As some of you may already know, I now own possibly the rarest, and most definately the largest piece of ColecoVision history ever created, the ColecoVision Store Display P.O.P. Kiosk.

I recently won this item from an Ebay auction and drove 1200 miles round trip this past weekend to pick it up in New York from the original owner after he won it from a Toys 'R Us in the early 80's. He got it after winning a high score contest that the store ran for Zaxxon.

When I stopped by his house to look at it the night before I was going to load it up, I was stunned. The display is absolutely enornmous. Standing just shy of 7 feet tall and 4 feet wide this thing is a monster. Everything on the unit is beautiful with the only exception being some chrome trimming that I'll need to replace. The lower half of the display has two lockable sliding doors for storage, which I actually have the key for. Also, and most unbelieveably, I also have the instruction manual for assembly for the unit.

So now the Digital Press's Rarity Guide description stating:

"A large arcade machine display placed in stores back in the day. Cards from the displays have turned up… is a full size display out there?"

can be changed to:

"A large arcade machine display placed in stores back in the day. Cards from the displays have turned up, and DP member DoubleDownOn11 owns a complete unit."

Here's some pics of the unit still intact as it had been in the original owner's home for the last 22 years, after I do a litle work to it, cleaning and what not, and I modify my basement to accomodate the unit I'll post some new ones.

If any of the moderators here would like a new description for the Rarity Guide, let me know. I'd be happy to help.