Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pac-Man Collection - firsts screenshots...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Someone in another forum has asked about a new DK version. Here is a mock up image for how the first DK would look in the CV. I can assure the screenshot bellow is perfectly feasible in the CV... But squeezing the 256 pixels tall arcade into a 192 pixels tall CV screen was a bit challenging. Nevertheless I think the resulting screen looks indeed nice and preserves most of the original layout....

Eduardo
    Eduardo Mello
    [url]www.opcodegames.com[/url]
    Opcode Games - Bringing new life to your ColecoVision
    Currently working on Arkanoid, Donkey Kong Arcade, Knightmare, Goonies and many others.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ooh, delish!
    You know, though, I managed to squeeze most of the Donkey Kong playfield (all but the top half of Pauline) into an even smaller resolution... 240x160 pixels to be precise. I've got a ton of concept artwork for a variety of Game Boy Advance games on my site... you can find them on the bottom of this page.

http://grblitz.overclocked.org/advance.htm

JR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    Yep, there's a 2600 version of Pleaides out there, well, somewhere. Whoever owns it won't dump the ROM. The same goes for Funky Fish.
    Now I've got a question for you, Ed... who's this Scott Huggins guy, and does he have a website? I'd like to check out his progress on ColecoVision Phoenix.

JR
    Actually, the 2600 protos of Pleaides and Funky Fish if I recall, are currently in the hands of the atariage guys, who were trying to dump them...but the carts use some wacky new bankswitching scheme, impeding their progress. This was a few months ago, although the lack of any ROM surfacing would let one assume they have not been successful.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by opcode
    Someone in another forum has asked about a new DK version. Here is a mock up image for how the first DK would look in the CV. I can assure the screenshot bellow is perfectly feasible in the CV... But squeezing the 256 pixels tall arcade into a 192 pixels tall CV screen was a bit challenging. Nevertheless I think the resulting screen looks indeed nice and preserves most of the original layout....

Eduardo

Could it be...after 20 years...finally, a GOOD VERSION of Donkey Kong for the ColecoVision?
    Nice!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry-little bit late on the topic-been busy.

For my two cents, I'd kill to have Zoo Keeper on the Colecovision. Very nice job on the other titles-I can only offer my financial support to the classic community, so keep 'em coming!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ManekiNeko
    Ooh, delish!
    You know, though, I managed to squeeze most of the Donkey Kong playfield (all but the top half of Pauline) into an even smaller resolution... 240x160 pixels to be precise. I've got a ton of concept artwork for a variety of Game Boy Advance games on my site... you can find them on the bottom of this page.

http://grblitz.overclocked.org/advance.htm

JR
    Nice work, eh! Maybe if you break the platform every 3 chars instead 2, it would be possible to fit the entire Pauline on screen...
    I have checked the others screen and everything looks incredible. Bosconian has caught my attention... :-)
    Hey, congratulations for your new "job" as a DP writer! I really find your writing style very enjoyable...

Eduardo
    Eduardo Mello
    Currently working on Arkanoid, Donkey Kong Arcade, Knightmare, Goonies and many others.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a small update...

The intro sequence is almost done now. I have just implemented the alternate ghost names. Everything is working nice, but I still need to finish a graphic shape routine. I already have a rough version of the intro, with the ghost having no eyes! Ugh! When the shape routine is ready, the eyes will be placed there. But so far I am very happy about how accurated the intro is shapping up. Everything animates with tenths of second precision.
    As soon as the entire sequence is done and polished, I will make a demo available... For now, I am posting a new screenshot. It was took using Adamem. Not too different or great but...

Eduardo
    Eduardo Mello

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A more screenshot. Not a big deal, but just a more screen finished.
    Animation is proving very challenging. Perhaps sound would be next.

Pac-Man is roughly 20% done now...

Eduardo
    Eduardo Mello

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default Re: Pac-Man Collection - firsts screenshots...

Quote Originally Posted by opcode
    I am in process to port Pac-Man and Ms Pac-Man for the CV, and here are the firsts screenshots. Now I have figured out almost the entire game opening and I have put together a little piece of code. The game is already booting, showing the grid and the character name screen (I have removed the memory test, as it was too time wasting for a home game). There isn't any animation yet, but it is just a matter of time now...
    As a extra surprise from my effort, I have found a secret screen which I don't know if someone was aware. The screen shows "Made by Namco" as shown bellow and needs a trick to be activated...
    As soon as I have the entire opening sequence ready, I would post a bin file at my web site, so every one here would check my progress.

8)
    Too bad those codes have been up here for at least 2 years. I own a Pac-Man machine.. This is where I go if I need some help fixing it.

http://users.erols.com/mowerman/pacf...Socket%20Notes

Scroll a good ways down.... You'll see the code is:
    Up 4 times
    Left 4 times
    Right 4 times
    Down 4 times

You must do this when the game is in test mode. I've done it, and it DOES work.