Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

The results are in!!!

In fourth place with a score of 26,930... Mr. FoodMonster!!!
    In third place, with a score of 56,870... InsaneDavid!!!
    In second place, with a score of 82,060... SoulBlazer!!!

Thus making your new MAME league World Champion, with a score of 97,810... Dr. Morbis!!!!

From now until next summer, the entire Digital Press community will recognize Dr. Morbis as the best MAME player in the world.

Guys, your meseta is coming right now. Prizes will follow within two weeks. That goes for everyone in the league, as prizes will all be shipped at the same time.

Thanks for playing, everyone!!!

Chris

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Man, I just gave out 17,000 meseta. Ouch!

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba
    The results are in!!!...
    Wow! It's funny, I was working on a Genesis 2 paint mod this evening and all of a sudden I remembered "crap, the MAME competition!" as I'm sure Jibbajaba can attest to given how I sent my score at 11:18pm.

Excellent showing, Dr. Morbis - consistant since the start. Congratulations everyone!

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, it was a fun time. I'm pretty happy with 4th place personally, because I hadn't played more then half of these games before. I'm most certainly going to go into the next league, and I hope that all of you do the same. Maybe I can do a bit better with something like a console.

Congrats Dr.Morbis!
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dr. Morbis! Congrats!

Hey Chris, do I win anything for opening a can of whup-ass on this whole crew twice? Hmm?

Dr. Pushy

You have not seen the last of me! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Damn. I THOUGHT the good Dr. would have a higher score but I just could NOT do any better. :/

Well, he DID get the best record for the league, and often got higher scores then me. I think the only game I did better then him was Ghosts and Goblins. So he's deserving of first place. Congrats!

Here's what I did to get my score -- and I'm quite sure Dr. Morbis did the same thing.

As you know, pushing the three diamond blocks together in a row or line gives you 10k in points (only 5k if you use the wall). The first board is FIXED as LONG you start the game right away, before the demo starts.

I praticed on the first board until I could get the three blocks together every time.

After you do that with the first board, the game then throws you a bone -- it makes every other board AFTER that a little easier to get the three diamond blocks together. I would start pushing in blocks to make it happen, killing enemies as I had the chance, get the 10k in points, then whomp off the last of the enemies.

Last night I was able to do this for SIX boards before I lost my last life on the 7th. 60k for each board plus what I got for killing enemies and the time bonus equals my score of 82k.

I was hoping my foe did'nt find this trick, but it looks like he did. And it looks like he did it for one or two more boards PAST what I could do! All I gotta say is

Well, I'm not sure how much I would have used the Namco Plug-and-Play joystick or the trivia game anyway, and I AM still getting a nice prize package along with some stuff for having the high score for four games. I just had wanted that gold trophey!

Again, congrats to the winners, and to everyone who played, and for the people who ran this!
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Damn. I THOUGHT the good Dr. would have a higher score but I just could NOT do any better. :/

Well, he DID get the best record for the league, and often got higher scores then me. I think the only game I did better then him was Ghosts and Goblins. So he's deserving of first place. Congrats!

Here's what I did to get my score -- and I'm quite sure Dr. Morbis did the same thing.

As you know, pushing the three diamond blocks together in a row or line gives you 10k in points (only 5k if you use the wall). The first board is FIXED as LONG you start the game right away, before the demo starts.

I praticed on the first board until I could get the three blocks together every time.

After you do that with the first board, the game then throws you a bone -- it makes every other board AFTER that a little easier to get the three diamond blocks together. I would start pushing in blocks to make it happen, killing enemies as I had the chance, get the 10k in points, then whomp off the last of the enemies.

Last night I was able to do this for SIX boards before I lost my last life on the 7th. 60k for each board plus what I got for killing enemies and the time bonus equals my score of 82k.

I was hoping my foe did'nt find this trick, but it looks like he did. And it looks like he did it for one or two more boards PAST what I could do! All I gotta say is

Well, I'm not sure how much I would have used the Namco Plug-and-Play joystick or the trivia game anyway, and I AM still getting a nice prize package along with some stuff for having the high score for four games. I just had wanted that gold trophey!

Again, congrats to the winners, and to everyone who played, and for the people who ran this!
    Well Soulblazer, I did not think I was gonna win this one. I just couldn't take it to the next level and I knew our scores would be close. I got to Act 11 on my winning game, but for many of those acts I had to forget about the 10k or 5k and just kill the enemies. The greatest challenge of this game is knowing when to let go of trying for the 10k. I'm so stubborn that sometimes I would leave two sno-bees left intentionally and just run around desperately trying to move those 3 blocks across the screen.

My winning inp looks pretty good aesthetically. There were many times that I'd walk right past a sno-bee and he wouldn't kill me, making it look like I really know my shit
    I can email it to anyone who wants to see it.

Now, when are you going to insert that huge trophy into my item inventory jibbajabba?
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

...oh, and I forgot to say...

Many thanks to all who played, and especially those who stuck with it until the end and have that competitive drive that is the essence of gaming in the first place.

And most of all, thanks to Jibba Jabba and Gapporin for doing the dirty work of hosting and organizing and reading so many emails (especially in the early rounds).

I'll be in your next league, whatever format it turns out to be, just coasting through the regular season until I get to play either Soulblazer or NE146 again in the playoffs.

Ta ta :P
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"