There is a site called VCDHELP.COM that has all you ever wanted to know about VCD's with links to freeware programs for all your encoding needs. Making a VCD is a multi-step process that is CPU intensive. Depending on your PC, encoding a 22 minute episode can be done in real time or take several hours!!! I also found it necessary to adjust the audio synchronization, because I felt that it was about 30ms too fast, and it played back on the TV like a badly dubbed Godzilla movie.

The site where I originally downloaded each of these 130MB files has closed, but occasionally they are posted on usenet in Alt.comp.emulators.misc I believe.

I don't have a cutting edge burner, it's only a 4x, so making copies is not really an option. Additionally, as I said, you need to be 100% certain that your DVD player will play a VCD, and if so, what are the media requirements if it can. Every machine is different, and no one brand of CDR or CDRW will work across the board.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starcade DVD's?

DP,

I might have to do some reading on this but I know to play on the dvd format, you have to convert the mpeg1 to mpeg2 with 48khz sound. I would have to use a prog like virtuadub or tmpeg to convert to mpeg2. Sound is easy to convert to 48khz.

I'm thinking most ppl will be able to watch vcd's on a dvd player but I dont' ahve a dvd player (toshiba sd3109 and ps2) that plays VCD's. I believe there is a way to put the raw VCD format onto a dvd-r but it might only work on a PC since the DVD format will not support mpeg1 and sound that is not 48 khz.

I can read up on this and figure it out. Would be nice to have a dvd and have a menu system to choose the episode and have chapter points.

If anyone can get the starcade eps in mpeg2 format that would be great. I wish I had G4 TV or I would just rip the eps to my hd direct.

Chunky: I think the HP dvd recorder is worth more than the turbo express...

Kyosuke75

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starcade

NE146,

How much would it cost to get a copy of the eps (avi format) from you? Let me know how much it would cost for the cdr's and shipping so I can put these on dvd-r.

I can send payment via paypal if that's possible or good ol Money order.

Kyosuke75