Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Sega Genesis Model 1 System(s), Games, Game Genie

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB: Sega Genesis Model 1 System(s), Games, Game Genie

Hello! I'm looking to buy one or more Sega Genesis systems. Probably 2 if possible. They need to be this variety (sorry if it's too specific.. this IS important ), and must have the HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS text printed across the top:

I'm also looking for a couple decent model 2 or 3 style controllers, a game genie unit, and some specific titles-- Sonic 1-3 and Sonic and Knuckles, Ecco 1/2, Vectorman 1/2, Gunstar Heroes, the Megaman collection (I always forget its name), and of course the needed cables/power adapter to go with the system(s). You don't need to have all these items of course, but it'd be great to get them all at once.

I can pay by paypal. My AIM name is Epicenter713 if you'd prefer to contact me that way. Thanks!
    - Epicenter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Have you re-imbursed Joe the $100 you stole yet?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Holy crap, I must have totally missed that thread anagrama.... (probablly because it is only 1 post and just got shuffled) Good thing someone said something...
    #vbender

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't stolen anything from anyone. Joe paid me to overclock a system for him, but my equipment went faulty and I was unable to get a stable working machine going for him. A magazine recently approached me and asked me to do a feature for them on the same topic-- I agreed if they could pay for the expenses (systems, games to test, etc.) as I have absolutely no money to spend at the moment.

When I have a source of INCOME I will pay Joe back, and I've made this extremely clear to him and the numerous other people who feel the need to antagonize me over this. It's humiliating ENOUGH to be unable to deliver on one's word and have this hanging over my head all the time, without being given excess grief about it as well from people like you.

There's a big difference between needing money for FOOD and having to wait to pay someone back, to "stealing".

If I get a cent out of the article I'm doing, it'll go to Joe, as well as any other cash that I can spare that doesn't go to basic living expenses. If he still WANTS it and I can get a system stable enough that nothing will go wrong and humiliate me when it gets to him, I'll send him that. I wrote a response to the thread you linked to, Anagrama, and I hope someone will understand my situation.

I may as well just give up with this thread, because no one is going to want to sell anything to someone who looks like as big an ass as I do right now.
    - Epicenter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Epicenter
    There's a big difference between needing money for FOOD and having to wait to pay someone back, to "stealing".
    There's also a big difference between needing money for food and having Paypal funds ready to buy multiple Genesis systems and top-dollar games like Megaman: The Wily Wars.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

EpicCenter, I guess my concern is with what money were you going to buy the Genesis(s)? I am not attacking you, just concerned... Everyone needs a source of income. I don't know much about you, but can you get a job? or do you have pieces of your collection that you can sell on ebay or even here on the boards or whatnot to pay your debts back? I am sure there has to be SOME way of you making money... As for money to eat? Wow. If you are struggling that bad I am really sorry, I just don't see why you are buying genesis(s) instead of trading or something? Everyone has gotta eat... Let us know.
    #vbender

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Have you re-imbursed Joe the $100 you stole yet?
    and for that matter, ed oscuro as well. i don't recall his case being settled either.....

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It really isn't as easy as "just make money!" or "Sell your collection!" I have no collection, I'm not like most people on this forum who have heaping piles of stuff. I'm not a collector at all. Hell, I don't even know the wily wars is "top dollar", I assumed it was worth $10 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    There's also a big difference between needing money for food and having Paypal funds ready to buy multiple Genesis systems and top-dollar games like Megaman: The Wily Wars.
    Before you reply with rude comments like that, read my posts fully. I said explicitly, I cannot pay for anything. ANYTHING. As I said before, the magazine offered to pay for only the things needed to demonstrate, in a video, how to overclock the systems from scratch (which requires machines I've never opened), and to demonstrate some popular titles running on an overclocked machine. Those were the specifics. Unfortunately I can't just randomly say I want $100 to give to a random person they haven't heard of, or I would.
    - Epicenter

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dude. i have many a day eaten cheapo bread loaf and generic soda as meals to support my habit. -went the whole past two days consuming nothing but dr. check and cold pancakes- oh yeah!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic insanester
    dude. i have many a day eaten cheapo bread loaf and generic soda as meals to support my habit. -went the whole past two days consuming nothing but dr. check and cold pancakes- oh yeah!
    Haha. You start to like the generic soda after a while.
    - Epicenter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i know i dont have anythign to do with this "arguement"
    But surely if you were so low on funds, you would give up the internet for some cash....

RetroCollect - PAL Rarity Guides, News, Reviews, Community & Forum
    View my Retro Game Collection: Click here
    My Trade List: Click here
    My Want List: Click here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm not arguing but if you are that low on cash then why are you trying to buy a genesis?

oh yeah and what is the difference between the one with "high definition graphics" and the one without? i have one of each type and did'nt even know there was 2 diff. "models"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say this AGAIN and AGAIN and NO ONE listens. I can't pay for a Genesis. **I** can't. The magazine offered to buy me what I needed to do a feature for them. I'm not going to rip them off giving the money I vowed to spend only on the relevant equipment, on anything else.

The difference between the models with a "HIGH DEFINITION GRAPHICS" label and those without, is that the ones WITH are an earlier revision-- they have a more tolerant bus arbiter and will usually achieve much higher, and more stable, overclocks with less chance of graphical corruption or audio issues. It also has an EXT port on the back (DB-9 connector).

Had I had of these machines handy building Joe's overclocked MD, it probably would've gone a lot better.
    - Epicenter

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'll be that guy. What the hell is an overclocked system?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewbrim
    I'll be that guy. What the hell is an overclocked system?
    Go look here

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vulcanjedi

Default Interesting

Hey

Interesting hardware hack. 20 years ago I would not have hesitated to take a soldering iron to anything I owned

I have 5 mod 1 gennys, I'll have to see which ones are rev 1.

Is the db9 the tell tale sign or the High Definition Graphics logo?

VJ

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanjedi
    Hey

Interesting hardware hack. 20 years ago I would not have hesitated to take a soldering iron to anything I owned

I have 5 mod 1 gennys, I'll have to see which ones are rev 1.

VJ
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54212

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by vulcanjedi
    VJ
    What determines if it's overclockable is the CPU type-- must be MC68000, HD68HC000 to overclock halfway decently.

The "holy grail" units I've found so far have:
    - MC68000 or HD68HC000
    - EXT port in Bacl
    - High Def. Graphics on lid

.. which I define as Revision 1. Revision 0 being an older model with no copyright display, a 2 part glue chip and an SCN68000, which are godawful for overclocking. Revision 2 with no EXT port or High Def banner on the top and no chance of an SCN68000, and Revision 3 using many Model 2 parts like a square 68HC000 or HD68HC000 CPU, which can be overclocked but are, by mechanical design, a pain in the ass to modify due to the tiny pins and thick layer of solder resist.

Some systems with High Def. banners and EXT ports still have SCN68000s so it is vital to check the CPU type to see if it is indeed overclockable. Most units with an EXT port, H.D. Graphics banner and a Serial # past 1,000,000 are overclockable systems with Motorola or Hitachi CPUs.

That was a mouthful. I hope it made some sense.
    - Epicenter

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

can the model 3 overclock?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tededfred
    can the model 3 overclock?
    Unfortunately, no (and it really needs it. Its 68000 clone is rather slow.) The CPU is integrated into one combo chip with the video, audio, and other hardware. Raising the clock to it would ruin the video and audio output and mess up the system timing; it wouldn't work. You're best off getting a Model 1 system. Model 2 systems can be overclocked too, but they are FAR less cooperate. You can usually only hope for about 9-10, maybe 11 MHz on a Model 2, while most Model 1 systems make it to 12 MHz stable or can go insanely far (I've had one at 25.3 MHz before.)
    - Epicenter