Thread: NCSX shipping 'Asian" versions of a game instead of JP?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NCSX shipping 'Asian" versions of a game instead of JP?

A few people that had preordered the NTSC Japan version of Namco X Capcom from NCSX ended up receiving the 'Asian' version of the game. It seems both people the preordered early and lateare having this happen. My copy hasnt arrived, yet.. so I have no idea which version I'll be getting. I would hope the Japanese version, since that's what I had clearly preordered.

Is this common of NCSX?

*edit

Well, I emailed them about this, and here was their response.
    -----
    Hi Gabriel, thanks for your email and apologies for this problem. When
    we receive new games on days when there are a lot of shipments arriving
    and shipping out, our staff may not realize the difference between the Asian
    and Japanese versions when packaging orders because of the same cover
    and lack of time due to the many shipments that are being prepared.

We can mark your account so that in the future, we will double check your
    package to make sure that it will filled with only Japanese versions of
    games.

If you wish, you can send the Asian version of Namco X Capcom back to us
    or refuse the shipment when UPS arrives and we will exchange it with the
    Japanese version. We are sold out currently but we should restock more
    copies
    by Wednesday-Thursday of this week. Please feel free to contact us if you
    have
    any questions.

Regards,
    NCS, Inc

-----

Since the Japanese versions do tend to be slightly more expensive than the Asian versions.. I think the people doing the packaging should duble check if people are getting the version they paid for without the customer having to request it..

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

May I ask what the difference is between an Asian version of a game, and a Japanese version of a game, and how you can tell for sure with any given game for any given system? Because especially when you're buying online, all you have to go by is usually a front scan that's way too small, and if you're lucky you get a rear scan that's way too small also.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since my copy hasnt arrived yet, I hear that to tell the difference is to look on the back of the case. I was told by someone on another board that on the Japanese version, under the bar code, "For Japan Only" is labelled. For the Asian versions, it says "For Home Use Only".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From my experience with PS2 games, the only difference is a card inserted with instructions in English. The games may have some slight differences, but I can't confirm this. If I get a chance and someone is interested I can scan or take a picture of these games to show what I mean.

-edit

That and the back is a little different as mentioned.
    What have you done America?

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Buddy
    From my experience with PS2 games, the only difference is a card inserted with instructions in English. The games may have some slight differences, but I can't confirm this. If I get a chance and someone is interested I can scan or take a picture of these games to show what I mean.

-edit

That and the back is a little different as mentioned.
    fb, you're pretty much on target. generally, if you want to play imports and don't mind paying less, official asian versions are actually a better way to go for some releases. the games aren't altered in content in any way and the control layout cards go a long way in helping some of us dumb americans around the language barrier.

the other big differences are in some manuals and the back cover art- which may be laid out differently inside and out to refelct three languages instead of one, but some games have entirely japanese manuals with black and white english/chinese ones packed in as well- it depends on the game. i also have a few early asian ps one imports with manuals entirely in english save for some legal information, but i'm not sure if any ps2 titles are this straightforward. also, if you're into serial numbering, asian editions have a totally different system than their japanese counterparts.

i know in the case of some asian edition squaresoft ps one titles, the foldout manual sheet was a mini poster (front mission 2, tobal 2, bushido blade) not found in the japanese or u.s. release, something to consider if you're a completist.

g.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Default asian is original?

Anyone can prove that asian games are really official? Why they comes with english/jap manual and are cheaper? Why english language to asian market? These games looks like chinese bootlegs or chinese gba imitations for me

Just remember, chinese pirate anime dvds comes with chinese and english subtitles

XBL: ArthurOtaku
    PSN: Arthur-Otaku

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: asian is original?

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur-Otaku
    Anyone can prove that asian games are really official? Why they comes with english/jap manual and are cheaper? Why english language to asian market? These games looks like chinese bootlegs or chinese gba imitations for me

Just remember, chinese pirate anime dvds comes with chinese and english subtitles
    it's so easy to prove LEGAL asian games aren't fakes that it's almost ridiculous to ask. there's a huge english language market for games in hong kong because (gasp) some people actually speak and read ENGLISH there. if you buy your imports sealed, especially in the case of PS/PS2 titles, you'll see the distinct sony identifying tear strip, official labels and other stuff bootleggers don't bother with because these are too expensive to replicate.

as to the cost of some of these titles, if you notice, MANY of these are older games. the prices for newer games are a bit closer to what they go for in japan, but i'm sure the value of the dollar in both countries has something to do with the pricing. if you're running a business, the last thing you want is a bunch of 2-3 year old games collecting dust because you're trying to sell them at their original retail price. if you want a listing of reliable ebay sellers that deal in asian market games, i'll be more than happy to hook you up with names and links.

g.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Default Re: asian is original?

Quote Originally Posted by geelw

it's so easy to prove LEGAL asian games aren't fakes that it's almost ridiculous to ask. there's a huge english language market for games in hong kong because (gasp) some people actually speak and read ENGLISH there. if you buy your imports sealed, especially in the case of PS/PS2 titles, you'll see the distinct sony identifying tear strip, official labels and other stuff bootleggers don't bother with because these are too expensive to replicate.

as to the cost of some of these titles, if you notice, MANY of these are older games. the prices for newer games are a bit closer to what they go for in japan, but i'm sure the value of the dollar in both countries has something to do with the pricing. if you're running a business, the last thing you want is a bunch of 2-3 year old games collecting dust because you're trying to sell them at their original retail price. if you want a listing of reliable ebay sellers that deal in asian market games, i'll be more than happy to hook you up with names and links.

g.
    If my question is ridiculous why you leave so many words for me?

In Japan, some people talks english too but japanese games only comes with japanese manual, it's so strange a manual with japanese and english language together

You said that is easy to prove, but you don't say anything that really prove that "asian" games are original, give me any official website talking about these asian games, an official hk website or anything, do you have? Like korean capcom website at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Of course they are official - do you think Sony et al don't want to make money from the lucrative Asian market?
    There's official Asian releases for most major systems since at least the NES/Master System days.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    arthurotaku

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Of course they are official - do you think Sony et al don't want to make money from the lucrative Asian market?
    There's official Asian releases for most major systems since at least the NES/Master System days.
    Prove that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think "we" should have to prove anything. If you're really dying to find out email ncsx.com about the Asian verisons. I doubt a site such as there's would still be in business this long if they were selling boots out in the open.
    What have you done America?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by anagrama
    Prove that
    My good man, there was a Hong Kong-specific release of the NES. Members of DP have had boxed consoles go through their hands.

There've been Arabic releases of MSX games, too. Heh. For that matter, Asia hasn't exactly been a backwater of gaming. A good portion of the rare Japanese games market is based on Hong Kong due to proximity.

With bootleggers, the rule is that things are produced cheaply as possible. You can pretty much bank on that.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default the name game...

geez-us! for someone whose handle has OTAKU in it, you sure are a hell of a skeptic. dude. i've been playing games for 32 years and collecting for for about 16. i've seen bootlegs come and go, and one thing they never are is COMPLETE. there's always something missing, and if you know what to look for, then you also know what the heck you're talking about. now go buzz the ncs website for packaging variants before i have to break out mr. trump on you