Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hardcore Gamer magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got mine today, and I really liked it overall, not alot of ads all over, and the overall layout is easy on the eyes and organized. Paper quality suprised me as well.

I did not like the strategy section though, it seemed like wasted space, and seriously, who really reads those anyway. Tons of blown up pictures and empty space on those pages.

I also felty there should have been more on classic games, but overall I am happy with this, much better than that gamepro crap!

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got mine today, and I really liked it overall, not alot of ads all over, and the overall layout is easy on the eyes and organized. Paper quality suprised me as well.

I did not like the strategy section though, it seemed like wasted space, and seriously, who really reads those anyway. Tons of blown up pictures and empty space on those pages.

I also felty there should have been more on classic games, but overall I am happy with this, much better than that gamepro crap!

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheHammerGod's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Matesamo
    PSN
    Matesamo

It seems like everyone here is getting it in the mail, lol. So far so good and I have high hopes for the fourth issue, if they can pull the best features out of the first two issues (beating bad games, cameos in games) and add that to the new features in the third they will have a very strong magazine indeed.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I liked it well enough to order issues 1 and 2 so that I can have a complete run if the quality keeps up. It's better than something like Game Informer or EGM because it attempts to address the gaming lifestyle. Sure, I may not ever make the recipes they feature, but I think it's very cool that they have a page devoted to diet. It may not all be about games per se, and it's not like I'm thinking that they're all concerned about our health or anything, but years from now it'll be neat to look back at this magazine and be able to see it as a glimpse into gaming culture instead just one more PR tool written by smart-alecks.

Still, I also would like to see more devoted to classic gaming and less on strategy, unless it's something uber-cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the august issue in the mail a couple days ago. I was shocked. It looks like Gamefan, smells like it, feels like it, but it aint it.

I wish HCGM would live up to its name and really appeal to the hardest of the hardcore like GF did. Hopefully they're working on that, till they do i'm fine reading Gamepro and Play.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RCM
    I wish HCGM would live up to its name and really appeal to the hardest of the hardcore like GF did. Hopefully they're working on that, till they do i'm fine reading Gamepro and Play.
    Details. Exactly what is it that you're looking for that isn't there?

This last issue was ok but I could have done without the gaming gourmet