Thread: Finny The Fish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Finny The Fish

well i picked up Finny the Fish after i pre-ordered it, and unforntally i never really played it yet. too much work, and too tired when i got home. so my question is, did anybody pick this game up yet, and if so what are ur thoughts on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I plan on getting it some time. The Japanese demo OPM had a while back was cool. It was unique and stylish. I just hope the domestic version lets you skip all the text if you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes it dose....i played a little...the voice acting is subpar...but that dosnt annoy me as much

Banana (Level 7) pragmatic insanester's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this game pissed me off. its nowhere as niche as half the japanese demos OPM let us preview, and they got axed in favor of it (so to speak).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never heard of this game before I saw it in Gamestop the other day. I was perusing the shelves, when I saw this very colorful box with a big cartoonish fish on it. It was only $10, brand new. I'm a sucker for really odd titles, and cheap ones, so it was a natural impulse buy for me.

When I asked for the game from the guy at the counter, he was like, "We have a game called 'Finny the Fish?'" Not that I blame him.

So I brought the game home, and before I opened it up, I decided to look for reviews online. There's not a single player review on GameFAQs, which tells me it's even more unpopular than I thought. IGN and Gamespot both ripped the game apart, giving it around 5 out of 10.

I've played it a little bit so far, and I don't think it's that bad yet. Kinda interesting, actually. You get to swim like a fish, eat like a fish, and so on and so forth.

Being such an unpopular game, maybe it'll be a future rarity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snapple
    So I brought the game home, and before I opened it up, I decided to look for reviews online. There's not a single player review on GameFAQs, which tells me it's even more unpopular than I thought. IGN and Gamespot both ripped the game apart, giving it around 5 out of 10.
    ChoroQ sadly suffered a similar fate and I wound up having an absolute blast with it. I recall there being a thread about this game a few months ago which got me interested in it, but I've yet to play it (I paid a whopping $15 for it, IIRC).

A buddy of mine picked it up and found himself oddly attracted to both it and Dog's Life (another game I need to give a whirl)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've played it and love it.... it has its weak moments but for the most part its original and fun, and that goes a long way..