Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: E3: NINTENDO (Revolution and more)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    So, is Revolution the name? Or are they still thinking?
    I think they're going to keep Revolution. I'm OK with that. I've grown attached to it.

And the download service? Seriously. SOLD. 512MB internal Flash RAM?! SD cards. DVD/CD playback (with an adaptor, blah!!!)! I'm hyped.

Show me some damn games though.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coverage from the conference!!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615089p1.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

DOWNLOAD NES, SNES, AND N64 GAMES TO THE REVOLUTION.

And Mario DDR.

I....

I'm in tears....

I am so happy....

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... if true, that would take a good potshot at Sony's touted 2400+ games (PS1 + PS2) available for the PS3. They would have to do it very well, making it seem that we were playing the original on the original system... but if done well... then the console is well deserving of the name "Revolution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm usually not one to jump on a hype bandwagon but I gotta say, if all this is true, then WOW! Be able to download and play classic Nintendo games? THAT is going to be a big selling point right there, provided the games are inexpensive enough (especially if it's played online instead of downloading to memory). Free online gaming? Another big plus for people like me who like the option but don't play online enough to warrant paying for it ($50 a year isn't much but still).

I'm definitely keeping my eyes on the Revolution. Nintendo, make me proud!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well damn, I just went though all the trouble of uploading a pic of the GBA Micro and then I hit submit and my thread was locked!!! Argh. =)

Here it is:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just got my first peek at it now, I am impressed at how small, sleek, and classy it looks, and cute!
    I would have never guessed nintendo made that, and out of the 3 systems the revolution wins hands down in terms of design.

Now for the games...

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is this what my beloved Big N shows as a revolution?...I have not been this dissapointed and left saddened or dissilusioned since the launch of the N64.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Insert Coin (Level 0) The-Bavis's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ChuckleFutz

I want to be the first to start some new wacky theories since not all was revealed. Since we don't know anything about the superduper controllers and at the end Iwata says stuff about "touching his heart" and touching gamers' hearts, it is very obvious that each wireless controller will also have a heart rate monitor. Pretty cool, huh? It's certain to be as popular as that gameshow "The Chair".

</ridiculoustheory>
    The-Bavis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poopnes
    Well damn, I just went though all the trouble of uploading a pic of the GBA Micro and then I hit submit and my thread was locked!!! Argh. =)

Here it is:
    Wow, based on the scale from that GBA cart, that thing is sooo small! holy crap, that is the cutest handheld ever, I will definitly buy that, as long as it is below the $80 range, I love that thing.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

So wait, the best they can do to counter the PSP is to release a third, smaller GBA? That's really, really weak.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They aren't trying to counter the PSP. Nintendo don't need to. Nintendo own the handheld market.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

being able to DL NES, SNES and N64 games sounds great but how long before we see a similar service for Sega's vast library of games from SMS to DC and on which console?

Also I'm wondering if and how much third party software will be available in the retro DL libraries.

We still have a year to go but so far I'm liking what Nintendo has shown so far.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    o 8BIT 1337 o
    PSN
    jggruetz

Is it me, or are there only pictures of this thing from the one angle? I don't feel like I've *seen* anything yet. It just looks like a box that they're supporting on an angle with a little stand.

If it's as backwards compatible as people are making it sound, I think it looks good on Nintendo for protecting their intellectual property (i.e. Roms) all this time.
    Time will be when the broadest river dries
    And the great cities wane and last descend
    Into the dust, for all things have an end

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone else foresee the catalog of classic games having a huge impact on demand and prices of the original cartridges?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evilmess
    being able to DL NES, SNES and N64 games sounds great but how long before we see a similar service for Sega's vast library of games from SMS to DC and on which console?

Also I'm wondering if and how much third party software will be available in the retro DL libraries.

We still have a year to go but so far I'm liking what Nintendo has shown so far.
    I just got done watching the press video, and when it was revealed that you could DL any nintendo game ever, I truly could not believe my eyes and ears!
    Revolutionary indeed, how they will pull it off, and how they will go about selling, is beyond me, but all in all I think nintendo wins in innovation, I could not have seen this coming if I had 1,000 guesses.

The GBA Micro is a neat idea, and as he said, it offers the best quality screen on a handheld, it is also quite impressive as to its size. Sure it offers nothing groundbreaking, but if its at the right price (can you say $50?) I will be getting one for sure!

The new zelda game is.....strange....my friends and I had speculation that link was a wolf, and damn we were right! it looks a bit ridiculous at first, but I can see as to how this might play out (nightime = transformation).
    Different? yes
    Will it work? I hope...

Biggest suprise? Mario DDR, !

Great stuff from nintendo

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LensIrritant
    Does anyone else foresee the catalog of classic games having a huge impact on demand and prices of the original cartridges?
    Well, maybe a little bit. Given that emulation is already pretty widespread though, I'd guess not, as this is a less appealing option than emulation is.

The real question is.....what would original cartridge prices be like if there WAS no emulation? My guess is that they'd be through the roof....although it wouldn't much effect the prices of seldom-emulated stuff (i.e. Saturn).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Game Boy Micro
    2 inches by 4 inches
    Backlit screen but smaller than the current GBA/SP one. Its not a new format so not competing against the DS but simply plays GBA, GBC and GB games. Apparentely its going to have interchangable faceplates.
    One question though, are they still going to sell the SP? And, second question, how come Advance isn't in the name even though its the same format and not a new one. I'm not sure they need this as well as the DS but if this is cheaper than the DS I can see its advatages in being ultra-portable.

As for the Revolution, its tiny. Downloadable back catalgogue is nice. I wonder what the controller looks like and how powerful it is compared to the PS3 and 360. Free internet access is good also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julio III
    Game Boy Micro
    2 inches by 4 inches
    Backlit screen but smaller than the current GBA/SP one. Its not a new format so not competing against the DS but simply plays GBA, GBC and GB games. Apparentely its going to have interchangable faceplates.
    One question though, are they still going to sell the SP? And, second question, how come Advance isn't in the name even though its the same format and not a new one. I'm not sure they need this as well as the DS but if this is cheaper than the DS I can see its advatages in being ultra-portable.

As for the Revolution, its tiny. Downloadable back catalgogue is nice. I wonder what the controller looks like and how powerful it is compared to the PS3 and 360. Free internet access is good also.
    Agreed, price will be a big factor. If it is cheap it will be a big seller, and the most portable form of handheld systems. As small as the SP is it is still a LITTLE bulky in the pocket.

I was also most interested in how the controller would work, but unfortunately it seems we will need to wait longer for details on that. They have something up their sleeve though, something that nobody expects with the way we will be playing games...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does anyone have the Nintendo Press Conference video up yet. I'm still waiting for IGN Insider to get their act together :/