Thread: S-video / Rgb matrix

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default S-video / Rgb matrix

Is there a way to interact the Cr and Cb from rgb directly to Y/C ?
    cause i ordered a rgb/vga box from goldenshop in HK but it was a S-video box with a RGB matrix decoder and since pal gamecubes dont have S-Video it doesnt work like it should ive managed to rewire it to accept S-video with the help of Component and one of the rgb colors but it looks all screwed up and to bright any ideas how to fix this?
    Broken? fix it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had great difficulty reading your post. Please use more punctuation.

http://www.gamesx.com has some info on RGB stuff.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well no, they dont. but they have a section in their forum about the Digital AV plug supporting RGB but i want to know how to hookup the S-video on a pal gamecube
    Broken? fix it.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squirrelnut1416

Sometimes if your soldering wires, soldering a pot in there helps fine tune the frequency of the colors.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

S-Video FROM a PAL gamecube, thru (what a SCART?).

I don't know if the (PAL) gamecube even supports S-video...
    (its mostly US/JAPAN)

However Nintendo has wonderful multi-system cables and SCART ones that have S-Video do exist. (PAL GC with S-video may not however)

If the PAL GC does not have S-video you need something to convert from Composite up (bad idea) or RGB/component .

how you connect that to your TV is annother matter.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i want RGB and i know the digital port have RGB but i havent seen any gc digi to VGA cables so

and no the PAL cubes dont have Svideo pins hooked up just like NTSC cubes dont have RGB pins hooked up.
    But this is a minor trace issue im guessing that you cant connect it if you know the pins where the signal is generated, and since one of the 2 signals already exist in the cable (C) i only need the other one.
    Broken? fix it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GC to VGA cables probably do exist somewhere, mabey...

However Component Video (YPrPb) -> RGBHV (VGA) converters DO exist. Too bad the GC cables are so expensive.

VGA will blow away S-Video anyday.

So to do it that way you could get:
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=3166&
    and
    http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?cat...ducts_id=1468&

also takes care of that horrible NSTC and PAL mess. (VGA is always VGA...everywhere)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah i know they do exist but they are hard to find an all in one cable.. the VGA box from liksang is good but still i dont have a scart entry on it witch is needed if i aint gonna use any special cables from the GC

i would perfer a more here you have all cables needed and a shitty box solution. :P
    or simply a diagram hos to reconnect the luminance in the gc to the connector
    Broken? fix it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Taking RGB to either component, S-Video, or composite is not done by simply combining the R+G+B lines. There is an encoding process that needs to be performed for any of these. And there are several ways of doing so on the market, but they cost money. Of the PCBs you can buy (not enclosed simply plug and play), you can use the JROK, R2N, or NeoBitz encoders. Any will cost you at least $65.

And gamesx.com has TONS of info on this stuff. You need to look at the forums part for the most info.
    Check out my site for Turbo Grafx/Duo, PCE, SuperGuns, and Sega Genesis mods and more.....
    http://www.multimods.com

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well yeah im quite aware that RGB can be transformed to everything but now only interested in where the Y/C are connected on a PAL gc if they can be connected..

im educated in tv systems so that about covers standard color interaction like Component, RGB, S-vhs etc..

but i think we are pissing around the fire here..
    i bought a rgb / vga box sutiable for gc/psx/xbox but it was a crappy svideo box that decodes the rgb matrix and calculates a RGB signal to get VGA (it costed me a bundle to buy and more to get it shipped here) so at the current time in only interested how to rewire the svhs pins inside the GC so it works like a normal NTSC machine does. (since there are RGB fixes for NTSC machines i figured there should be a svhs fix for PAL machines as well?)
    Broken? fix it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

like d-lite said,go to gamesx.Theres pleny of info on making a vga cable,it'll cost about $40.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKitt
    well i want RGB and i know the digital port have RGB but i havent seen any gc digi to VGA cables so

and no the PAL cubes dont have Svideo pins hooked up just like NTSC cubes dont have RGB pins hooked up.
    But this is a minor trace issue im guessing that you cant connect it if you know the pins where the signal is generated, and since one of the 2 signals already exist in the cable (C) i only need the other one.