Thread: go back in time to try and stop or start a game/etc.

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default go back in time to try and stop or start a game/etc.

heh. imagine if you could go back in time with the ability to alter the history of a game's existence. you would need to set off a chain of events to either prevent a game from being made or do something to help it achieve creation status or something of the like. it wouldn't have to be directly, and you wouldn't be able to do anything you could escape punishment/etc. for (unless you're willing to accept the terms).

example: get a bank loan and buy as many "beyond good and evil" copies you could at its original retail price.
    another example: go to littleton colorado shortly before the columbin shooting and either beat the crap out of the kids or destroy all the video-game related evidence that damned the industry.

i, myself, would go along the lines of:
    approaching virgin prior to them selling thrill kill to ea and attempt to coax them unto finding another buyer or trying to scrap together the funds to purchase it myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

About the only thing I can think of is trying my best to get Magnavox to release the Odyssey3 unit and kick Nintendo's butt before they had their chance to take over the market (at the time). Long shot, but I'd give it one hell of a try! And I can dream, can't I...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I seek strength, not to be greater than by brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ozyr's Odyssey2 Archive!

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Convince sony there isn't money in videogames?

Ok, what i'd really do is get in with the team that was translating rent-a-hero for xbox and either make it get finished, or leak myself a mostly-complete beta. Same could be said for things like Mother One.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Go back in time: Hey Sony, this magnetic card game machine looks really tits, I think you should sell them!

I'm sure many of the Action Enterprises-type startups would've been simple enough to prevent with a simple mass murder :P

Wierd question...any boob with a time machine can go back to 1972 and drop a Mortal Kombat machine at Midway's door.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd go back to the Saturn era and kill off the entire SoA division. Hopefully, SoJ would take over and release all those wonderful titles us NA/EU gamers missed out on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would hit Jack Tramiel on the head with a hammer and convince Nolan Bushnell to buy back Atari in 84. And also convince him to put money into the US version of the Famicom. Then he would release that after the 7800 ran its course. Yay!
    "Where my finger goes is none of your goddamn business." -Metropolisforever

"my house is burning down as I type this because of a Sega AC adapter" -Oobgarm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I could go back in time I wouldn't change just a simple game. I would create a law that forbids to make more than 50% of the new games in 3D. The remaining 50% of the games would be in 2D and we would still get a good amount of classical 2D platformers (only with better graphics) and shmups. Damn, that would be cool! Not very realistic but cool...

When I only have the possibility of chaning single games I would give Dino Crisi 3 (for the X-Box) better controlls and a better camera angle. Plus I would make Morrowind The Elder Scrolls in third person view. That's all I can think about in the moment.
    http://www.discogs.com/user/Tatsu>My vinyl and CD collection