Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry Digitalpress / Question for everyone

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sorry Digitalpress / Question for everyone

DP - I usually don't outbid people that I am familiar with on semi common games but I didn't even realize that you were the high bidder on that Tigervision game until the deed was already done.

Everyone else - What are your eBay bidding rules? Would you blatently outbid any board members here on a game that is readily available and doesn't only show itself every blue moon?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's fair game if it's rare and infrequent on eBay. Otherwise I'd look elsewhere as there's probably another one that's cheaper. Not that it matters, I haven't bought a single video game related item from eBay since... March '01. I've bid on eBay for other stuff like cheap used laptops (local used PC store wants $250 for 486 and $350+ for early Pentium, eBay often have one 486 or Pentium for less than $50)
    Another day, another dollar... wake me when it's payday.
    still playing games

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i try not to outbid people from the boards unless its an item that i really want. if i do, its nothing personal.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't even use the same eBay as most people on the boards

Although I am watching a colleco Pong system on US-eBay. I won't
    Bid, but for the next 3d 11h 0m I "can" dream.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I see something that I want, and I have the cash, I will bid. Even if I know the person, it doesn't really matter to me, if it is something I really need for my collection. Sorry guys.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

alls fair in love and ebay

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

I NEVER outbid someone who's name I recognize. To me, the relationship, however distant, is much more important than some silly game.

These are MY rules however - I don't expect them to be YOURS.

Enjoy your game.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey DP my ebay name is unicornbathwater, you started outbidding me on Trampoline Terror for Genny although we both lost it. Now I'm pissed off!!!! >

okay thats as long as i can keep that up, I actually thought it was pretty damn funny when I looked and saw your name instead of mine.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Hmm. I would have recognized that name - were YOU the high bidder at the time I bid? I would have NEVER done that on purpose. I'd have figured that was either you or Chocobokick. If it happened, I'm truly sorry. It's a long standing policy of mine to never fuck over my friends. I know it sounds ridiculous, because it's "every man for himself" on eBay, but I'm just silly like that.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just hassling you DP, I seriously thought it was funny no harm done at all. It ended up going much higher than i wanted to pay due to other bidders anyway. And as choco will tell you I buy too many games anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I try not to BUT it does happen when you use snipe programs.

I usually won't bid against close friends unless its something very rare and unique. Then I try to find out whats its worth to them.

For example if there is an Atari 2000 on ebay and Joe has the bid at $800.00 I'd send Joe an email.

Joe, I need that Atari 2000 how high were you planning on bidding.

If he says $850.00 then Id reply well I was willing to go as high as $2,500.00 do you mind if I bid?

Then Joe, being a friend, would most likely say. "WOW thats alot more that I'd ever spend. Go for it bro."

Things usually work out when you put it all on the table and are honest with each other.

Adam

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re:

Well, if it's any consolation, a bit back, unicornbathwater outbid on me some sweet as hell Genny complete game lots a few months back. I wasn't happy back then, but then again, I didn't know them.

No harm, no foul. It happens. Sometimes you don't know, other times, you do, and you should extend the olive branch depending on the situation.

And I just won a sealed Trampoline Terror :0

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    I try not to BUT it does happen when you use snipe programs.

I usually won't bid against close friends unless its something very rare and unique. Then I try to find out whats its worth to them.

For example if there is an Atari 2000 on ebay and Joe has the bid at $800.00 I'd send Joe an email.

Joe, I need that Atari 2000 how high were you planning on bidding.

If he says $850.00 then Id reply well I was willing to go as high as $2,500.00 do you mind if I bid?

Then Joe, being a friend, would most likely say. "WOW thats alot more that I'd ever spend. Go for it bro."

Things usually work out when you put it all on the table and are honest with each other.

Adam
    Funny you mention emailing the person about their bid.. There's another thread in this same forum dealing with this issue right now, although it's not about people you KNOW, but just plain emailing anyone who is high bidder.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

quickly snatches portnoyd's trampoline terror and sprints for the border dropping genny sport carts all over the place to distract him.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon
    quickly snatches portnoyd's trampoline terror and sprints for the border dropping genny sport carts all over the place to distract him.
    Oh! Come back here! Damn, I need this one.... STOP... need this one too... COME BACK... Deion Sanders, sealed..... GIVE ME BA.... Super Monaco II....

Hehe.

dave

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Sorry Digitalpress / Question for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by neschampion
    DP - I usually don't outbid people that I am familiar with on semi common games but I didn't even realize that you were the high bidder on that Tigervision game until the deed was already done.

Everyone else - What are your eBay bidding rules? Would you blatently outbid any board members here on a game that is readily available and doesn't only show itself every blue moon?
    , I presume you are talking about one of my auctions. Who cares what person is bidding on an auction if you need it ?

Oh, I'll just leave that $20.00,- Buy it now Eli's Ladder because I know Joe needs it, F*CK THAT. If I need an item, it's mine unless you battle me bloody on the auction.

My $0.02,- now go ahead and flame me.
    "If a man is alone in a forest and says something, is he still wrong ?"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't even win that game, your auctions went way higher than I thought they would that day.

On games like Marauder I won't outbid someone that I recognize, but if eli's ladder went up for auction I would outbid my mother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    I NEVER outbid someone who's name I recognize. To me, the relationship, however distant, is much more important than some silly game.
    I can't say that I never do, but I rarely do. The exceptions are things approaching "grail" status for me. If I've been in contact recently, I'll usually email that guy, but if we haven't talked in a while, I'll just bid. I haven't done it very often.

Oh, one more exception -- if I had the high bid, and someone I know outbids me, I have no problem bidding higher again if I would have anyway.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpress
    Hmm. I would have recognized that name - were YOU the high bidder at the time I bid? I would have NEVER done that on purpose. I'd have figured that was either you or Chocobokick. If it happened, I'm truly sorry. It's a long standing policy of mine to never fuck over my friends. I know it sounds ridiculous, because it's "every man for himself" on eBay, but I'm just silly like that.
    Thats very honorable, but if theres something that you really wanted almost needed,( game collectors know what I mean, in fact I believe you know what I mean), it wouldn't bother me a bit if you bid against me to get something you wanted. In other words I respect that, no hard feelings. We both want the same thing respectively. But again thats very honorable.
    Scotty

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Sorry Digitalpress / Question for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by CPUWIZ
    Quote Originally Posted by neschampion

, I presume you are talking about one of my auctions. Who cares what person is bidding on an auction if you need it ?

Oh, I'll just leave that $20.00,- Buy it now Eli's Ladder because I know Joe needs it, F*CK THAT. If I need an item, it's mine unless you battle me bloody on the auction.

Yup! I totally agree. E-bay in itself is just a game. It should never be taken personally. but if your bidding on something I want, friend or foe, YOUR GOING DOWN! Nothing personal.

My $0.02,- now go ahead and flame me.
    Scotty