Thread: now that we have a screen for PStwo...Battery pack?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default now that we have a screen for PStwo...Battery pack?

Pelican has made a special screen for the new redesigned PStwo called the "Gameglass". It's a 7 inch TFT LCD monitor with speakers and two headphone jacks.

Unfortunately it will set you back a nice $139.99.

But, ever since I got the new little PStwo and saw the two little screw holes on the back, I've been dreaming of getting a really nice portable screen for it. So now at least there is one available, even though it nearly costs as much as the damn console itself.

But what about some type of battery pack for the combo?

The "Gameglass" + the PStwo + a battery pack = A cool ass device to take with you camping.

The battery pack most likely would barely last 2 hours, but hopefully it would be long enough for a normal 2 hour DVD movie or a 2 hour gaming session.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I'm still looking for a battery Pak for the PSone..Where the heck can I get one of them..?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

I'm unfamiliar with the PStwo. Can you use the power adaptor from a PSone on a PStwo? If so, presumably you could use a battery or car lighter adaptor.

Actually, I'm willing to bet you could find a generic power adaptor to work with a car lighter. Mind you, as I said right off the top, I don't own a PStwo nor am I familiar with it, so I have no idea what it uses.

(The possiblity of a portable PStwo that I can play in my car is pretty damn exciting...)
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you get a power inverter that plugs into your car's cigarette lighter, then suddenly all of your game systems become portable!

Well, actually, there's a 140 watt limit on the inverter I have, which should be enough to run almost any game system plus a portable TFT screen or maybe a small TV. (I haven't checked the power draw on an Xbox. Electrical Protip: Add together all of the wattages of the devices you want to plug into the thing and see if they add up to 140 or less.) I've got a 5" Pelican screen that's designed to fit onto a full-sized PS2, but it has composite inputs so all but the most venerable systems can plug into it.

One question regarding this Pelican 7" TFT screen: Does it plug directly into the AV-out port of your PStwo (like the Sony PSone screen does), or does it have component inputs and a short adapter cable like my Pelican 5" TFT screen does? Wait--I'll do some internet research!

TWO MINUTES LATER:

I checked the Gamestop web site where this thing is sold, and it says in bold print: This product will not work on first generation (full-size) PS2 game systems. It is only compatible with the redesigned slim PS2. And checking the Videogame Central web site I see a picture that shows the thing flush against the back surface of the PStwo.

So it looks like it plugs directly into the PStwo; and so absent an alternative input plug it wouldn't take signal from any other system. So the real question is: Does the thing have a secondary A/V input port or set of ports?
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you can find it, the Gameglass is going for $60 at Gamestop.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.