Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UNDERWORLD for PS2... how is it? Will the USA get it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default UNDERWORLD for PS2... how is it? Will the USA get it?

I understand that someone on the board got this game recently. I really liked the movie and I am looking forward to the sequel. I like that Kate Beckinsale. She's pretty fine for a woman with fake boobs who was in Van Helsing (shite)

So how the hell is this game? All the reviews I have found are in French or Swedish or Cherokee or something. It looks pretty good from the shots, though that's never a true indication of quality or fun. I think it's been out for a while overseas. Do you think this will ever make it to the States, maybe as a budget title when the 2nd movie comes out?

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was wondering the same thing. I would like to play it.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This game is ok. Nothing spesial imo, just another game in the line. Shoot monsters etc etc. Might be fun for some ppl, but didnt quite do it for me.

Doubt it will come out as NTSC, considering the PAL version have been out for over a year, but who knows?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd be interested in this, too... I loved the movie (especially the director's cut) and am looking forward to the sequel (currently filming in Vancouver, BC). Does this game use the original actors for voice overs?

And, for the record, I agree.. Van Helsing was a terrible, TERRIBLE movie. (a prime example why most directors shouldn't be allowed to produce their own flick)
    machine.slave

CLICK HERE!! To check out my collection for sale! Only $1500 for the lot

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default eh

her boobs are fake? van helsing was bad, but not as horrible as dracula 3000. casper van dien plays an offshoot of van helsing, and basically rots in a horrible not worth watching for free movie.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: eh

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic insanester
    her boobs are fake? van helsing was bad, but not as horrible as dracula 3000. casper van dien plays an offshoot of van helsing, and basically rots in a horrible not worth watching for free movie.
    I actually liked Van Helsing, AND I saw Dracula 3000, you can't even compare the two.

Dracula 3000 looks like a middle school movie project with no character development or logical plot flow. It seemed as though the creators didn't have any basic training in any of film's important development processes. I mean the movie had COOLIO in it. The only redeeming quality this movie had, and it's a small one, was Erika Eleniak, and even her performance was horrid. ~2 hours of my life totally wasted.
    There Can Be Only One!
    ---AWESOME TRADERS---
    maxlords, vintagegamecrazy, [-Sentinel-], Rugal, vision89, stargate, gamergary, Nick, Zmweasel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

As far as I know Kate Beckinsale doesn't have fake boobs. I highly doubt that game is coming here, the movie was a 2003 release.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence
    As far as I know Kate Beckinsale doesn't have fake boobs.
    Oh yes... fake boobs and, um, stretch marks.

http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/003633.html

Dear Kate,

You are a very sexy and beautiful woman, fake boobs and all. I wish you hadn't done Van Helsing since it was terrible and your Eastern Europe accent was about as natural as your hair extensions, but that doesn't change how I feel about you. Don't go changing to try and please me.

With love,

Fishsandwich

Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default nevah!

the ONLY chance you'll see this as a NTSC release is if they make an underworld sequel (not bloody likely unless it's straight to video without miz b.) and a smart developer snaps this up as a budget tie in with some retitling done, and maybe some movie footage or something. OR someone djust snaps it up, changes the title to something like girlmonsterkiller or some dopey title and passes it of as a new game... it DOES look interesting, though...

g.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Kinda loks like one of the Hunter games with crappier models and the brightness turned up for the screens...honestly the Hunter games are pretty good, you might give those a try.

As far as wanting it for the liscense / actress, the movie is long-since forgotten in the A.D.D. marketing machine that is the US, so you're probably not gonna see a release if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default wow

i guess they are. -weirded out-

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: nevah!

Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    the ONLY chance you'll see this as a NTSC release is if they make an underworld sequel (not bloody likely unless it's straight to video without miz b.)
    As said earlier in this thread, the sequel is currently filming in Vancouver BC. A friend of mine is a PA on it, and shows off his swag as much as possible, so I should know.

Quote Originally Posted by cryomancer
    Kinda loks like one of the Hunter games with crappier models and the brightness turned up for the screens...honestly the Hunter games are pretty good, you might give those a try.
    I was thinking quite the same thing. I love the Hunter games, have all three of them.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: nevah!

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie23
    Quote Originally Posted by geelw
    the ONLY chance you'll see this as a NTSC release is if they make an underworld sequel (not bloody likely unless it's straight to video without miz b.)
    As said earlier in this thread, the sequel is currently filming in Vancouver BC. A friend of mine is a PA on it, and shows off his swag as much as possible, so I should know.
    well, lol... i stand corrected. that's one MORE movie i won't be seeing then (flashy effects aside, i though the first was poorly scripted and an overall waste of talent). actually, there have been plenty of movies shot and canned for all sorts of reasons, but that's neither here nor there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked it up the other day at EB for $AUS15...

I've had a quick go at it, and it's pretty much a pseudo-3D isometric shoot-ah. Imagine playing one of those Baldur's Gate console games with it zoomed out to the maximum, and running around mindlessly shooting everything without actually powering up or developing abilities.

Fun, but it repeats on you. This isn't really a hugely fair description, though, as I only played it 10 minutes. Maybe I should play it more and write a DP review.. hmm..

As far as the movie goes, I thought it was a bit of a yawner, to be honest. I enjoyed the first Blade and to a lesser extent the second Blade better. Definitely better than Blade 3, though.. boy was that bloody awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steempy
    I enjoyed the first Blade and to a lesser extent the second Blade better. Definitely better than Blade 3, though.. boy was that bloody awful.
    NO KIDDING! I waited until it came out on DVD and I was way excited since I loved Blade and thought that Blade 2 was pretty decent. Blade Trilogy was a total waster of time except for the smart-ass dude and Parker Posey was kind of fun too.

Speaking of movie games, wasn't the Blade game (for psone I think?) also a steaming pile of monkey shite?

I think I own it, actually. <shudder>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default parker posey

parker posey looks way too much like the chick from american history x, island of dr. monroe, and the craft. she's not though. WEIRD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fairuza Balk?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default yep.

yeah. don't you agree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    Speaking of movie games, wasn't the Blade game (for psone I think?) also a steaming pile of monkey shite?

I think I own it, actually. <shudder>
    There's ALSO a rather cool beat-em-up on the Game Boy Color. Quite damned hard, too. Japanese-developed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your best bet for this game is to mod your PS2 and import/download it...