Thread: Shadow of the Colossus (Wanda, ICO 2)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Shadow of the Colossus (Wanda, ICO 2)

(please take note I know that there is another topic on this game, which I created actualy, but since the game has a new title I felt it appropriate to make this new topic to aid in future searches)

Well it seems pretty much official that Wanda and the Collossus, and recently renamed Shadow of the Colossus, will be making its way to the US.
    Fans of huge sleeper hits, and especialy ICO fans will truly appreciate what this game has to offer. Gamespot has just posted a brand new hands on previiew along with some great gameplay videos and some screens which can be seen here: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventur...s2_flashtop_bg

Breathtaking it will be, its shaping up to be just as magical as ICO was.

If you are not planning on playing this game just because you did not like ICO, please take note it is in no way a sequel or anything, it just uses the same visual style, and a whole new aspect to the gameplay. Take a look at the videos (especialy the older ones) to get a look at how things play out.

My most anticipated game of the year? Its a tough call due to Zelda, but since ICO is my favorite game ever, I am going to haveto say yes, most anticipated of the year

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Though I didn't quite 'get' Ico at first, now I've gotten farther and have started to really enjoy it. This one looks very intriguing. Personally, I'm glad they changed the name; anybody called 'Wanda' should be a girl I love the idea of making each colossus essentially a puzzle to defeat. Looks like it'll have a much different layout and feel than most games. And damn, those screenshots are gorgeous.

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Whoo, I've been looking forward to this! Now I just have to remember that the name's been changed so I don't go searching for it for the next three years.

Kristine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've gotta say that this game really intrigues me. From what I've read in EGM and GI it could be a wonderful game. I think that the whole thing will hinge not on the story or the graphics, but on the controls. It sounds like a game where precision will be important. What with the horse riding, jumping on giant monsters, navigating a maze, etc etc etc. Sounds like great fun though.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

in the most recent issue of EGM they had a list of the top 10 cult classics, Ico was on the list somewhere in the middle. I figured you guys might want to know this. Also thanks for the updated info, i will be picking this one up as well.
    Eyes - Pete and Pete, Bullet Ballet
    Ears - Exploding Hearts , Tattle Tales
    Hands - Neutopia II, NBA Live 05

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just hope there won't be as much camera gymnastics. Trying to look around in Ico makes me go x_x

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dahne
    I just hope there won't be as much camera gymnastics. Trying to look around in Ico makes me go x_x
    Actually, I think it's pretty awesome when a game can actually give me a sense of vertigo from the illusion of height. Looking up (or down) in the iniitial tower in Ico is one instance. Looking down off the ruined bridge into the water at the beginning of Disaster Report is another. It gives me that funny-scrotum feeling--you d00dz know what I mean.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what I have read - apparently some of the Colossus battles/puzzles may take upwards of 30 minutes to complete correctly (and that's knowing exactly what to do). This game looks GOOD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jive3D
    From what I have read - apparently some of the Colossus battles/puzzles may take upwards of 30 minutes to complete correctly (and that's knowing exactly what to do). This game looks GOOD
    since the game seems to mainly revolve around the colossi as they act as levels of the game, I am sure we can look forward to epic 30 minute battles. How this kid brings these things down in beyond me....I cant wait to see more of these monster designs! it also seems to take in some platforming elements. and while the glowing sword pointing you in the direction of the next colossus seems cool, I would much rather explore and find him on my own than to have a guide on the direction he is in. Oh well, from the creators of Ico, I trust anything they do, I am looking forward to another perfect game.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

Every thing I read about this game makes me want it more and more. I absolutely loved ICO, and I am glad to see this appears to be progressing nicely.

The colossus designs look awesome, and at the same time, very intimidating. I can't wait to see these things get bigger and bigger as I approach them.. god I can't wait for this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love ICO and was lucky enough to pick up a near mint one almost a year ago for verrry cheap.

On a side not the Hypocrites at EGM also has ICO and Shenmue on their list of most "overated" games
    EGM really pisses me off sometimes much moreso in current issues.

Hell you can tell that many of the reviewers and so called "critics" they have on staff now has very little experience with videogames and knows even less about videogame history. Its very telling when some of the oldest games most of them can remember are from the 16-bit generation I.E. Supernes and Genesis.
    I think there are a couple thet never touched a video game console before the Playstation 1 they just seem to have a verrrry limited knowledge of older consoles AND games pre-PSX :/

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ICO is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. My only complaint with the game was that it was a bit short, but from what I've heard about the time it will take to get to and fight each of the Colossus battles in this one as well as how many tries it will take to do so, I don't think that will be a problem for Shadow of the Colossus. Totally looking forward to this game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CatchFiveBats
    ICO is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. My only complaint with the game was that it was a bit short, but from what I've heard about the time it will take to get to and fight each of the Colossus battles in this one as well as how many tries it will take to do so, I don't think that will be a problem for Shadow of the Colossus. Totally looking forward to this game!
    dont forget that some games are better kept short. ICO had 4-6 hours of jam packed gameplay, and avoided what other games do by adding hours of backtracking and dumb minigames, let alone LOADING screens.

If ICO were any longer it would get repetitive, especialy at how simple the gameplay was made out to be.

There is a great topic somewhere discussing matters like this concerning game length.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From what's been revealed so far, I'm looking forward to this game really feeling massive. Ico manages to do that pretty well (there's a great feeling of being a tiny little person lost in someplace huge), even with its short length, so that's a good sign.

But, you know what clinches it for me?

HORSIE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dahne
    From what's been revealed so far, I'm looking forward to this game really feeling massive. Ico manages to do that pretty well (there's a great feeling of being a tiny little person lost in someplace huge), even with its short length, so that's a good sign.

But, you know what clinches it for me?

HORSIE!
    the horse reminds me of Epona, the game looks even more epic riding around on a horse while the colossi loom over you. I am still wondering the exact way the gameplay works, such as progression from colossi to colossi, guess I just gotta wait it out