Thread: Pathway to Glory!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pathway to Glory!

so i ended up with a couple of those five buck n-gage games, and pathway is the clear winner of the bunch as well as the best turn-based strategy game (WWII or otherwise) i've played in ages. it's great looking, hard as hell (well, i haven't lost a man in 4 missions, but there were some pretty tight spots where if you're not scoring the map, you'll be in for a rough time), and if it were on the psp, ds, or gba, people would probably be buying systems to play it. not only is the single player deep and challenging, but you can play over n-gage arena, or offline via 'hot seat" mode, where you set up a game and pass the system to the person you're playing with for their turn.

the good thing is there's a sequel planned: pathway to glory: isuka island- and yah, it sounds like you'll be fighting guilty gear characters , but if the game is as great as this one is, i can't wait.

oh, and while pocket kingdom IS great fun...wtf is up with the dialog? it's like they hired some guy trying to sound too "net cool", but it comes off as annoyingly illiterate central instead. i liked maybe two jokes early on, but every time i see the words "skillz" and "pwned", my back goes out

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Demo available here for those that havent tried the game and have an n-gage.

Hopefully ill be able to find something to please classicb for a trade, as I loved the demo, but n-gage games beyond first gen are impossible to find here :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree as well I could own my N-Gage and just this one game and be plenty happy. Great game and I'm looking forward to the sequal.

also I think the new High Sieze game is made by the same developers. Its supposed to be the N-Gages version of Advance Wars. Should be good with the added arena features.

I don't know if you got Colin Mcrae but I thought that was a stand out game as well.

I thought the GameFAQs dialoge in Pocket Kingdoms was pretty funny but I guess it does get old. The game itself I find quite addicting.

@greatescape
    I'm not too pickey after all I only paid $5 per game so whatever you can find will probably be ok. I just updated my SMS list here on DP so any decent game I don't have would be fine.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gosh, I want to play this game, and the other 5 I bought from EB last week. I almost bought an N-Gage as a phone this weekend, but I still have 30 days left on my Verizon contract, so I'm gonna wait.

Damn it...I own 19 N-Gage games, but no stupid N-Gage...
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default vroom.

oh, i got cmr 2005 a while ago... for $19.99 :/ but, hey, it was after the first price drop earlier this year, and i was too excited to pass it up, lol. oh well. still it's really a lot of fun, as is asphalt gt, which is probably the first (and only unless pathway gets ported) n-gage to nintendo ds translation,

g.