Turbografx 16 - PERFECT!
NES - PERFECT!
Gameboy - PERFECT!
SMS and Game Gear - Near perfect, full speed, sound is kind of raspy
SNES - at 333mhz and a FS of 2, darn near perfect on most games
Genesis - Full speed, but very preliminary sound
Neogeo CD - Full speed, no sound...some games are very glitchy
Neogeo Pocket - Slow as hell, no sound.

So far, this is what I have tried. As stated, the emulators I said were perfect are ones that I have no encountered a rom that would not load, no slowdown, full complete sound. The TG16 emulator is currently my favorite, because I loved that system and the emulation is so darn good...my PSP might as well be a Turbo Express with a better screen. I played Military Madness tonight for 2 hours. Needless to say, I am VERY pleased with the PSP's emulation. Easily the best handheld emulation I have ever experienced...with the Zodiac now 2nd on that list.

Also, I forgot to add, these are not limited to v1.0 Japanese PSP's anymore. This has probably been posted before here somewhere, but there is a swap method if you have two memory sticks and a v1.50 system software USA PSP....which I'm sure most do unless you updated. If you did, sorry, won't work unfortunately.

Wow, this sounds awesome. But exactly how does all this work? I don't have a PSP right now, but this is making me seriously consider getting one. If I can play all the great TG-16 games on this, and everything runs full speed, and the sound is good, then that would be the clincher right there.

But how does one get this to work? I need two memory cards? How big do they have to be? How do I get the necessary emulators and roms onto it?

Man, I really want to check this out!
Well, on a v1.5 system, you have to do a memory card swap for each emulator. It does work, but I don;t like the method personally. I myself purchased a Japanese v1.0 off ebay, and the method of loading is so simple it is ridiculious. Copy the emulator file and your roms inside of the PSP's "game" folder on the memory stick, and then navigate to the emulator in the PSP's menu and hit the button. Heh. Can;t get any simpler than that. I currently have a full USA nes, snes, and tg16 set on the card...and can boot any game I like at will. This is with the v1.0 unit mind you.

With the v1.5 unit, you have to do a card swap that is kind of tricky, but it will work. I have tested it on a USA v1.5 unit, and can verify it works, but it is certainly annoying. So, either do the swap, wait for a better exploit to surface, or plunk the change down for a 1.0 machine. These are the three options. I personally chose purchasing the v1.0 unit, because to me it is now definitely worth it

I should add, if you buy the USA PSP value pack, it come swith a 32mb memory stick. You'll need this for your first card. Then, you get a second card...much larger preferrably. The 32 mb card will hold your basic file loader (which is only a few kb) and the other will hold your emulator and romfiles. You basically load the first stick from within the PSP, and then quickly swap it out with the second stick. Its a method to bypass the protection in the v1.5 PSP. It does work, and you'll get to play everything I do, if you can deal with swapping cards every time you want to load a different emu. On the upside, once it is loaded, it stays that way until you completely power off. So, if you put the PSP in sleep mode, when you come back you can resume your emulation goodness